Unable to connect to EA Servers to active DAI - Epic Games

by gerg5099

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to connect to EA Servers to active DAI - Epic Games

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I got DAI on Epic Games for free about a month ago and decided to download it because I had time for it. I tried to launch it today and got met with "We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate Dragon Age: Inquisition- Game of the Year Edition on this computer using your account." I have repaired the game, the origin app and reinstalled DAI and nothing has changed. My other EA games work and Star-Wars Battlefront 2 works which I also got from Epic Games.

Message 1 of 6 (470 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Won't launch

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @gerg5099, What is the EA ID and Epic ID you are currently using?

Also to check have you recently unlinked either? 

If not would it be possible to try some of the steps shared in the thread over here? 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (273 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @gerg5099 

Checking first do you have Epic and the EA app clients installed? If so does DAI appear in the EA app after you installed it via Epic games?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (401 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes, it appears on both Epic and EA.

Message 3 of 6 (393 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @gerg5099 

We might be having an issue reaching EA servers to activate the game, can we try the following?

1. Try running the client and game as an admin
  2. Clear EA App's Cache (Top Left Menu > Help > App Recovery
  3. Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  4. Check for other applications that may be limiting EA App or Game performance
  5. Run the System File Checker tool, then Check for Windows and GPU updates  

Thanks!

Illium.png

Message 4 of 6 (353 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I followed the instructions and checked everything and I still get met with "We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate Dragon Age: Inquisition- Game of the Year Edition on this computer using your account."

Message 5 of 6 (318 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @gerg5099, What is the EA ID and Epic ID you are currently using?

Also to check have you recently unlinked either? 

If not would it be possible to try some of the steps shared in the thread over here? 

Illium.png

Message 6 of 6 (274 Views)