Game won't launch

by lukepotatoeater2

Original Post

Re: Game won't launch

★★★ Novice

Sir, none of your methods work either EA works like it works for Star Wars The Old Republic which I pay and it works because people are paying every month and never in my life had I a problem with it either you can say there are no solutions because EA abandoned the project. All the EA App does is minimizing after the play button, The star wars battlefront II process is on the cpu but the game visually does not launches . All in all what it does is it the EA app minimizes, the play button gets gray and then becomes available to press again after 15 seconds

Message 21 of 50 (5,282 Views)

Re: Game won't launch, I've tried everything besides changing DirectX

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hey, I might have a fix for this. My friend had the same issue recently. we both had the game working for ages and the sudden switch from Origin to EA caused both our games to break and stop launching. Whether you had one or the other installed, after re-installing, game not locating, or after installing EA manually, where it removed origin as part of it's installation.

I don't have enough datapoints to say this is a reliable 'solution' as such, but what I do know is it fixed both our games completely and allowed us to play again. We thought the game was going to be dead for ever but there are a lot of players active on Steam so we were determined to find a way.

Install Frosty Mod Manager. You can use mods or not, makes no difference.

Then install 'FrostyFix' from github /dyvinia.

run both these applications as administrator.

FrostyFix may ask you to download an additional file from Microsoft dotnet, download and install it.

Choose the appropriate options for your setup from Frostyfix and then launch the game via frosty mod manager.

This should get you up and running again. We are both using Windows 11 with the latest updates.

From what I can tell, there is some sort of issue of unknown origin that messes up the game's datapath and these modding tools work around that.

If this doesn't work for you DM me here or add me on EA 'CommandoJigga' and I'll try my best to help you out futher! I only joined EA answers to troubleshoot this game.

@lukepotatoeater2 @aggelosmaster @AlyzanOverLORD @Joe_mammas_2169 

Message 22 of 50 (5,277 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Add me on Discord. My disc is mynameisBlade#0216. I tried this as I have been at my wits end and it still didn't work. Does this method have to be through steam? I have the game purchased on Origin and even if I run both frostymodmanager and frostyfix as admins then launch from the manager, it will still do the EA Play application opens then shuts then just opens again with no game launching... Frown I can stream my screen for you so you can see exactly what I am going through. I have been at trying to get this damn game to work for over a week. Funny thing is I was literally just playing it early last week, and now I can't even get the .exe to launch..... ugh... Any and all help would be most appreciated my friend!

Message 23 of 50 (5,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@BladeisfurySent you a request! If FrostyFix doesn't help, run it again and click disable mods. Uninstall EA Desktop and install the old origin from the link DarthFDG posted. Make sure it is on the C drive. Let it add the shortcut to the desktop, right click it, and run as administrator, then launch the game via steam or epic. Hope that helps!

Message 24 of 50 (5,078 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@C0untSuDooku My Discord is aHairysheep#4814. Pls help me
Message 25 of 50 (4,807 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Can you post any updates for the resolution if you three found anything as a solid fix? I'm sure I'm not the only lurker here with their fingers crossed? LOL

Message 26 of 50 (4,718 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Easy money hey EA?  You sell me a game, that won't launch, you send me an error message that says the fault is at your end, but you do nothing about it.  I must try that, talk about scammers, EA are the biggest with this scam/

Message 27 of 50 (4,696 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you this really helped! I couldnt play for months!

Message 28 of 50 (4,441 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you know of any other solutions. I've been trying to fix this problem for days. I've followed your instructions as listed, i've tried downloading the game on steam, EA, Epic and Origin to no avail, tried mod loaders and running the launcher and game as administrator. At this point ive probably downloaded the game about 5 times with no luck. Nothing I do seems to work. All that happens is either the EA or Origin tab minimises for a couple of seconds after i try to load the game up then they pop back up and the game refuses to launch. 

Message 29 of 50 (4,417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same for me, I was playing on Origin and it was working. Now it works but I cant install mods anymore. With gestionnary task open, the game launching 2-3 second and after, the EA Desktop pop-up and the game closes.

Message 30 of 50 (4,132 Views)