Re: Misplaced Objects when Bringing in Penthouse Dorm at Britechester

by EnkiSchmidt

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

On second look maybe they aren't the apartment shells, after all, but generic background buildings, but whatever they are, they float. I circled what looks like food stalls in the one screenshot, the other shows two overlapping floating Spice Festivals.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 51 of 128 (2,322 Views)

Champion

On a sidenote, I played through a festival in Sulani and found no irregularities. The two neighborhoods with festivals in Mt. Komorebi are unaffected, too, as are the two with apartments in Evergreen Harbour. Only San Myshuno has the bug.

Message 52 of 128 (2,321 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@EnkiSchmidtyeah those look like the buildings surrounding our apartment shells but world objects nevertheless. I'm starting to worry now. Like how much stuff can end up there??? D:
Also, just a tip: you can press Tab on your keyboard (if you're on pc) and then use controls q,e, w,a,s,d to move around in tab camera mode and get closer to the objects to get a better look on the stuff in the sky. Standard smile

@Tenseijken argh okay thanks for the heads up though that I shouldn't go meddling with the extra objects myself. :E

I guess I need to find that old bug report thread then. I'm not even able to interact with them though! I mean if there's a take-away coffee on the ground (in my case it's probably Spice district) I can't even click on it. >:/

Message 53 of 128 (2,304 Views)

Champion

@siirysiir  I know how to use camermanmode - look at my first post again, there you can see the difference between what it looks like from the rooftop (first screenie) and with the tab controls (second and third screenie). However, at some point the camera just wobbles away and won't let me get any closer. I can move under the displaced festivals, but not into them. (Might be because I use a mod that allows to zoom closer to the ground for better pet screenshots).

Message 54 of 128 (2,275 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have returned once more in these trying times of suffering to present this message to fellow Sims that, yes, objects are indeed still floating high above San Myshuno.

@siirysiirI think it's time to leave the city behind, come to the beautiful island of Sulani! The weather is nice and everything stays on the ground (except the birds...).

Message 55 of 128 (2,226 Views)

★★ Pro
@Tenseijken haha I completely feel you. To be honest, I've gone one step more and basically left The Sims 4 behind because it's such a buggy mess right now. (If I play, I just build or at most grow chickens in Henford-on-Bagley. I tried Britechester for a bit but Discover university is even more buggy than City living right now! :D)
Message 56 of 128 (2,174 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@siirysiir 

There is a lot i want to say but the last time i posted something slightly negative about the game, my post got instantly removed by an EA Admin.

But yeah, i can understand your choice. I think that a lot of people will do the same now & in the near future. There are so many problems, some for months or even years. And people don't like it when they find out that the new DLC pack that they just bought is pretty much broken or unplayable. It is no mystery that Maxis don't have the time or resources to fix all these issues.

I have invested so much time into this game, over 2.000 hours in my current save file. The only reason why i'm still here is because the Sims is pretty unique and there is no alternative (yet) and because Mods improve the game by 300 %. I don't know how console players endure all this...

Message 57 of 128 (2,163 Views)

★★ Pro
@Tenseijken oof that kind of censorship is a major yikes. :0
Poor console players, every time I have to play a fresh vanilla game (to report bugs, I would never do it otherwise) it's just mind boggling like "wow this truly sucks". There's so much annoying autonomous behaviour that I got rid of with mods in addition to all the bug fixing mods I can find that playing vanilla is infuriatingly frustrating. With mods you kinda forget how the game really is. :D It's just sad bc this game has potential, if they just fixed the bugs and the lag I wouldn't mind if they didn't release any new content for a year or more.
Message 58 of 128 (2,160 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Objects show up in the sky and on map

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 59 of 128 (1,998 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Objects show up in the sky and on map

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

So yeah I had this happen again on a fresh new save so it's not just that my existing save (with the images I earlier shared) is borked up or anything. It happened in the Fashion District. I got it like less than 2 weeks into gameplay and I was thinking of having my sim to get down from her apartment to by food from the street stalls and I noticed there weren't any.. Now I already know to look up to the skies if something isn't spawning in San Myshuno.

Ta-dah!

12-29-21_9-32-16 AM.png

edit: so I'll add another, thought it might be helpful to know where to look for. Since this is a new game, I haven't replaced any of the builds that ship with the DLC so you should be able to recognise the buildings/lots and be able to figure out the orientation. I don't know if there's a logical pattern where these stalls end up though.

12-30-21_9-08-18 AM.png

Message 60 of 128 (1,925 Views)