Tucker1011

CEO, Maple West
Mar 23, 2012
British Columbia
I don't feel bad, I'm not talking about the utes/trucks that you have over in North America. The once in Australia are built to go fast, not haul around a fat pig and your farm animals.
First: I'm not American. Second: Why would I want a fast truck-car (ie. UTE) if I'm not hauling anything. Wouldn't I much rather an aerodynamic car or otherwise?

Deadpool91

Noob
Sep 16, 2012
Western Australia
I don't feel bad, I'm not talking about the utes/trucks that you have over in North America. The once in Australia are built to go fast, not haul around a fat pig and your farm animals.
First: I'm not American. Second: Why would I want a fast truck-car (ie. UTE) if I'm not hauling anything. Wouldn't I much rather an aerodynamic car or otherwise?

Your location is from British Columbia, that means you live in North America.

FPV%20071I.jpg

HSV%201228.jpg

The first one is the FPV Super Pursuit GT 2012
The second is the HSV Maloo 2012

They are what we call utes in Australia. We drive, drag, shine and race them. Aerodynamic enough for you?

Tucker1011

CEO, Maple West
Mar 23, 2012
British Columbia
Your location is from British Columbia, that means you live in North America.

FPV%20071I.jpg

HSV%201228.jpg

The first one is the FPV Super Pursuit GT 2012
The second is the HSV Maloo 2012

They are what we call utes in Australia. We drive, drag, shine and race them. Aerodynamic enough for you?
Canada and the United States are not one in the same. We have different sensibilities and ideas. In the future, please think before you type.

And no, they really aren't. There's still the big stupid open box in the back. Sure they're far better than pick-up trucks, but you're still talking drag racing, which is an odd American tradition that I never understood.

Deadpool91

Noob
Sep 16, 2012
Western Australia
You didn't do too well in geography did you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_america

They aren't often used as drag cars, but race cars on track circuits or city circuits. Though if your talking about concepts and aerodynamics of vehicles in the game, why add in the Raptor? or a Bugatti Veyron? Sure that is in because its fast but turns like a brick.

An empty box in the box makes it lighter, changing the way you have to drive it, giving it a lot of over-steer.

Tucker1011

CEO, Maple West
Mar 23, 2012
British Columbia

They aren't often used as drag cars, but race cars on track circuits or city circuits. Though if your talking about concepts and aerodynamics of vehicles in the game, why add in the Raptor? or a Bugatti Veyron? Sure that is in because its fast but turns like a brick.

An empty box in the box makes it lighter, changing the way you have to drive it, giving it a lot of over-steer.
Last time I checked, those two got in on sheer salience (and having been extensively features on Top Gear). But, at the end of the day, you don't really want understeer on a track. Drifting is slow in every case except dirt rally.

Also, don't patronize me about the "North America" thing. I was simply reminding you that there are two countries with two different cultures, and two VASTLY different political systems across that 49th parallel.

We're not just USA light.

Deadpool91

Noob
Sep 16, 2012
Western Australia

Last time I checked, those two got in on sheer salience (and having been extensively features on Top Gear). But, at the end of the day, you don't really want understeer on a track. Drifting is slow in every case except dirt rally.

Also, don't patronize me about the "North America" thing. I was simply reminding you that there are two countries with two different cultures, and two VASTLY different political systems across that 49th parallel.

We're not just USA light.

The only thing I was referring to was what you call pick up trucks, nothing political or cultural, so don't take it that way. And its not patronizing to refer to you by continent, its like saying European cars instead of British or German.

Oversteer, not understeer. You want more oversteer than understeer because there a more variables you can control, using brakes more for instance. Which is what I said.

And drifting in Horizon doesn't have as much effect on the speed on cars as it did in FM4, heck it didn't really in FM4 if you were doing it correctly

Tucker1011

CEO, Maple West
Mar 23, 2012
British Columbia
The only thing I was referring to was what you call pick up trucks, nothing political or cultural, so don't take it that way. And its not patronizing to refer to you by continent, its like saying European cars instead of British or German.

Oversteer, not understeer. You want more oversteer than understeer because there a more variables you can control, using brakes more for instance. Which is what I said.

And drifting in Horizon doesn't have as much effect on the speed on cars as it did in FM4, heck it didn't really in FM4 if you were doing it correctly
I actually meant to say oversteer. And you spin away a lot of power when you're drifting - that's just a fact of physics. And, of course, that's what Forza (specifically 'Motorsport') is all about. Unless you're in a dirt rally, drifting is always slower - fact.

Bonemeal2pointOh

Sleep enthusiast
Jan 26, 2003
Mt. Perdition, Gallifrey
How many of you guys read pre-release information on this game? Clearly very few. Forza doesn't have Porsche's because EA owns the right to have them in games and for the first time in Car Gaming History EVER they denied the right for their licensee to appear in another producer's catalog.
Can't remember what year NFS: Porsche Unleashed was released for the PSX. I would assume that was probably when EA snagged the license. Not that I really care. Porsche Unleashed was a $#!7 game, and I'm like Jeremy Clarkson in that I think Porsche sux. 2¢

What I want is something that's become a staple in these multi-type-car-race-stuff: I want my DMC-12. I know it's not really a dirt car, but neither are half the cars in the game. And in GT-4 and GT-PSP, the DMC-12 was allowed in dirt/snow races. Though, maybe it's blasphemy to mention the GT franchise on this particular IGN board. M? [face_raised_brow]

Bonemeal2pointOh

Sleep enthusiast
Jan 26, 2003
Mt. Perdition, Gallifrey
The DMC-12 is the worst car I ever wanted to like. What a turd.
BLASPHEMY!!!

I also want a nice, flat, boxy Lotus Esprit. I cannot imagine why it was left out, but it needs to be added in. Also, I think there should be more pickup trucks that aren't Ford. A Dodge Ram and a Toyota Tundra would be welcome. Sick irony; a game with offroad racing, and it lacks the most popular type of automobile for offroad racing.

As a side-thing, how about adding a Morris Marina expansion? Not only do you get to drive this epically-bad car; you get to play a mini-game where you drop a piano on it!!! SWEET!!! YEAH!!!