Game won't launch

by lukepotatoeater2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game won't launch

★★★★ Novice

Even though I played the game today, I can't open it now and it kicks me out of the game.

Message 1 of 50 (6,214 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game won't launch

[ Edited ]
Hero

If the game was purchased thru Steam or Epic, there was a change a couple weeks ago such that EA app is now used instead of Origin. However, the method of starting is the same - i.e. start from Steam, if you purchased from Steam. FWIW - I got the game directly thru EA (Origin) and the game is starting fine.

Based on something I saw from @EA_Atic, below is a prioritized list of some things you might want to try.

1. Make sure all overlays are off (mainly for troubleshooting).
  2. In EA app, select "App Recovery".
  3. Reinstall SWBF2 and EA app:
    1. Uninstall SWBF2 and EA app.
    2. Remove any left over folders of EA app.
    3. Reinstall SWBF2 from Steam/EPIC.
    4. It should now install a new version of EA app.

Let me know if any of those work for you.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.

View in thread

Message 20 of 50 (11,413 Views)

All Replies

Hero

What platform?

Have you rebooted?

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 50 (6,159 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too am having the same issue.  The problems started like 2-3 days ago.  I would launch Origin, then Steam (where I bought the game) and then start the game.  Origin would minimize and steam would put up the usual steam launching prompts.  Then Origin would open up again almost like it refreshed or something and the game never launches.  I have rebooted, changed the drive where the game is installed, set everything to run as administrator and set up a compatibility mode...nothing is working.  I have uninstalled and re-installed twice and have validated the files like 5 times through steam...this is very frustrating.

Message 3 of 50 (6,137 Views)

Game doesnot start

★★★ Newbie

someone help me to fix this game! it turning off my display when game starts, then windows needs restart 
i think try everything!  (settings in documents, Nvidia experience, launcher Compatibility, change monitor resolution)

spec: 9900k,rtx3070,32ram... monitor samsung g9 

Message 4 of 50 (6,116 Views)

Re: Game doesnot start

Hero

I suggest you attach a DXDIAG report, as someone may spot something causing your issue.

Message 5 of 50 (6,082 Views)

Game Won't Launch.

★★★ Newbie

I've tried every solution, and still nothing works. I just recently bought the game on Steam and can't even launch the game. I've tried through Origin and the EA app nut still, nothing works. Whether it's Origin, EA, or steam I try to run it on I begins the start up process, opens the launcher and then nothing. It closes out of the launcher and opens a Origin or EA window. I don't know what to even do anymore...

Message 6 of 50 (6,105 Views)

Re: Game Won't Launch.

★ Apprentice

I own the game on Origin Epic and Steam. Three copies! And none of them work. I think it's something to do with Origin being retired. It would be great if we were given any kind of communication at all but that's EA for you. If you are lucky enough to get it working again get ready to be stuck on the loading screen. They Introduced a ton of new issues when they came back to fix the 1hp glitch.

Message 7 of 50 (6,079 Views)

★ Apprentice
@sachamanchu Same here. Tried everything one could reasonably think of!
Message 8 of 50 (6,072 Views)

Game Won't Launch windows 11

★★ Novice

i have my drivers up to date and game updated everything is as it should be but the game still won't launch 

Message 9 of 50 (6,033 Views)

Re: Game Won't Launch windows 11

Hero

You click the game in which app and what specifically happens? nothing after the click?

Message 10 of 50 (5,999 Views)