MatthewGavin10

No Longer a Noob
Jan 16, 2015
PA
Here is my update after the Sony and Microsoft Showcases. I am sure this list will change after the Nintendo Direct.

1. Gears of War: E-Day
  2. DOOM: The Dark Ages
  3. Astro Bot
  4. Clair Obscur: Expedition 33
  5. Perfect Dark
  6. South of Midnight
  7. Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn
  8. Avowed
  9. Indiana Jones and the Great Circle
  10. The Plucky Squire

gencid

Termina Moon Society
Sep 10, 2000
Clock Tower
Here is my update after the Sony and Microsoft Showcases. I am sure this list will change after the Nintendo Direct.

1. Gears of War: E-Day
  3. Astro Bot
  4. Clair Obscur: Expedition 33
  5. Perfect Dark
  6. South of Midnight
  7. Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn
  8. Avowed
  9. Indiana Jones and the Great Circle
  10. The Plucky Squire
Good list. I love how Xbox studios are making most of your games list. Time for my updates.

10. StarWars: Outlaws - Down 9
While the community manager of this game is a white male hating activist, I hope the game is a great "comfort food" 3rd person action adventure with zero BS in it. I will believe it when I see it though.

09. Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn - NEW
The game looks really good and coming from Ashen developers cements its place on my "Top 10 upcoming games that I am most looking forward to" list. However the main character looking like a trans man is making me question where A44 developer priorities are.

08. Clockwork Revolution - Down 4
This was the biggest reveal of 2023 IMO and I look forward to an undoubtedly amazing game coming soon on a console near me.

07. No Rest for the Wicked - Down 2
This game looked great when it was unveiled and fits the AA label incredibly well. Some of the most exciting new games come from modest budget developers and Ori games have proven that Moon Studios knows how to make good games.

06. Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater - Up 2
The new trailer made me think the remake was further along than I expected and that makes me very happy. Here's hoping Konami gives it all the time that it needs in the oven to make the remake a worthy release whenever it comes out.

05. Judas - Down 2
It is hard to get excited about a game that is years away, but I have enough confidence in Ken Levine to know that this game will be absolutely amazing once it comes out.

04. Indiana Jones & The Great Circle - Down 2
The new trailer made this game look as good as any Uncharted game, at least until the first person game play brings me back to reality and reminds me how much better this game would be in 3rd person. I am wary of political activism in this game and I hope the rainbow shirt wearing narrative designer in charge of story direction is not allowed to insert himself in the game. This is about Indiana Jones, not about who Edward Curtis-Sivess likes to sleep with.

03. Doom: The Dark Ages - NEW
This is the best that a new Doom game has looked, though I am wary of the more open environments shown in the trailer. I hope the game will continue to be an adrenaline rush with little to zero filler.

02. Gears of War: E-Day - NEW
While brand new IPs like Expedition 33 are more thrilling than the same old, the same old has a tried and true formula which I know will deliver.

01. Clair Obscur: Expedition 33 - NEW
Turn based combat in an intriguing looking RPG that came out of nowhere. I love the concept which is clearly inspired by From Software games. I just hope that the game delivers as well.

Last edited:

Dante-

Mod Trigger
★ MOD
Mar 25, 2009
Red Grave City
For years I had Metroid Prime 4 listed as my most anticipated game in these threads but then we made the rule that gameplay had to be shown so I stopped listing it. Well today gameplay was shown so back on my list at #1 it goes!

Metroid is my favourite franchise and this is easily one of my most anticipated games of all-time.

1. Metroid Prime 4: Beyond
3. Death Stranding 2
4. Hades II
5. Monster Hunter Wilds
6. The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom
7. Pragmata
8. Clair Obscur: Expedition 33
9. Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess
10. South of Midnight

Honorable Mentions:

Astro Bot
Black Myth: Wukong
Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
Star Wars Outlaws
Perfect Dark
Garou: City of the Wolves
Phantom Blade Zero
Fable
Wuchang: Fallen Feathers

Last edited:

MatthewGavin10

No Longer a Noob
Jan 16, 2015
PA
  1. Metroid Prime 4: Beyond
  2. Gears of War: E-Day
  3. Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom
  4. Astro Bot
  5. DOOM: The Dark Ages
  6. Perfect Dark
  7. Dragon Quest III Remake
  8. Clair Obscur: Expedition 33
  9. Mario and Luigi: Brotherhood
  10. South of Midnight
This list could actually be longer. There were so many really good games announced or showed during the Microsoft Showcase and the Nintendo Direct.

gencid

Termina Moon Society
Sep 10, 2000
Clock Tower
Now that the Nintendo Direct is over, it's time to update my Top 10 list accordingly. Metroid Prime 4 and Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom make their first debut in my Top 10 list, but how does everything else shape up? Let's take a look.

Starwars: Outlaws and Flintlock get booted out of the list. Of course with their not so hidden agenda and ideology they wouldn't last that long on my Top 10 list regardless. Indiana Jones right now has a big red flag for me due to the same ideology and I hope I am not going to get preached at by this game. But for now I am not pulling the rope on it yet. Lego Horizon would have been part of this list if it wasn't for the fact that I have yet to finish the main games and I don't want to spoil the story with the Lego game. So it didn't make it to the Top 10 list.

10. Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater - Down 3
The remake looks great, but this is a known quantity and it's my least favorite of the first 4 games. I will definitely play it, but I am not as hyped as I was a couple of weeks ago.

metal-gear-solid-delta-snake-eater-other-metal-gear-solid-remakes-kojima-konami.jpg

09. Clockwork Revolution - Down 1
I am sure this game will go back to the top of my list as it gets closer to release, but for now the hype is higher on other titles.

115594-5.jpg

08. No Rest for the Wicked - Down 1
I am sure this will be an enjoyable game and my hype level hasn't changed. This game had to move down to make room for the new entries.

gnSW2HrspSJ22reXmVz5tJ-1200-80.jpg

07. Indiana Jones & The Great Circle - Down 3
The new trailer reminded me of how much better this game would be in 3rd person. Surely Machine Games could have pushed themselves to work on a 3rd person perspective. Guerrilla Games went from First Person to Third Person flawlessly. So could Machine Games if they actually pushed themselves to make better games instead of virtue signaling to Blackrock funding.

indiana-jones2.jpg

06. Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom - NEW
This game came out of nowhere and it seems to continue breaking the Legend of Zelda franchise conventions not just by playing as Zelda, which is OK, though I never cared about playing as her like some people did, but by substantially changing the core franchise mechanics to unproven concepts. I am sure the game will be good just as I am also sure that I'd rather have a traditional Zelda game or Oracle Remakes with this art style.

legend-of-zelda.jpg

05. Judas - No Change
Even with a new list shuffle, Judas sees itself unfazed by new entries due to how much I like and want a new Bioshock game. In Ken Levine I trust.

judas-blogroll-1670549121970.jpg

04. Doom: The Dark Ages -
Down 1

As we're getting to the higher eschelons of the upcoming games that I am excited about, Doom: The Dark Ages stays steady at number 4, making room for a new number 1 game that you may have all guessed by now.

4316764-doomthedarkages.jpg

03. Gears of War: E-Day -
Down 1

A new Gears of War that echoes the original trilogy should be comfort food for longtime fans of the series, though I much wanted a conclusion to Kait's story with Gears 6 before E-Day. I almost believe that the new Coalition wanted to remake the first game, but then settled on a prequel to make it feel fresh and add things on their own. At least the return to a linear adrenaline infused gameplay design is something to be commended.

gearsofwar1.jpg

02. Clair Obscur: Expedition 33 -
Down 1

I am definitely looking forward to this game a lot since it seems to appeal a lot to my gaming sensitivities, however fandom takes over with the new #1 game on my Top 10 most wanted games list, so Expedition 33 had to step down this week.

E33-Hero-6dd18b4b4a20932fb140-1024x576.jpg

01. Metroid Prime 4: Beyond - NEW
This is the game that made me buy a Switch at a time that I thought I was done with Nintendo even after the impressive Breath of the Wild which I played on the WiiU instead of the Switch and it is finally here, looking pretty much like a Wii HD game. Yes, this seems more of the same and I hope Nintendo is not showing their hand on purpose. I do not want safe low-hanging sequels like Metroid Prime 3. I want bold and unique ideas like Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and I hope this is more in line with MP2 than it is with MP3, though this may not be the case unfortunately. At any rate, I am very excited to play this game and it will be a fitting Switch swan song for me. I also don't expect it to be cross-gen like everyone thinks it is, because Metroid: Samus Returns remained on the 3DS even though the Switch was already out and selling like gangbusters. We will see what happens next year when this game is out, but for now, I have a new Top 1 most wanted game in my list.

metroid-prime-4-beyond-announcement-trailer-nintendo-switch-0-33-screenshot-1718722693568.png

Last edited:

MatthewGavin10

No Longer a Noob
Jan 16, 2015
PA
Now that the Nintendo Direct is over, it's time to update my Top 10 list accordingly. Metroid Prime 4 and Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom make their first debut in my Top 10 list, but how does everything else shape up? Let's take a look.

Starwars: Outlaws and Flintlock get booted out of the list. Of course with their not so hidden agenda and ideology they wouldn't last that long on my Top 10 list regardless. Indiana Jones right now has a big red flag for me due to the same ideology and I hope I am not going to get preached at by this game. But for now I am not pulling the rope on it yet. Lego Horizon would have been part of this list if it wasn't for the fact that I have yet to finish the main games and I don't want to spoil the story with the Lego game. So it didn't make it to the Top 10 list.

10. Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater - Down 3
The remake looks great, but this is a known quantity and it's my least favorite of the first 4 games. I will definitely play it, but I am not as hyped as I was a couple of weeks ago.

metal-gear-solid-delta-snake-eater-other-metal-gear-solid-remakes-kojima-konami.jpg

09. Clockwork Revolution - Down 1
I am sure this game will go back to the top of my list as it gets closer to release, but for now the hype is higher on other titles.

115594-5.jpg

08. No Rest for the Wicked - Down 1
I am sure this will be an enjoyable game and my hype level hasn't changed. This game had to move down to make room for the new entries.

gnSW2HrspSJ22reXmVz5tJ-1200-80.jpg

07. Indiana Jones & The Great Circle - Down 3
The new trailer reminded me of how much better this game would be in 3rd person. Surely Machine Games could have pushed themselves to work on a 3rd person perspective. Guerrilla Games went from First Person to Third Person flawlessly. So could Machine Games if they actually pushed themselves to make better games instead of virtue signaling to Blackrock funding.

indiana-jones2.jpg

06. Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom - NEW
This game came out of nowhere and it seems to continue breaking the Legend of Zelda franchise conventions not just by playing as Zelda, which is OK, though I never cared about playing as her like some people did, but by substantially changing the core franchise mechanics to unproven concepts. I am sure the game will be good just like I am also sure that I'd rather have a traditional Zelda game or Oracle Remakes with this art style.

legend-of-zelda.jpg

05. Judas - No Change
Even with a new list shuffle, Judas sees itself unfazed by new entries due to how much I like and want a new Bioshock game. In Ken Levine I trust.

judas-blogroll-1670549121970.jpg

04. Doom: The Dark Ages -
Down 1

As we're getting to the higher eschelons of the upcoming games that I am excited about, Doom: The Dark Ages stays steady at number 4, making room for a new number 1 game that you may have all guessed by now.

4316764-doomthedarkages.jpg

03. Gears of War: E-Day -
Down 1

A new Gears of War that echoes the original trilogy should be comfort food for longtime fans of the series, though I much wanted a conclusion to Kait's story with Gears 6 before E-Day. I almost believe that the new Coalition wanted to remake the first game, but then settled on a prequel to make it feel fresh and add things on their own. At least the return to a linear adrenaline infused gameplay design is something to be commended.

gearsofwar1.jpg

02. Clair Obscur: Expedition 33 -
Down 1

I am definitely looking forward to this game a lot since it seems to appeal a lot to my gaming sensitivities, however fandom takes over with the new #1 game on my Top 10 most wanted games list, so Expedition 33 had to step down this week.

E33-Hero-6dd18b4b4a20932fb140-1024x576.jpg

01. Metroid Prime 4: Beyond - NEW
This is the game that make me buy a Switch at a time that I thought I was done with Nintendo even after the impressive Breath of the Wild which I played on the WiiU instead of the Switch and it is finally here, looking pretty much like a Wii HD game. Yes, this seems more of the same and I hope Nintendo is not showing their hand on purpose. I do not want safe low-hanging sequels like Metroid Prime 3. I want bold and unique ideas like Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and I hope this is more in line with MP2 than it is with MP3, though this may not be the case unfortunately. At any rate, I am very excited to play this game and it will be a fitting Switch swan song for me. I also don't expect it to be cross-gen like everyone and their mother is because Metroid: Samus Returns remained on the 3DS even though the Switch was already out and selling like gangbusters. We will see what happens next year when this game is out, but for now, I have a new Top 1 most wanted game in my list.

metroid-prime-4-beyond-announcement-trailer-nintendo-switch-0-33-screenshot-1718722693568.png
I had Clockwork Revolution on my list when it was first announced, but since it is so far away I dropped it from my list.

I think No Rest for the Wicked will be a very good game. I am curious to see how much of a Souls type of game it is. I heard the combat is very Soulsy, which might not the best for me. I am not into dying 20+ times on bosses. I will read more as the game gets closer to its console release.

I have Flintlock downloaded on my Xbox, but it might get deleted. I need to read more about the developers and all of the stuff that is going on. I might try it since it is on Game Pass, but I would never buy the game.

I was never going to buy Outlaws.

gencid

Termina Moon Society
Sep 10, 2000
Clock Tower
I had Clockwork Revolution on my list when it was first announced, but since it is so far away I dropped it from my list.

I think No Rest for the Wicked will be a very good game. I am curious to see how much of a Souls type of game it is. I heard the combat is very Soulsy, which might not the best for me. I am not into dying 20+ times on bosses. I will read more as the game gets closer to its console release.

I have Flintlock downloaded on my Xbox, but it might get deleted. I need to read more about the developers and all of the stuff that is going on. I might try it since it is on Game Pass, but I would never buy the game.

I was never going to buy Outlaws.
I hope Flintlock and Star Wars Outlaws are great. I just feel that I should no longer remain quiet about politics ruining every entertainment media and if enough people push back, these publishers will hopefully get the memo. But yeah, if these weren't GamePass games I may have never invested in them, depending on how they turn out.