Error code 721

by Player55

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error code 721

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Has anyone got the error code 721 recently on PC? 

Because it's seriously annoying and I cannot connect myself to the EA servers for Star Wars Battlefront II.

I want to add that my internet is good and I use wired connexion for the internet on my PC.

I'm not sure if it's the right place to post it but it's important that everyone sees this. I hope a patch or a client server update will be made for the game to fix this bug

Thank you!error code 721.PNG

Message 1 of 32 (46,216 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error code 721

★★ Guide

@Player55 

Yep we are all seeing this error crop up (see multiple other threads on this same subject)...and Frown yes we all hope EA are fully aware and are looking in to it. Its unlikely a problem at the gamers end and more than likely a server issue.

You can continue playing the game by persisting with clicking on the CONNECT button. I have found it sometimes takes two or three attempts ..at worst more than ten ...but you do connect and stay connected!

Not a good situation and not a solution but it works for me. Enjoy the game!

View in thread

Message 5 of 32 (46,000 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@Player55 

Yes, I also have that problem.

I heard many people have this problem.

(At least, I know 2 my local friends, who are not on this forum, have it too.)

I suppose it is a server side error.

I think I reported this issue but I don't know what is going on... Wondering

Message 2 of 32 (46,131 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yep, I've been getting it for at least a week. I can't play online at all in Battlefront 2.

Connectivity is fine. I can play other games online, just not Battlefront 2

Message 3 of 32 (46,031 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've bumped up a thread we had on this from a couple of weeks ago.

There's no way EA is unaware of this issue. The servers are being overloaded, and they're simply choosing not to upgrade them for an older game. There's nothing we can do, this is a server-side error.

Message 4 of 32 (46,017 Views)

★★ Guide

@Player55 

Yep we are all seeing this error crop up (see multiple other threads on this same subject)...and Frown yes we all hope EA are fully aware and are looking in to it. Its unlikely a problem at the gamers end and more than likely a server issue.

You can continue playing the game by persisting with clicking on the CONNECT button. I have found it sometimes takes two or three attempts ..at worst more than ten ...but you do connect and stay connected!

Not a good situation and not a solution but it works for me. Enjoy the game!

Message 5 of 32 (46,001 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes I have the same problem yet I am connected to internet but no it doesn't want connect whatsoever

Message 6 of 32 (45,954 Views)

Cannot Connect Error code 721 (PC) STEAM

★★★ Newbie

I havent been able to connect to EA servers when starting BFII from steam (the game starts and when i try to connect i get the error code message: 721) this is especially annoying due to the fact that i have no troble at all connecting to the EA servers in  BFII while using the Origin lancher (the game works fine when using origin and no connect issue and no code error message) 

So im not too sure what to do about this since i would like to start the game from steam because thats where i bought it and thats where i have it installed. This also makes it impossible to play with mods since i only get the error message when starting the game through steam. 

i obviously shouldent have connectivity problems since it works fine when starting through origin but never the less i want to blow my brains out due to the fact of this game not working as intended..-.-

please help 

Message 7 of 32 (45,356 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm on Xbox and I've been getting the same issue. Error code 721. The SWBF2 site says that the servers are fine but I can't connect at all. I've tried a hard reboot, unplugging the ethernet and leaving the console turned off for an hour. Only thing I didn't try is reinstalling because it's a massive file and if it's an issue server side, which really seems likely, reinstalling won't help any.  

Disappointing since I really only just started playing in the last week or so and I was really enjoying it.

Message 8 of 32 (44,621 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Attempted to connect by pressing the button. I lost count of the attempts after 20. Cannot get in by just clicking the connect button.

Message 9 of 32 (44,483 Views)

★ Pro

Update for everyone on this case by EA:

https://twitter.com/EAHelp/status/1380224168986349570

Message 10 of 32 (43,805 Views)