Oct 2, 2005
Vegeta goes into a rage after Bulma is hit and taps into some kind of unknown potential and puts up the best fight against Bills/Beers out of all of the Z-Warriors (and even manages to land a hit or two on him), including SSJ3 Goku. Its then remarked that Vegeta - in his brief powered up rage - has surpassed even a Super Saiyan 3. Goku even congratulates him at the end of the film, joking that they should have the enemy hit Bulma more often. In space Bills/Beers and Whis remark that both Vegeta and Goku will prove to be "fearsome foes" in the future.

Since BoG is looking like its going to shape up to be the start of a new series of movies or a series, I think it'll be interesting to see where Vegeta's character goes from here. I wonder if Vegeta's secret to tapping into his latent power has to do with defending his loved ones, which would be ironically poetic considering his entire personality during DBZ has been selfishly fighting for himself and only now when he's settled down with different priorities in life does he have the potential to surpass Goku.
I like comments from people like you that use logic when making comments as against the usual ignoramus fan-boyish rants that we usually get from people on the net. Good analysis and yes, I wholeheartedly agree with everything that you wrote.

Mar 13, 2014
It's a simple matter of pride.

Genetically speaking Vegeta >>> Goku

Experience and attitude Goku >>>>>> Vegeta

Goku always comes out stronger even though he's just an average saiyan because he accepts the teachings of others and trains more wisely - he wants to become the best he can be. Vegeta refuses all help and tortures his mind and body in order to become better than everyone else. It's nature versus nurture.

Last edited:

Sykronics

Noob
Jul 11, 2015
not according to the official canon anymore [face_peace]
They only say that because they wanted to create another Z movie and created SSJ God. Like it or not, GT did happen and it is a part of the Dragon Ball world.

No, because Akira Toryiama wasn't largely involved in GT and is widely considered inaccurate when compared with Z. DBO and BoG directly contradict the events that happened in GT and ultimately render the show (as crappy as it was) non canon.
hes right if I remember right it was his student that created GT Akira Toryiama was against GT

Sykronics

Noob
Jul 11, 2015
Goku still is stronger at the end, right? Because he goes Super Saiyan God? When is the release date in the US? Has it been announced yet?
Yea but apparently any one of them can become a SSGod. Just takes 5 pure Saiyans to give you their energy. So if on the next one Vegeta goes SSGod he should be stronger.

5 pure Saiyans? But the only pure ones are Goku and Vegeta. Gohan, Goten, and Trunks are only 1/2 Saiyan and Pan is only 1/4 Saiyan.
its 5 saiyans pure of heart not pure blood.....

Sykronics

Noob
Jul 11, 2015
It's a simple matter of pride.

Genetically speaking Vegeta >>> Goku

Experience and attitude Goku >>>>>> Vegeta

Goku always comes out stronger even though he's just an average saiyan because he accepts the teachings of others and trains more wisely - he wants to become the best he can be. Vegeta refuses all help and tortures his mind and body in order to become better than everyone else. It's nature versus nurture.
that's not completely true when you think about it how many times has goku died compared to vageta when you take that into content goku is stronger since they come back stronger after every battle