Cant launch DAI (An update is required to launch this game)

by TheJascko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cant launch DAI (An update is required to launch this game)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

As of today, I cant launch DAI. Every time I try I get a pop up saying "an update is required to launch this game". There is no update. I've tried the following:

• reinstalling the EA app
  • reinstalling DAI
  • repairing DAI
  • clearing EA app cache
  • rebooting PC
  • updating windows
  • updating drivers

Nothing works and I'm at my wits end. 

CM: Attachments removed to clean things up to align with the AHQ rules 

Message 1 of 8 (403 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cant launch DAI (An update is required to launch this game)

★★ Novice

My system time was synced, however, after setting my computer's clock back to several days a go, it worked. This is such a bizarre bug. What could have caused this? Corrupted save files? I can play perfectly fine now, but only if my PC clock is set days behind.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (244 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I was playing up until 20 minutes ago and i had the same thing happen to me..... strange....

Message 2 of 8 (371 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So little note on that last post I found that my date and time were not correct! Fixing this got rid of my issue ! Hopefully this is your problem as well!

Message 3 of 8 (364 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried everything... I am facing this problem for more than a week.

Message 4 of 8 (337 Views)

@surenknightmech 

Did you double-checked your system time?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Isaac Asimov
Message 5 of 8 (292 Views)

★★ Novice

My system time was synced, however, after setting my computer's clock back to several days a go, it worked. This is such a bizarre bug. What could have caused this? Corrupted save files? I can play perfectly fine now, but only if my PC clock is set days behind.

Message 6 of 8 (245 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That is literally the only thing that got my game to play again! I couldn't get the EA app to uninstall and I tried repairing my game and the app itself....Cleared the cache and restarted my game MULTIPLE TIMES. So frustrating and so bizarre that this even happened. I was playing the game just fine yesterday with my time synced and everything.

Message 7 of 8 (181 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The resetting the clock solution doesn't work for me. Fairly certain the issue is that the EA app is bugged in some way that interacts weirdly with other systems. Opening a case did nothing as no one ever responded or joined the chat. Would really appreciate a way to play games I purchased before Origin or the EA app existed without using either app.

Message 8 of 8 (95 Views)