RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
inb4people genuinely try to argue this has NOTHING to do with the allegations

Charlemagne2012

Super Star
Mar 31, 2012
I mean if you want to play the inferior song go ahead
Feels more thematically appropriate to me since you hear this when seeing the people of Coruscant pull down Palpatine's statue, much like people's image of Vince has been pulled down and we're glad to see him go.

The details, Mita. It's all in the details.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
It was only a matter of time.

WWE just got a hell of a lot more interesting.
I mean, you say that, but allegedly Lesnar walked out on Smackdown and their plan to fix it is to bring in Goldberg

A lot of WWE's issues started with Vince but is just too ingrained to change overnight. I would love it if we got some new stuff going on, but it'll probably be a very slow burn

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
I mean, you say that, but allegedly Lesnar walked out on Smackdown and their plan to fix it is to bring in Goldberg

A lot of WWE's issues started with Vince but is just too ingrained to change overnight. I would love it if we got some new stuff going on, but it'll probably be a very slow burn
Oh, I agree. Nothing changes overnight. But Vince completely stepping down is absolutely a good thing at this point.

The Goldberg thing is probably just because he’s still contracted for one or two more matches and they need immediate star power to replace Brock. He’s obviously just a pawn in the game and won’t be winning the title, so it’s whatever. The real interesting stuff begins after Summerslam, hopefully.

Sep 18, 2004
Oh, I agree. Nothing changes overnight. But Vince completely stepping down is absolutely a good thing at this point.

The Goldberg thing is probably just because he’s still contracted for one or two more matches and they need immediate star power to replace Brock. He’s obviously just a pawn in the game and won’t be winning the title, so it’s whatever. The real interesting stuff begins after Summerslam, hopefully.
I actually thought I remember seeing something that Goldbergs contract was over and he fullilled all his matches. Not that it matters, if they throw enough money at him he'll be back.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
Vince appearing on Raw tonight is interesting. Makes you wonder if he feels like he’s on borrowed time with WWE. Trying to soak it all up one final time before shit really hits the fan.
Looking back on this, I have a feeling that’s exactly what was going on. He likely knew he would be retiring soon and was just making his rounds on live TV one more time while he had full control.

mitamaking

No Longer a Noob
Nov 22, 2013
bpapa should have gotten the first post on this thread, even though he didn't post the tweet for some reason

AWSMan

No Longer "No Longer A Noob"
Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I do love Vince’s whole, “Welp, guess it’s thing to retire!” approach. Like it just occurred to him that he’s old and doesn’t have to work anymore.

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
Well that was anticlimactic. Where’s the “leave the memories alone” video package?
Stephanie led a “thank you Vince” chant at the beginning of Smackdown and he was never mentioned again. What more could you want?!

mitamaking

No Longer a Noob
Nov 22, 2013

The 77-year-old Mr. McMahon also has told people that he intends to make a comeback at WWE, according to the people familiar with his comments. He has said that he received bad advice from people close to him to step down and that he now believes the allegations and investigations would have blown over had he stayed, these people said.

AWSMan

Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
It's probably just been grinding his gears watching Hunter's NXT favorites getting shine. Vinny Mac's got to come save the industry from a Ricochet push!

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
I wouldn’t mind Vince returning in a commentary role. Or maybe as an on-air authority figure (to replace the new incompetent Adam Pearce).

As long as he doesn’t have any real power again, it’s whatever. Just enjoy your retirement, old man.

AWSMan

Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I can’t see Vince returning in any capacity other than a management position. The thought of him being purely on-air talent and having to ultimately answer to his daughter and son-in-law, while hilarious, is just too far-fetched.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
Yeah i think he actively reduced his own tv time over the years because he felt he looked too old, if he does come back it's clear what his priority would be

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
2023 just started and Vince is already out to ruin it for me. Why can’t this man just stay down for the count?!

mitamaking

No Longer a Noob
Nov 22, 2013
Well, if Vince can't go to jail, and actually pay for his crimes, which would be nice... as an AEW fan first...

giphy.gif

mitamaking

No Longer a Noob
Nov 22, 2013
If WB buys WWE and throws away AEW I am going to be pissed. I actually think Zaslav is going out of his way to piss me off specifically some times.

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
Vince is in, Nick Khan is sole CEO, and Stephanie has packed her bags. It was fun while it lasted.