[UPDATE] DA:I Multiplayer Friend Invites Not Working Since August 2023 on EA app

by Matullon

Original Post

Re: [AWARE] DA:I Multiplayer Friend Invites Not Working Since August 2023 on EA

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Shepard I’ve noticed that it also happens with random people sometimes. However, when I join a group that is already in the match, the game works well. And when I finished the dungeon with them, we can start anew and then the issue doesn’t occur. All with VPN. 

But despite this, the problem still remains.

There is also another issue. Whenever I search in Random, and Routine being the difficulty, an error occurs. This happens with and without VPN. The same error also occurs in the Tevinter Ruins, sometimes.

I've also mentioned the other problems on the lower section of page 4.

Here is another issue that happened to me earlier. When I was incapacitated, the party were unable to resurrect me. And when we reached the next checkpoint, my body has been resurrected by the checkpoint but I was still in control of my spirit and less my body... So I had to abandon the mission since I was stuck.

Message 41 of 58 (832 Views)

Community Manager

@Furblis I checked up on this, and the DAI issue initially was resolved. The cross-region was not. That portion is something that is being reviewed and worked on. I am not seeing when that goes out to be fixed though. If a VPN does work, at the moment that may be the only way that allows players to team up at the moment.

I am keeping an eye on all of this now so when there is an update, we will post it here.

That is terrible! That has happened to me before. That is one of those harder ones because you cannot do much. This MP is so limited, there isn't much of a fix for that one. I've worked with a lot of online mp games and issues like that sadly from a dev side would have to be fixed for the entire game. 

I am passing along all the info though, so someone might have insight into that one, but that will be a loss you have to take just from experience.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 42 of 58 (770 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Shepard I see. I truly hope that MP would be fixed because it's fun and people are still playing it. It has great potential too. And it would be great if Inquisition and future DA games wouldn't be region locked so that we can play the games freely with our friends abroad with or without VPN.

Here is another thing that happened to me in a match that I had created in the Elven Ruins. Of course, I opened and then waited for someone enter and then someone did. But after we reached the part where you have to carry the torch, I instantly died the moment I opened door and my body was stuck BEHIND the door that leads to the next area... Right now, what I can do is wait for someone to enter my game, or I have to enter another one that is in progress.

Message 43 of 58 (765 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Shepard Another issue is that even when my friend is not invited and has searched my match and entered the game whilst I was in it, he and I both got the error. With and without the VPN.

Message 44 of 58 (731 Views)

Community Manager

@Furblis I have not seen anything like this in a while. Ive tried to test it with mock runs but cannot. I am hoping the team can or see what happened. I have noted it down. I have filed it as a bug. Cannot say what will happen but at least it has been filed.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 45 of 58 (723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Shepard Ok thank you again. Standard smile

Will be keeping an eye on updates.

But do you think it might also have to do with the EA app?

Message 46 of 58 (710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Shepard I forgot to mention that whenever I'm using the VPN and set it to my friend's country, and try to enter their match whilst they're in the game, it always creates a match for me instead. Or I receive an error.

Message 47 of 58 (696 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Shepard Good news!

I told my friend to use VPN and we both set it to the UK and have joined his match in the game. The game works albeit laggy a little bit. Still, this is a solution to the problem at least! One has to make sure to join a party in progress or get invited by their friend who are already in the game! But still hoping for an update soon!

EDIT: I was in a match with three people and at the end of it, we killed every single enemy but were stuck and did not get the rewards sadly. Then the host migrated the server/match with just them and myself. Also the VPN thing doesn't always work. I have invited another friend without the VPN whilst in the dungeon and then they appeared. Also in Random matches, every time I try to enter someone's game, I get an error. With or without the VPN.

There is also the issue of dying. Sometimes I instantly die once or twice and then turn into a spirit after dying without being revived.

Message 48 of 58 (684 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi i got the same problem, i can't join multiplayer lobby and my friend can't join my multiplayer lobby too. Both of us got the warn box says that we got lost connection to the session. Yesterday it was fine but right now me and my friends have the same problem. Any idea how to fix it?

Message 49 of 58 (462 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have a problem, when I enter a session with a friend I get a connection error message, this is in a private session, now when I enter his public session, he is disconnected from the room and I enter in his place, as me Could you resolve this error?

Message 50 of 58 (368 Views)