RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
It's long since time to kill the "we want tables" chant outside of maybe in a tables match

Shut your entitled mouths and watch the match they're giving you. If they have a table spot planned, you'll get it. If they don't, no need to give them shit and basically tell them you don't care about what you're currently seeing

SyKDeMoN

It's not a good day to be a bad guy.
Oct 10, 2004
It's long since time to kill the "we want tables" chant outside of maybe in a tables match

Shut your entitled mouths and watch the match they're giving you. If they have a table spot planned, you'll get it. If they don't, no need to give them shit and basically tell them you don't care about what you're currently seeing
So I guess the "we want fire" chant is fine though? [face_tongue]

sH0Tz

#HeadOfTheTable
Feb 26, 2014

I don't mind the we want tables chant too much, it's when they audibly grumble when it doesn't happen and basically shit on what could be an otherwise good match.

Also, I hate the ""One more time" chant during matches.

That90sguy

Star
Feb 2, 2011
The Danger Zone

It was hilarious when the Elite were trying to do a cute five man corner punching spot in B&G and the fans ignored it because they wanted tables. And they actually got the tables and then the fans chanted for fire. Meanwhile they were going nuts earlier in the show for a double clothesline. To me, that shows that minimalist wrestling is usually the way to go, or the fans will just expect more and more.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
You know, I think I hate special guest referees

Especially when the storyline is "ugh, the refs are too incompetent, better leave it to someone who doesn't do this job for a living and has never refereed a match before!"

My favorite special guest referee match is Cena vs. Bryan, and that's because you actually forget HHH is the ref because he doesn't actually do anything until the match is over

sH0Tz

#HeadOfTheTable
Feb 26, 2014
Finally getting around to watching SummerSlam and seeing Iyo cash in was cool and all, but really bugged me that they seem to flip flop all the time on whether both competitors have to be stood up ready to start a match, but on other occasions that didn't seem to matter.

Consistency people!

AWSMan

No Longer "No Longer A Noob"
Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Why does it feel like every major guy in AEW does a bite spot? I hate it. Not every character can pull it off.
I’m really not sure if you’re being literal here or using some young people slang I haven’t heard. Is Orange Cassidy going around biting people and I just haven’t noticed?

That90sguy

Star
Feb 2, 2011
The Danger Zone
I’m really not sure if you’re being literal here or using some young people slang I haven’t heard. Is Orange Cassidy going around biting people and I just haven’t noticed?
No, I’m talking about the literal ten punch/bite the head spot that MJF, Moxley, Danielson, Ricky Starks and several others do all the time now. Bonus points if they do it when their opponent is bleeding. It’s just weird for so many wrestlers to do it when it doesn’t even fit their character.

AWSMan

No Longer "No Longer A Noob"
Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
No, I’m talking about the literal ten punch/bite the head spot that MJF, Moxley, Danielson, Ricky Starks and several others do all the time now. Bonus points if they do it when their opponent is bleeding. It’s just weird for so many wrestlers to do it when it doesn’t even fit their character.
I haven’t exactly been keeping a tally, but I feel like you’re grossly exaggerating the number of people who’ve done that spot recently. And of the examples you gave, I’d say it’s perfectly in character for all of them except Starks, who was specifically trying to match Bryan’s level of brutality so even with him it made sense.

sH0Tz

#HeadOfTheTable
Feb 26, 2014
I haven’t exactly been keeping a tally, but I feel like you’re grossly exaggerating the number of people who’ve done that spot recently. And of the examples you gave, I’d say it’s perfectly in character for all of them except Starks, who was specifically trying to match Bryan’s level of brutality so even with him it made sense.

I smell a new ASWD point category. [face_mischief]

That90sguy

Star
Feb 2, 2011
The Danger Zone
It happens more than you think! And I’d argue you have no business biting someone unless your gimmick is literally crazy man.

sH0Tz

#HeadOfTheTable
Feb 26, 2014
That somehow Michael Cole calling Cena the goat for years actually caught on and now it’s his official nickname.
I've no problem with people calling Cena the GOAT, though I personally disagree. But, having it used as his nickname and part of his ring announcement bugs the shit out of me. Also, when they decide to add things like 'Big' to Bronson Reed or 'Dirty' Dominick Mysterio.

sH0Tz

#HeadOfTheTable
Feb 26, 2014
Maybe it’s just the constantly adding of something for the sake of it. They went from shortening names to adding extra words lol

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
Tony Khan

Especially the way he interacts with trolls on Twitter. I just don’t get why he feels the need to entertain them

Serpent.222

Super Star
Feb 13, 2012
Here. On a board. With you.
I get the point of it, with being on TV and all. But I CANNOT STAND when you have an awkward pinfall that happened because the wrestler had to nonsensically change their position in order to pin facing the camera.

Serpent.222

Super Star
Feb 13, 2012
Here. On a board. With you.
Considering the frequency of false finishes today, I actually hate the finality of finishers in the elimination chamber. When someone goes down to just a single finisher, it falls pretty flat, and feels a bit unceremonious for the person taking the fall.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
I get Roman will always have his fans that either want him to beat Cody so

• He can beat Hogan's "record"
  • He can hold the title next year and face The Rock "like he was supposed to"
  • So he can actually break Bruno's record
They're fanboys, and I can roll my eyes at but I'd probably be the same way if it were about one of my favorite wrestlers

What annoys me is the ones saying Cody can win but "Rock has to cost Roman" or even "Heyman has to cost Roman" because "you have to keep Roman strong"

Two points: One, you do NOT need to keep him strong, this is the payoff to a 4 year reign of terror, if there was ever a time for someone to be beaten handily with zero caveats, this is it

Secondly: You can't keep Roman strong, because Roman isn't strong, never has been (in this reign). He won the title by capitalizing at the end of a title match to make it a triple threat, he relied on low blows in the early part of his reign and his family/Sami for the rest of it. With the exception of maybe Cesaro and I think that final Bryan match, Roman has never been presented as someone who can just win a match on his own since he returned in 2020. Him losing clean once he doesn't have anymore backup isn't making him week, it's the logical conclusion of his reign (and how it should've ended last year)