Game won't launch

by lukepotatoeater2

Original Post

Battlefront II won't start

★ Novice

Hi there!

I tried to launch Battlefront II but the game just doesn't start.

I tried with the EA App and it didn't work.

I uninstalled EA App and got back to Origin and it didn't work.

I tried to repair the game, it didn't work.

I tried to uninstall the game and reinstall it, it still doesn't launch.

There is no error message. Just the Origin window minimising for a few seconds and comes back and the game won't launch.

Thanks!

Message 11 of 50 (5,681 Views)

Re: Game Won't Launch windows 11

★★ Novice

Same problem. I tried to launch Battlefront 2 through the Epic Games launcher. When that didn't work, I literally bought the game a second time through Steam and it still won't work. It just loops through the EA launcher, then the EA launcher closes and the game refuses to launch.

Message 12 of 50 (5,656 Views)

Hero

@curzondaxx wrote:

EA launcher closes and the game refuses to launch.

Are you talking about EA App or Origin?

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 13 of 50 (5,636 Views)

Re: Battlefront II won't start

Hero

From where did you buy the game?

Is this your first time trying to play, or did it used to launch OK?

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 14 of 50 (5,634 Views)

Game won't launch, I've tried everything besides changing DirectX

★★★ Newbie

At this point, I'm wondering if anyone that has the game working on PC can send me their settings folder from the game documents. I've tried repairing the game on Origin, reinstalling it, and verifying it multiple times. I've tried doing a clean boot, launching both the game and Origin as administrator, literally everything I can think of. The only thing that I haven't tried yet is changing the DirectX 12 settings in the BootOptions.ini file that I saw suggested. Even on a fresh install, the settings folder is generated but the BootOptions file isn't in there. Is it possible that someone would be able to send me their settings folder so I can copy it into my settings folder to see if that helps? If anyone has any advice or suggestions let me know :/

Message 15 of 50 (5,630 Views)

Re: Game Won't Launch.

Hero

@C0untSuDooku wrote:

They Introduced a ton of new issues when they came back to fix the 1hp glitch.

Can you please point me towards the issues you are referring to?

Message 16 of 50 (5,643 Views)

Re: Game won't launch

★★★ Newbie
@sachamanchu having the exact same issue, i launch the game via steam, then LINK2EA starts, closes, and then the EA app opens saying "An error has occurred with your account" and then i cant do anything. I changed passwords, disconnected and connected steam with EA account 2 times , still no work.
Message 17 of 50 (5,628 Views)

Re: Game Won't Launch.

★★★ Newbie
@9Kato Me neither, just wasted 40 euros on the game for it not to even work, EA is the worst company ever for this, its so darn stressful
Message 18 of 50 (5,619 Views)

★★ Novice

this is exactly what happens and to answer your question its EA App

Message 19 of 50 (5,601 Views)

Re: Game won't launch

[ Edited ]
Hero

If the game was purchased thru Steam or Epic, there was a change a couple weeks ago such that EA app is now used instead of Origin. However, the method of starting is the same - i.e. start from Steam, if you purchased from Steam. FWIW - I got the game directly thru EA (Origin) and the game is starting fine.

Based on something I saw from @EA_Atic, below is a prioritized list of some things you might want to try.

1. Make sure all overlays are off (mainly for troubleshooting).
  2. In EA app, select "App Recovery".
  3. Reinstall SWBF2 and EA app:
    1. Uninstall SWBF2 and EA app.
    2. Remove any left over folders of EA app.
    3. Reinstall SWBF2 from Steam/EPIC.
    4. It should now install a new version of EA app.

Let me know if any of those work for you.

Message 20 of 50 (11,415 Views)