[UPDATE] DA:I Multiplayer Friend Invites Not Working Since August 2023 on EA app

by Matullon

Original Post

Re: [AWARE] DA:I Multiplayer Friend Invites Not Working Since August 2023 on EA

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Shepard I see. Is the multiplayer region locked on PC too? Because I also have it on PC

Message 31 of 58 (576 Views)

Community Manager

@Furblis Generally on PC no. Most "region lock" is console-based. Rarely is that ever a PC problem. If you are running into an issue on a PC, that would be a different issue. That can be a longer list of issues besides what region everyone is in. There not going to be simple steps that fix that because there isn't really a way to tell what specifically is causing it. The friend invites issue in general was resolved and tested, so if there is an issue on the PC that is not working, it's a different cause than the original issue.

At that point, you have to start going down the list.

Who's using VPN

Are you friends on that platform?

Is your profile or their profile public or private?

IS someone being blocked?

Have you deleted and re-added that person back?

There are honestly too many reasons to list but that is the basics of it. It's going to be about finding that one reason why it is being blocked.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 32 of 58 (569 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Shepard! I've tried the game with another friend of mine who is from another country. At first it didn't work and I got the same error message from before. But thanks to Nord VPN, I set it to his country and then we were paired up in the game!

I really appreciate you taking the time to help and reply to me! Thank you, truly!

Cheers!

Message 33 of 58 (672 Views)

Community Manager

@Furblis Right on! so a VPN worked which means it is something network related. I am glad you were able to get paired up with them!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 34 of 58 (666 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Shepard I will test it with my other friend who's from the US today! Standard smile

Message 35 of 58 (632 Views)

Community Manager

@Furblis They did some backend updates to the game very early this morning. This should help with a bunch of different issues with the MP portion of the game.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 36 of 58 (601 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Wonderful! That is great news! :D

Message 37 of 58 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Shepard I just joined her match and the screen was all black sadly. And for her, I was standing still. I'm also using a VPN...

Then I used it with and without the VPN but it kept happening... Is there no fix for this??? But what's interesting is that the game works fine when they leave...

This happens everytime someone invites me, or I invite them. The intro of the dungeon has no narrator when they're in the game, but when they're not in the game, the narrator speaks. 

When I invite someone, the narrator is speaking from my end, but not theirs, and then other player's game will freeze but not mine

Message 38 of 58 (573 Views)

Community Manager

@Furblis I've reached out to the team on this one. I sent them the threads and images. Once they provide me an update or need info, I will let everyone know.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 39 of 58 (546 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Shepard Another issue is that when I use VPN and invite the person to my match, they receive nothing. But they can however invite me whether I have the VPN on or not. I also noticed that the invite only works when the VPN is set to the other person's country. 

Also, regarding my previous post. This is what happens when the game begins and no narration in the intro. The characters stand without their weapons drawn. However, this occurs when the person is invited, and does not happen to the host. Also the screen blackens. However, you can still hear the sounds and noises from the game, despite being frozen. 

Also, even by using VPN, and find each other with Quick Match, one of us gets disconnected when we enter the same room.

But to be precise, this has happened to us on PC.

Message 40 of 58 (529 Views)