How to fix: Weapon, attachment or star card is unlocked but not selectable

by DYSPROssium

Original Post

How to fix: Weapon, attachment or star card is unlocked but not selectable

Hello there,

This thread explains for PC, Xbox One and PS4 how to solve the following issues:

1. You finished a weapon challenge, but the weapon is still not selectable.
  2. You finished an attachment challenge, but the attachment cannot be equipped.
  3. There is a star card stuck on one of your characters that you cannot deselect

Sadly, with the support of SWBFII ended, these issues will not be patched. Therefore please try out the following community solutions.

1. Weapon not selectable

What happens: You have fulfilled a challenge but didn't receive a crate with the new weapon.

PC

1. Close down SWBFII and Origin. Restart your PC. Then start SWBFII and see if you received anything. If not, continue to 2.
  2. Follow the instructions below under 4. General Instructions.

Console

1. Power cycle your console. Instructions for Xbox and instructions for PS4. If you receive nothing, continue to 2.

2. Attachment not selectable

What happens: You have finished an attachment challenge but you cannot select it in the menu.

All devices

1. Go into singleplayer -> arcade. Go to the weapon where you experience the bug. Be sure to deselect all attachments for that weapon (and all others). Check if this fixes it, otherwise go to step 2.

3. A random start card is stuck on my character or vehicle

What happens: A random star card is stuck on a character or vehicle and I cannot un-equip it.

All devices

1. Follow the instructions below under 4. General Instructions.

4. General Instructions

There is a good chance the following will fix your issues. Please keep in mind that when deleting local files (on your PC or console) will erase singleplayer progression, such as the campaign. However, the provided solutions do not affect your number of credits or skins or progression.

PC

Close down SWBFII and go into Origin. Disable the cloud savings of this game. See the screenshots below under "spoiler" 

Then, completely remove "STAR WARS Battlefront II" folder from your documents, clear Origin cache one more time and then try to launch the game.

After you are able to play normally again, you can always switch it back on.

XBOX

You can manage your data for individual games through My games & apps on your Home screen. Please follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select My games and apps.
  2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
  3. In the menu on the left of the screen, scroll down to Saved Data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the A button on your controller.
  4. You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
    • Delete from console removes the local copy of this save. You can get it from the cloud the next time you play. I would suggest trying this one first
    • Delete everywhere removes your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on. If the previous didn't work try this.

PS4

1. Close down SWBFII and go to Settings and to Application Saved Data Management and proceed to Saved Data in System Storage.
  2. Select SWBFII and delete the local data.
  3. Restart your console and try out if the issue is fixed.

Hopefully this summary can solve your issue. If you still encounter the bug, please post down below!

Thanks,

Message 1 of 15 (25,032 Views)

Re: How to fix: Weapon, attachment or star card is unlocked but not selectable

★★★ Novice

For anyone who tries deleting local savegame data, fyi it also resets your options and deselects your cards/weapons/emotes/etc.

Didn't work for me, unfortunately. I'm missing a weapon attachment as a reward for a trooper milestone. I completed the milestone in Co-op on PS4 at the time the servers went down back in March. Since then, the progress bar on the milestone has been full but not grayed out / marked as complete. Was hoping for a simple fix instead of having to contact a human from EA, but oh well.

Message 2 of 15 (24,891 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, ran into the same issue a month ago n I still haven’t had the help to unlock any weapons that are locked for me

Message 3 of 15 (24,588 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This didn't work, what a surprise: i remember trying a dozen different proposed solutions to fix a CreateTexture2D error message on the game Apex Legends and NOTHING working, and then for some reason it just stopped happening and the game worked.

Message 4 of 15 (23,703 Views)

EA DICE Team
@deftertax911036 Wrong game there bud.

You might want to poke this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Apex-Legends/ct-p/apex-legends-en

/Atic
Message 5 of 15 (23,440 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you. I nearly done this lol, so you saved me big time! Star

Message 6 of 15 (21,501 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Lol poor fella. I did giggle a little reading your reply, as it reminded me of this one time where I posted in the wrong forums, 5 times, about 5 different issues, on one weekend.

I'll explain what happened. Btw so you understand, Arma 3 is a military simulator game, and this Arlis Life server is a Role Play community (Arma 3 that's modde). It's great fun. 

Soo, the game was Arma 3, and I posted in some random Atlis life rp community forum... The funny thing is, I thought it was a forum for the upcoming "Atlis" game  Raised eyebrow and I didn't know about the forums notification bar, so I never realised that I was posting in the wrong forum, until one of the server devs added me on steam and explained what was happening, and he said "Everyone is talking about this one guy named "Onevy" who's lost, posting in the wrong forums. And apparently I became a meme, or whatever you call it, maybe an incside joke, etc. (All in good fun)

He continued to explain that people in-game are holding church services about this "lost soul, Onevy" and civilians rioting in the main town because of, many hilarious reasons lol, but they were chanting "Free Onevy" 😂 

Anyway lol good times. I hope you get a laugh out of this. 😂

Message 7 of 15 (21,493 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried everything to unlock this weapon, @EA_Atic I was hoping to get into contact with you about fixing this? I also filed support tickets and even got in contact with the support team to no avail.

Message 8 of 15 (21,474 Views)

EA DICE Team
Did you open crate menu and had a look there? @Commandah

Support can help but tell them that the milestone is stuck.

/Atic
Message 9 of 15 (21,422 Views)

★★ Novice

I've checked the crate menu, nothing is there. I had also contacted support before, unfortunately they weren't able to help.

Message 10 of 15 (21,410 Views)