Apr 23, 2016
So Bioshock fascinates me as a game that purposefully and successfully went out of its way to have a philosophic message. Maybe only a handful of games actually try to have deep ideas, and most of those are indie games that don't get AAA fame.

So I made a video to try an evaluate how BioShock tackled Ayn Rand's Objectivism so successfully!

I started my youtube channel so I could have more discussions about videogames and philosophy than what I get irl, but real people are on forums so I decided to come talk to people here XD

What does everyone else think made BioShock so successful and being a philosophic critique?

Apr 23, 2016
Thanks. And I'm new to this, so I'll try. Kinda realized after the fact that there isn't much reason in trying to prove to Randians that I actually understand Rand's philosophy and disagree with it XD. I appreciate your reply, detective!

That said, I also found later that making a post like this is against the IGN forum's rules. I thought this thread was already locked, so if an admin gets a chance you should probably block this thread too.

PlayIt

Noob
Mar 30, 2022
I've always felt that despite the story twists and themes not being as original as the first Bioshock. Bioshock 2 is still a much better experience. Honestly the Minerva's Den DLC is my favourite piece of Bio content there is!