Game won't launch

by lukepotatoeater2

Original Post

Re: Game won't launch, I've tried everything besides changing DirectX

★★★★★ Newbie
@C0untSuDooku Frosty Mod Manager worked for me too -
I have Star Wars Battlefront II in Epic Launcher, but this kept trying to open Origin and Origin can't be used anymore and tells you to open EA app. When I try to launch the game from EA app, it opens Epic launcher and so the loop continued.

Initially, I couldn't launch the game with Frosty either, but then I changed the launch option: Tools > Options > Launch options and changed this from Origin to EADesktop. - After that I was able to launch the game and play.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Message 31 of 50 (2,019 Views)

★★ Novice

So the crashing stopped but now the game doesn't launch for me with this method 

Message 32 of 50 (1,842 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@C0untSuDooku I need help with this issue. My discord is Hex#1839
Message 33 of 50 (1,823 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Could you help me out? My discord is Hex#1839

Message 34 of 50 (1,822 Views)

★ Apprentice

You were right I finally open the game with Frosty

Message 35 of 50 (1,802 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Mauri123900 Not working to me.. I need some help
Message 36 of 50 (1,716 Views)

★★ Novice

This worked for me just fine. I've been two months trying to play the game, I even added more RAM to my PC worring about that, but Frosty Mod worked. 

In the Launch options the game was, In fact, trying to launch from Origin, even when I downloaded from EA App. 

I was worried for not being able to play online, but everything works perfectly. Well, everything except the fact that If I close the game I apparently have to restart my PC If I want to open the game again, maybe there is something else to do, but beside that, Frosty Mod was the definitive solution for this problem. 

Message 37 of 50 (1,409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm really happy that this has worked out for you and a few others here. Standard smile

I have experienced intermittent moments over the months where some situations will cause the game to not launch without repeating some steps of the fix.

And many here who have said this straight up doesn't work for their issue.

Therefore I'm going to do a clean install of windows 11 this week and record a video of the process setting the game up and getting it running from scratch to try to address everyone else who had post in this thread. I'll get it posted here and set up a steam community group soon. Where a few of us can help.

I have created a mod pack for frosty that, on both systems we have tested it on, (Intel/nvidia RTX & Intel/Radeon) it:

• fixes / completely removes all in game server / ea / error messages about services being down, not connecting, having to spam click connect etc. Instant auto login every single time, never clicking again!

• removes VOIP (mic) from the game so you no longer have to mute people

• fixes all random and triggered / buggy ingame crashes to desktop (the game never crashes)

• full visual graphics overhaul (lore friendly)

• shows hero and villain selection during multiplayer pre-game

• shows live map during multiplayer pre-game and on all character selection screens

• Removes ea/dice logo videos on launch and instantly loads to menu and connects 

Mods are properly synced with the game and you only need to launch the game with frosty mod manager ONCE. It will work perfectly every other time when launched fron ea app, epic or steam as normal.

• New loading screens to verify all mods are working

• over 100++ other game improvements and new hero villain skins characters and voicelines. Lots of new sound effects and incredible voice line swaps for all characters. New playable heroes and villains.

I want everyone else to be able to enjoy my favourite game.

If there is any interest contact me on Discord or Steam.

Message 38 of 50 (1,371 Views)

★ Apprentice

FrostyFix shows no games. 

Message 39 of 50 (1,312 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Zacharybinx34then you will need to click through to settings and locate both the frosty installation folder and the game folder manually.

The game will then remain in the frostyfix list.

Message 40 of 50 (1,302 Views)