ploho_17

No Longer a Noob
Aug 17, 2009
I can see why some people don't like season 2, but it's absolutely necessary to fully appreciate the greatness of season 3, which is probably the greatest single season in television history. I feel sorry for anyone who quit on the show before getting that far.

frogskinshoelace

No Longer a Noob
Jul 30, 2011
Wire fans are such fanboys. Most are afraid to admit their favorite thing might be flawed. Anyone who thinks it is, has no patience or isnt smart enough to get it in their eyes.

calturk

You seem unhappy. I like that.
Feb 25, 2012
San DiFrangeles, California
Though I really don't like how Lost's last few seasons went, I think it'd only be right to do one for it.

MiB: kobe_da_best
- Their introduction changed everything. Some would argue for the better, most would say the worse. Pure, demented, and power-hungry.
I got the pilot that dies in the first episode!

kato198

No Longer a Noob
Dec 3, 2004
Ppl hate on season 2 because it is such a drastic change from the grizzly Street life/drug war scene. It introduces you to an all white cast and new environment. The writers did this so it wouldn't get monotonous.

The ppl who stayed th course and made it through season 2 to the later season got to understand and see how integral season 2 was to the overall series and the drug game overall.

So ppl who say that season 2 suck obviously lack the patience and understanding of the writer's true vision.

This. Not to mention this is a story about BALTIMORE (which is a microcosm of America itself), not just cops and drug dealers.

Season 2 is probably the most "important" season, in the sense that it is essentially a depiction of the downfall of blue collar workers at the will of the bullshit beaurocracy that goes into simple projects that would enhance the city and make things easier. Thus, just to get things done, the workers turn to illegal means, bribery, and moral ambiguity. Then, when finally caught, the guys just trying to help his workers and increase the output of the city (in turn helping the economy) gets put in jail along with his workers, instead of the guy orchestrating the whole thing and ruining the city. Instead, he walks away scot free, even helping to build the condos which ensures Sobotka's granary pier wouldn't get built, his hands completely clean from the whole mess. It's an incredible story that also speaks to all of America currently.

If you don't like season 2, you're a moron. Just saying.

MJPeezy2.0

Almost Not a Noob
May 17, 2012
I know I am absolutely in the minority here, but my favorite season of The Wire was season 2. I didn't see the show until it was already off the air, so once I finally made it all the way to the end I was shocked to look online and see that most people viewed Season 2 in a negative light. I swear that was my favorite season.

DaChampizhere

Thinkin of a master plan
May 28, 2006
Initially, I hated season 2 as well, but once I finished the whole series and watched it again, I appreciated its greatness.

I'd rank them:

Season 4
Season 3

^^The two greatest seasons of any show

Season 1
Season 2

^^Groundbreaking and emotional

Season 5

^^Not on par with the other seasons, but had flashes of brilliance.

pepsi.addict

No Longer a Noob
May 1, 2005
Whatever? i guess i'll grit my teeth through season 2 just too see the great seasons 3 and 4 to enjoy the series

MJPeezy2.0

Almost Not a Noob
May 17, 2012
this board won't be complete until the sopranos version is made. so many characters too.

Eh, that show was amazing for two seasons only. Season 3 was pure schlock and every season onwards was - for a lack of a better term - hot garbage.

But dem first two seasons. Wow.

bronjames1230

Teach me how to Jimmer.
Jun 18, 2007
your girl's crib
this board won't be complete until the sopranos version is made. so many characters too.

Eh, that show was amazing for two seasons only. Season 3 was pure schlock and every season onwards was - for a lack of a better term - hot garbage.

I've enjoyed every season so far. Currently starting the last season.

I guess I'm the only fan of the show

lipiti

Super Star
Oct 3, 2005

make it.

bronjames1230

Teach me how to Jimmer.
Jun 18, 2007
your girl's crib

MJPeezy2.0

Almost Not a Noob
May 17, 2012

I've been a fan since the first day it aired. Granted I was only in high school and I was a lot younger than but I was a watcher from Day 1. The first two seasons are both amazing, amazing television. I have not a bad thing to say about either one. I don't know if they hired new writers or if there just wasn't any blueprint planned beyond the first two seasons, but there was a clear lack of focus starting with Season 3. Season 4 on was just... good god. That show coasted purely on reputation towards the end.

lipiti

Super Star
Oct 3, 2005
favorite wire characters:
1.deangelo
2.ziggy
3.mcnulty
4.omar
5.avon
6.michael
7.stringer
8.cutty