How do I change the language of BF2 in the EA app?

by IGF_Demonies

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I change the language of BF2 in the EA app?

★★★ Novice

Title. I want to install BF2 again but the new app doesn't give me any language choice other than my native language when installing. The problem is that I absolutely hate playing games in my native language because the translations are usually horrible and I prefer english anyways. Is there a way to change it?

Message 1 of 6 (2,239 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I change the language of BF2 in the EA app?

Hero

You purchase the game for a particular language and that's the option you get when you install.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,195 Views)

All Replies

Hero

You purchase the game for a particular language and that's the option you get when you install.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 6 (2,196 Views)

★★ Novice

thats not right... i have the same problem with this new trash EA App, i cant change my language for no reason....

back in the day when Origin was used i could change it for every game to every language i wanted.

the language is not based on you location or the key you purchased.... dont spread misinformation.

Message 3 of 6 (2,167 Views)

Hero

Yes. I agree. Spreading misinformation is not helpful.

See this.

Message 4 of 6 (2,146 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hey, I was having that problem. Apparently the EA app reads from the windows registry . So you have to open the Windows registry and go to 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA Games\STAR WARS Battlefront II

and where it says Locale , give it a double click and change it to  en_US   for English.

Mine was in pt_BR , for Brazilian Portuguese. I'm not sure if this would work in regional versions, because the game might not download the language files. but it's worth a try.

Message 5 of 6 (1,449 Views)

★ Apprentice

I bought the English version to combat anti-Polish discrimination by EA. The moment they introduced the EA App, I lost access to English. How do I get it back?

Message 6 of 6 (126 Views)