Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1046411p1.html]We Bought Tony Hawk RIDE, Price Tag Confirmed[/link]
by Jim Reilly

Summary:
The price point for Activision's latest skateboarding excursion, Tony Hawk Ride, as been unconfirmed until now. Retailers have been listing the title at $119.99 for months, but the publisher would never clarify if that number was indeed the true price. [link=http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1046411p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Jul 14, 2008
$120 is chicken-scratch for an IGN editor. Rupert Murdoch and FOX News own IGN and thus pay them salaries out the wazoo. Enjoy your game, hot shot.

imbakinbacon

The Baconator
Feb 21, 2008
Um... Activision didn't confirm that price, so you're going to have to return it and pay the Activision Premium...

Willy105

No Longer a Noob
Jul 6, 2006
One hundred and twenty dollars?

For that I can buy a PS2 or even a low-end DS. Far better purchases.

Oct 29, 2007
I'm surprised that activison did not give u a copy of the game before release, you know what that means its gonna be a crappy game.

oscgee

No Longer a Noob
Sep 10, 2000
haha seriously, the fact that they had to go out and buy the game to review it says it all.

Sunday.

Noob
Jul 27, 2008
If journalist want to be really independent, they should pay for they game themselves. Perhaps that's why they didn't get the game for free...

FlyBoyGCG

Noob
Aug 7, 2002
Anyone considering this should just buy a PS2 and Persona 3 FES. Or give them to a friend. Best Xmas gift ever?

sroel908

Prime Member
Jan 22, 2006
I have heard that Activision gave media outlets who wanted a Day One review a 3-hour window to play the game in order to review it...that's why they had to buy it. You can't get much out of a game in 3 hours.

V

VikingrBerserkr

Original poster
If this game cannot be played regularly as well then its not going to sell very well, not everyone wants a realistic skateboarding experience in a video game, i like the old way thanks.

drzz1212

Noob
Aug 12, 2008
I dont think think this game will suck. Just that 120 bucks will definitely not be worth it and it will get boring after a while. I'm guessing from a 5.0 to a 7.0 for the score.

IronDong

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 22, 2005
I talked to Tony Hawk at E3 and he guaranteed me this game would make Natal look a Wii without motion plus whose only game is Superman 64.

fireworka

Prime Member
Jun 5, 2008
How come they didn't get this in advance? They actually had to go down to a shop and get it. What the hell, Activision? I'd knock a point off it just for that.

Nov 4, 2009
"I talked to Tony Hawk at E3 and he guaranteed me this game would make Natal look a Wii without motion plus whose only game is Superman 64."

WOW you should "right" for IGN. Retard.

redmeansgo82

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 8, 2007
"If journalist want to be really independent, they should pay for they game themselves. Perhaps that's why they didn't get the game for free..."

Why, when someone writes for a big game website, should they pay for their own games? A site as well known as IGN gets copies from all the major publishers, including Activision. Paying for a game when you should get a free copy doesn't make you independent, it means you got shafted. Attention to all the other "indie" idiots, please go die.

LIVE_DEREK

Noob
May 2, 2007
If you buy this you are a POS and I hope that all your systems break.

PLEASE DON'T SUPPORT THIS GAME OR GAMES THAT ARE SIMILAR TO IT IN CONCEPT OF PRICE. THEY ARE RUINING GAMING, OR WHAT IS LEFT OF IT.

Nov 24, 2008
wow, at that price tag, only die-hard skaters are gonna buy this one. (if its even any good) no free review copy does seem real fishy.

taeguek

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 24, 2008
haha no surprise here. Activision's refusal to confirm any price all but served as an actual conformation of that price. I guess we will hear about an Activision snowboarding game to use the peripheral.

ORIONSAINT

Noob
Oct 25, 2002
FAIL FAIL FAIL!!! I wouldn't even be posting this, if the motion board wasn't mandatory, but since it is, it's my mission to help it fail!!! fail!!!

THarp277

Noob
Nov 6, 2009
At this point, you should just skate for real. It's not like it's Call of Duty or something. It's skateboarding.

giese095

Prime Member
Jan 15, 2008
legendofmetal777 - I can't really see die-hard skaters buying this one at that price either seeing as they can just go outside and skateboard for real...

I don't know about this one...one part of me likes the idea because if it actually works well and is accessible it will get people off their ass. Another part of me doesn't like the idea because I know I would only be able to do the really simple stuff (otherwise I would be a real skateboarder and not buying a game) and I've never really been a huge fan of skating games in the past, they just get way too repetitive for me. I guess I'll wait to see some opinions about it and then maybe try to find a demo in a store somewhere...at this point I can't see myself buying it though.

rko595

Noob
Oct 3, 2005
Let's see the options...

1) Buy this game for an exceedingly and unnecessarily expensive amount of money and get bored with it after a month

2) Buy a real skateboard for around the same price, go to the local park and chill, opening up new social opportunities.

Hmmm...

FAHQQQ

Noob
Nov 6, 2009
@rko595:

nice logic there, moron. so next time, instead of playing call of duty, sign up for military service, get your stupid ass shipped to afghanistan, opening up new warfare experience opportunities. you're a friggin genius.

Jul 15, 2008
this game looks stupid
next they will release a tony hawks that comes with a treadmill a REAL skateboard and a fake tree to make it more real to put next to you and a cardboard cutout of tony hawk with his thumbs up saying "Thanks for your money! cause you just bought more plastic shit!" JUST so you can do all the real skating indoors without having to ruin your eyes with sunlight and avoid the difficulties of saying hello to people. :D

and @FAHQQQ

i really see the resemblance between CoD and Tony Hawks games! well done for you! lets hope when you join the army you dont accidently pull out a skateboard instead of a gun! i know its confusing ;)

Skyler193

Prime Member
Nov 11, 2002
Congratulations IGN, now your playing a skating game other than "Skate". Now review the game already.

And yes, I know the package is big. I just got my copy yesterday. It's expensive too. Activision never changed the retail price, so it was always offically $119 and is being released during a busy week. So, that doesn't help. But, we are living in an age when people are playing up to $199 for Rock band or Guritar hero X or $149 for special editions of COD:MW2. So, in retrospect $119 isn't quite so high.

-Hawkfan

chad.hogan

Noob
Oct 6, 2008
I've always wondered...with Natal coming out next year, doesn't it render potential need for the skateboard in the eventual tony hawk sequel useless?

Kirl....

Prime Member
May 27, 2002
The skateboard detects precise and fine movements. Natal is looking at the bigger picture, it won't be able to detect balance or finer foot movements precisely.

Mar 21, 2008
all i gotta say is neversoft...no need for a review...it already gets a -10....then activision adds another -10 for a grand total of complete piece of poop!