[Steam] Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Missing DLCs

by wooz562

Original Post

[Steam] Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Missing DLCs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I accidentally purchased a second copy of DAI GOTY on steam and now all of my saves says it's missing dlcs. On top of that, I created a new save and none of the DLCs are showing even though steam shows that all DLCs are downloaded and installed. I tried reinstalling the game, the DLCs, removing both copies from my steam account and re-adding them. Nothing is working and I can't do anything within the EA Play app itself. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5 (281 Views)

Re: [Steam] Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Missing DLCs

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@wooz562 Are both copies of the game showing up in your Steam library?

This happens a lot with games because the GOTY edition and any other edition are technically different versions with different entitlements. That is why when you see a game you own it could say purchase and not owned. 

With save files, it is the same. What is happening is the save is being loaded into a version that doesn't own it vs the edition that does.

When you log into Steam and you download the GOTY edition, can you attach a screenshot of what the error is?

In the EA app, it should show you have it installed and under manage add ons it may show all that are installed. We need to see which DLC is giving that error.

The Game of the Year edition comes with:

• Base game
  • Flames of the Inquisition Arsenal, Armor, and Armored Mount
  • Dragon Age multiplayer Deluxe Edition chests
  • Skyhold Throne, Red Hart Halla and Bog Unicorn
  • Jaws of Hakkon DLC Pack
  • The Descent DLC Pack
  • Trespasser DLC Pack
  • Spoils of the Avvar: 5 new mounts, 2 new sets of armor, and new options to personalize your base at Skyhold.
  • Spoils of the Qunari: An armored war mount, new armor sets — including 1 in the style of the Arishok — and Skyhold items.

I am testing out the GOTY edition on Steam right now.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 5 (234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@wooz562 Fix for this was discovered by the community years ago. There is no official fix from EA and there probably never will be. Fix linked below. If link is deleted just search Nexus Mods for ProfileOptions.

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/3779

Message 3 of 5 (153 Views)

Community Manager

@dhansell wrote:

@wooz562 Fix for this was discovered by the community years ago. There is no official fix from EA and there probably never will be. Fix linked below. If link is deleted just search Nexus Mods for ProfileOptions.

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/3779

Thanks for the link! This one should help a lot of players!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 5 (93 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It helps, but I was able to play the game normally not long ago, and now I can't. I can't access the Keep, so I can't use my Golden Nug to reaquire ALL my.... everything. Any idea how to do that?

Message 5 of 5 (17 Views)