JMX_2005

Noob
Jun 7, 2006
I'm going with 5. there was never a story in a video game that made me feel actual feelings. i almost cried at the end of the fly by mission.

Aaricane

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 24, 2009
JMX_2005 said:
I'm going with 5. there was never a story in a video game that made me feel actual feelings. i almost cried at the end of the fly by mission.
Gameplay/story wise, Ace 5 takes the cake, however, it does not come close to beating the epic Ace 4 because that was teh game that got me into the serious!

Aaricane

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 24, 2009
Aaricane said:
JMX_2005 said:
Gameplay/story wise, Ace 5 takes the cake, however, it does not come close to beating the epic Ace 4 because that was teh game that got me into the serious!
Wow, i think i was drunk when i wrote this...

JMX_2005

Noob
Jun 7, 2006
Aaricane said:
Aaricane said:
JMX_2005 said:
Wow, i think i was drunk when i wrote this...
LMAO! but its still pretty true

Oct 15, 2008
JMX_2005 said:
I'm going with 5. there was never a story in a video game that made me feel actual feelings.

I loved the story plot, having three wingmen (Edge was my favorite) and a huge aircraft selection list. If I still had my PS2 I would still be playing it.

Jun 19, 2011
I like 4. Shattered Skys(?) The Belken War is great too.
Have you tried other?
I do think I like Heet Seeker better but it's pretty good.
I don't like the stories and I try to skip through the blah, blah to get to the action.

How about the Xbox360 versions? Are they different?
I don't have an Xbx360 or a PS3 but plan on buying a PS3 when the new AC is available.

Cygnus_X-1

Noob
Jul 6, 2007
I think Ace Combat 5 is by far the best. It had the best story, best music, and the best aircraft selection. If they re-made the Ace Combat games from the PS2 for the 360 like they're doing to the Metal Gear Solid franchise, I would buy them in a heartbeat.

Dec 22, 2004
Cygnus_X-1 said:
I think Ace Combat 5 is by far the best. It had the best story, best music, and the best aircraft selection. If they re-made the Ace Combat games from the PS2 for the 360 like they're doing to the Metal Gear Solid franchise, I would buy them in a heartbeat.

Ditto, AC5 needs to be put on Games on Demand ASAP. I miss that game. AC0 and AC6 didn't hold a candle to it and left a pretty sour taste in my mouth. Let's hope Assault Horizon's rectifies this.

Talons82

Noob
Mar 7, 2011
JMX_2005 said:

I agree plus out of all of the ace combat games 5 offered the most in fighter selection and the FALKEN.

docSpock

Super User
May 17, 2012
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Really? I thought AC5 was pretty poor in comparison to AC4, but I haven't played either in years. I'll have to see if I can dig up my old discs...

May 8, 2015
AC5 definitely. I haven't played any of the older versions (4 and earlier.) But after 5 they kinda went downhill. Speaking of five, I am still playing it and having difficulty getting the falken. Can anyone help me figure out how to make it available?