[UPDATE] DA:I Multiplayer Friend Invites Not Working Since August 2023 on EA app

by Matullon

Original Post

I cannot get my friend to join and niether can he in multiplayer

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, When my friend SludgeMcNuggets and myself, DeviousDaz purchased and started this game through a steam sale about a week ago we had no problems joining a game together. After a couple of days my friends invites failed to work. I then tried and created the lobby and after a couple more days, my invites fail to work.

Can we get someone to rectify this as soon as possible please? 

Thank you as this doesn't bode well for having any interest in your next release, Dreadwolf.

Cheers

Message 11 of 58 (916 Views)

Re: [AWARE] DA:I Multiplayer Friend Invites Not Working Since August 2023 on EA

★★★★★ Newbie

I just also placed a request into this chat regarding not being able to play mutiplayer on DAI. I see from this reply it was 3 weeks ago. Has any resolution or fix been found to alleviate this problem. I have also paid extra money for "premium" credits and now they are worthless if mutiplayer doesn't work. If there is no fix, may I be refunded the cost of my "premium" purchase?

Thank you and kind regards.

DeviousDaz

Message 12 of 58 (867 Views)

Community Manager

@DeviousDaz They are going to update MP for DAI and ME3. No invites should not stop players from playing it in general. There is not an ETA when this will be pushed out that I can see.

As for any refunds, if it was through the EA app, it would go through live support. If this was on console, or through another platform, I.E. Steam, Epic, etc, you would need to reach out to their support as we cannot refund those purchases.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 13 of 58 (860 Views)

Re: I cannot get my friend to join and niether can he in multiplayer

Community Manager
Hi @DeviousDaz, What message do you get when the invites fail?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 14 of 58 (872 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I do not get any message at all, I send the invite and my colleague, SludgeMcNuggets, doesn't receive it. It worked fine for about 3 days when he hosted the game and then suddenly, I couldn't get his invite. So then I sent him invites and that worked for about another 3 days and now he doesn't receive my invites. It does say that the invite is sent in a small box in the bottom right of the screen but he insists that he is not getting it. Very frustrating as we both bought it to play with each other. I have read the posts and read that some people actually get an error notification but that is not the case here. We simply don't get the invite. Neither he nor I. As I said it worked fine for about 3 days for him hosting then failed and worked fine for me for about three days and then failed. Apparently when he sends an invite he does not get the small box saying that the invite has been sent. Please please please fix this as I spent money on "premium" but is now useless as I cannot play multiplayer at all. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and I hope for a favourable outcome as soon as possible. I do continue to pay alone in the campaign and am enjoying that but would really like to continue this journey with my friend in multiplayer.

Cheers

Darren

Message 15 of 58 (863 Views)

★★★ Newbie

A friend and  I are trying to play together and when we join each other we get stuck in a permanent "Downloading data. Please wait..." and lose connection to the lobby immediately after. What are people doing that they just broke stuff like this and no fixes occur for months? Nearly may now

Message 16 of 58 (677 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi I’m trying to play multiplayer with my friend but every time we invite each other we get this error message. How to solve this? 

Message 17 of 58 (603 Views)

Invite error in Inquisition Multiplayer

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi I’m trying to play multiplayer with my friend but every time we invite each other we get this error message. How to solve it? We both play on the 
PS5. 

cheers. 

Message 18 of 58 (605 Views)

Re: Invite error in Inquisition Multiplayer

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Now I’m having this problem when I enter my friend’s match from the PS home!

is there no solution to it yet?? Are the servers neglected or still getting fixed?? We also have downloaded every DLC’s for the game and yet still it doesn’t work!

Message 19 of 58 (551 Views)

Community Manager

@Furblis That is a generic error which could honestly be a list of reasons. There isn't going to be a one-step fix for it. As of this afternoon, is the error still happening?

Does the same or different error happen when you join a party before joining a match?

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 20 of 58 (567 Views)