Status
Not open for further replies.

RobGrizzly

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 14, 2008
These directors seem more like a wish list. What self-respecting filmmaker would want to touch Wolvie 2?
I still can't believe a sequel was greenlit. Next to Daredevil and the first Hulk, this is one of the most universally hated comic book movies that I've ever seen.

Dec 10, 2009
Timur Bekmambetov would be the best option for Wolverine out of the 4 while he's the most Talented and he does this Genre well.

D-Bane12

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 4, 2010
Matt Reeves should be the director, Cloverfield is a bad-ass movie. They should make Jackie Chan play Shingen Yashida if they are going to use the character.

May 14, 2010
cloverfield, SUCKED. ive never seen man on fire but t cant possibly be worse then cloverfield. the trailer for cloverfield was cool. but thats it.

Aug 31, 2009
@jamesgatto: Dude, that's the only thing that can fix this movie.

The only thing right about this series is the fact that they casted Hugh Grant as Logan. It's good that they go to Japan, but that definitely warrants an R rating. I just wish they were accurate--the source material is good so I see little need to deviate except to make the stories fit into the length of the movies.

M

Motorrizer95

Original poster
Personally I'm a bit more optimistic. X3 was a disappointment, Wolverine was even worse. But I say lets see Wolverine 2 (being written and directed by entirely different people than the first) and First Class before making any final judgements with the current X-Men series. I still think Singer's two films were great and if you can make people forget about the llast two movies, then you've fixed the problem.

May 11, 2010
I sometimes just dont get people , wolverine origins was WAY better than any of the other xmen movies , granted maybe its not a masterpiece but cmon, the scene at the beginning when they are battling through time awesome, motorcycle chase, gambit,wade wilson stopping bullets with katanas, a lot of cameos , i just dont know from where people think that it sucked, you know WHAT sucked? IRON MAN 2 sucked so much I think I dont want to watch Robert Downey Jr ever again on film

bfgator

Noob
Mar 26, 2009
If X2 had never been made no one would have complained about either X3 or Wolverine Origins. They weren't that bad. It could have been alot worse, think Batman & Robin, Superman IV, Punisher War Zone.

Jan 22, 2008
hugh jackman is awesome but the wolverine movie was terrible, if they were to reboot it, the movie is nothing compared to the comic book, the comic is brutal and dark, and did we see that in that movie...umm no so...why make another????

HeroFace

Noob
Nov 25, 2009
I too liked wolverine, this is the first negative thing I've heard about it.

Also to not that I don't personally know ANYONE with a bad thing to say about the film other than the fact that they did deadpool wrong, but then what's wrong with making a character MORE powerful??

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
@ HeroFace

There's many reasons why Wolverine sucked. Deadpool was absolutely nothing like his comic counterpart, besides the name. They didn't make him "more powerful", they ruined his image. He's a mercenary that breaks the fourth wall, not a laser-shooting experiment with a zipped mouth. They didn't even get the costume half right.

And have you been reading the comments. There's many more reasons. The script was bad, the special effects were sloppy, and characters popped up out of nowhere and got only a few minutes of screen time with little explanation. Blob came out, got beat by Wolverine, then disappeared from the entire movie. He might as well have been a generic boxer.

CmCX35

Noob
Jul 14, 2010
The first was decent but there was so much that lacked. Deadpool was nothing like comic Deadpool and the other superheroes that were in the movie (Will.I.am) got killed way too fast as if they weren't even superheroes. If you ask me, the only thing I really liked about this movie was the fact that it was an origin to his life but I don't think it calls for a sequel. That would be pretty hard to find something that happened almost months before the actual X-Men movie took place. But in my opinion, Peter Jackson should do it.

Rhodon

Noob
Mar 12, 2010
I liked the original plan of having a bunch of X-Men Origins Movies. X-Men-Orgins Wolverine was to be the first, then X-Men Origins: Magneto (Now Delayed due to Wolverine 2) and then rumors were of a X-Men Origins Cyclops. Whatever happened to that?

Rhodon

Noob
Mar 12, 2010
I liked the original plan of having a bunch of X-Men Origins Movies. X-Men-Orgins Wolverine was to be the first, then X-Men Origins: Magneto (Now Delayed due to Wolverine 2) and then rumors were of a X-Men Origins Cyclops. Whatever happened to that?

DKRider93

Noob
Jan 23, 2010
@ Rhodon:

I don't know about the Cyclops movie but the Magneto one has been scrapped altogether because his origin is going to be told in X-Men: First Class.

Status
Not open for further replies.