DynamicDueeo

Hotline to Miami
Jul 2, 2011
Vegeta goes into a rage after Bulma is hit and taps into some kind of unknown potential and puts up the best fight against Bills/Beers out of all of the Z-Warriors (and even manages to land a hit or two on him), including SSJ3 Goku. Its then remarked that Vegeta - in his brief powered up rage - has surpassed even a Super Saiyan 3. Goku even congratulates him at the end of the film, joking that they should have the enemy hit Bulma more often. In space Bills/Beers and Whis remark that both Vegeta and Goku will prove to be "fearsome foes" in the future.

Since BoG is looking like its going to shape up to be the start of a new series of movies or a series, I think it'll be interesting to see where Vegeta's character goes from here. I wonder if Vegeta's secret to tapping into his latent power has to do with defending his loved ones, which would be ironically poetic considering his entire personality during DBZ has been selfishly fighting for himself and only now when he's settled down with different priorities in life does he have the potential to surpass Goku.

Eagles

Jerk Store called
Oct 9, 2005
Oh yea? WELL VEGETA HAD A MACHINE TURN HIM INTO SSJ4

FUCK ALL

Stinger22005

Stinger22005
May 22, 2005
Yeah? Well at least he didn't allow every single homicidal villain a chance to leave and kill other people like Goku did. He's strong enough to kill a mofo without pussin' out. Amirite or amirite?

ELonzo

Noob
Feb 2, 2013
GT did happen

not according to the official canon anymore [face_peace]
They only say that because they wanted to create another Z movie and created SSJ God. Like it or not, GT did happen and it is a part of the Dragon Ball world.
Well believe it or not there's a Super Saiyan God and not a Super Saiyan 4. Gt happened on tv and in a lot of casual fans think it's real. Hardcore fans know about this movie and know this movie is canon while GT wasn't. To make things short ( Casual fans think Gt is real, Hardcore fans know it isn't)

DynamicDueeo

Hotline to Miami
Jul 2, 2011
GT did happen

not according to the official canon anymore [face_peace]
They only say that because they wanted to create another Z movie and created SSJ God. Like it or not, GT did happen and it is a part of the Dragon Ball world.

No, because Akira Toryiama wasn't largely involved in GT and is widely considered inaccurate when compared with Z. DBO and BoG directly contradict the events that happened in GT and ultimately render the show (as crappy as it was) non canon.

D

Deleted member 4511819

Original poster
I heard a rumor that they might make this a trilogy but then again it was a rumor...
Judging from the ending there's definitely going to be another movie.

Or perhaps a new series? [face_thinking]

Last edited by a moderator:

Fettster777

Super Star
Dec 6, 2004
Goku still is stronger at the end, right? Because he goes Super Saiyan God? When is the release date in the US? Has it been announced yet?

ELonzo

Noob
Feb 2, 2013
Goku still is stronger at the end, right? Because he goes Super Saiyan God? When is the release date in the US? Has it been announced yet?
Yea but apparently any one of them can become a SSGod. Just takes 5 pure Saiyans to give you their energy. So if on the next one Vegeta goes SSGod he should be stronger.

Fettster777

Super Star
Dec 6, 2004
Yea but apparently any one of them can become a SSGod. Just takes 5 pure Saiyans to give you their energy. So if on the next one Vegeta goes SSGod he should be stronger.

5 pure Saiyans? But the only pure ones are Goku and Vegeta. Gohan, Goten, and Trunks are only 1/2 Saiyan and Pan is only 1/4 Saiyan.

Feb 5, 2011
I'm gonna be simple here. You can work your way around and try to say "VEGETA HIT GOKU HES STRONGER LOLZ". But simply, Goku will always be stronger than vegeta. Vegetas untapped potential we eventually be surpassed by Goku like it always is. Remember when vegeta got back from the HTC in the cell saga, and got his ass kicked by perfect cell? Goku kicked cell's ass after he got back from the chamber, it's a simple as logic. Goku will always be stronger than vegeta, and that's a fact.

ELonzo

Noob
Feb 2, 2013
I'm gonna be simple here. You can work your way around and try to say "VEGETA HIT GOKU HES STRONGER LOLZ". But simply, Goku will always be stronger than vegeta. Vegetas untapped potential we eventually be surpassed by Goku like it always is. Remember when vegeta got back from the HTC in the cell saga, and got his ass kicked by perfect cell? Goku kicked cell's ass after he got back from the chamber, it's a simple as logic. Goku will always be stronger than vegeta, and that's a fact.

That's not a fact, it's an opinion. If this movie was never made and it ended at the Buu saga then it would've been a fact but ever since this movie was made and the way things turned out, anything could happen at this moment. As of right now everybody is going with what the movie showed because it's the latest.

TzarDjinni

Noob
Dec 5, 2008
Vegeta was more powerful than Goku for that moment in time. You must have forgot Goku retains the God power. Bills said this himself... so Goku is STILL the strongest. Stronger than Vegeta and Gohan

Mar 13, 2014
The whole point of the Goku versus Vegeta rivalry is nature versus nurture. Vegeta was the strongest Saiyan as a child, he surpassed his father at like 6 years old and was amongst the strongest in the universe. He lived through the death of his entire species and became (in his mind) the embodiment of his proud warrior heritage. That's all he had and it's what he clung to. He was never challenged until he was actually hurt on Earth. Goku was challenged plenty, by humans no less. Goku's brain damage made him pure and his defeats made him humble. Therefore he is more willing to accept the help of others to get stronger, whereas Vegeta's pride always holds back his potential. Goku learnt Kaioken which allowed his body to output more power than it should, granting him bigger zenkais on Namek due to his body being used to higher levels of power. He had sensu beans when he trained for instant healing, whereas Vegeta continued to train with broken ribs. As for the time chamber, Vegeta refused to train with Trunks whilst Goku was pushed by Gohan (the strongest character). Also, thanks to his experience under martial arts masters, Goku opted to perfect full power Super Saiyan, which proved more powerful than Vegeta's ascended super saiyan. Of course vegeta was too proud to then copy Goku's form, so he remained inferior. Then Goku had 7 years of training in other world, where he himself said it was easier to raise his power level, not to mention that he didn't need to eat or sleep. During this movie Vegeta for the first time sets aside his pride to protect the Earth. Vegeta has greater natural potential than Goku, but Goku makes the most of his opportunities. As for GT, well A it isn't canon and B Goku could only become a super saiyan 4 because he regrew his tail. Adult saiyans can't regrow their tails, so vegeta needed the machine.

Last edited:

TzarDjinni

Noob
Dec 5, 2008
well said. Its true Goku had more help than Vegeta, like climbing Korins tower and also drinking the Super Holy Water and drinking the Ultra Divine Water. I think the biggest thing that helped Goku aside from training under King Kai was that he was the first to use the Gravity machine on his trip to Namek and mastering 100x Earths Gravity. Everybody was shocked at his massive growth at this time considering it only took him 7 days to reach Namek.

Does anybody know what the Gravity is on Grand Kai's Planet? is it 10x or 100x?

aussj5link

Noob
Jan 13, 2013
We so need a saga where Vegeta is the one to beat the main villain. I really hope they decide to come up with something that allows the humans to catch up and be of real importance in the story, Saiyens are awesome but I don't like how only they get the spotlight when it comes to the fights and that awesome feeling when a good guy shows up at the last minute to save the day lol. I know Krillin is mainly for comic relief and a low form of sub support in fights but I would love to see him get a real part where he is really important in the fights.

Mar 13, 2014
Apparently Toryama has said he wants Vegeta as the main protagonist in the next movie. Maybe the humans could start messing around with fusion or something.

Fakira

Noob
Sep 30, 2013
Goku is stronger than Vegeta because since he was a little boy he made friends that helped him get stronger. While Vegeta with his evil heart only killed and destroyed. It's karma. Enough said. But now, Vegeta finaly had no evil or selfishness left in him. New posabilities are opening! ;D

Last edited:

Fettster777

Super Star
Dec 6, 2004

That's not a fact, it's an opinion. If this movie was never made and it ended at the Buu saga then it would've been a fact but ever since this movie was made and the way things turned out, anything could happen at this moment. As of right now everybody is going with what the movie showed because it's the latest.

At the end of DBZ Gohan was stronger than both of them.

Jul 12, 2014
Texas
I actually made a DBZ timeline that has DBZ sagas saiyan - buu, bardock movie, dragon ball, movies 1,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13, and 14, and GT at the end

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2014

Nope. Son Goku is. Of course, "stronger is subjective". Energy-wise, since Super Saiyan 3 takes a TREMENDOUS amount of energy to sustain, Ultimate Gohan is way more efficient.

With power, Goku can take hits normally by the original Majin Boo (Kid Buu in teh states), while in perspective, Vegeta was getting f*cked up from Majin Boo's attacks.

Fettster777

Super Star
Dec 6, 2004

Nope. Son Goku is. Of course, "stronger is subjective". Energy-wise, since Super Saiyan 3 takes a TREMENDOUS amount of energy to sustain, Ultimate Gohan is way more efficient.

With power, Goku can take hits normally by the original Majin Boo (Kid Buu in teh states), while in perspective, Vegeta was getting f*cked up from Majin Boo's attacks.

I was pretty sure Kaoishin Gohan was way more powerful than SSJ3 Goku. He was able to go toe to toe with Super Buu who I thought was stronger than Kid Buu. Its been a long time since I watched the show.

gamemiester

No Longer a Noob
Jun 3, 2005
When Goku was inside of Buu he told Vegeta that they couldn't go outside because Super Buu was still too strong for them. Gohan was beating the tar out of Super Buu.

Je4emy18

Star
Jul 22, 2005
When Goku was inside of Buu he told Vegeta that they couldn't go outside because Super Buu was still too strong for them. Gohan was beating the tar out of Super Buu.

That doesn't make sense, were talking about post Gotenks-Piccolo-Gohan Super Buu right? Since you mentioned Goku and Vegeta being inside
of Super Buu(added power from Gohan), Gohan wasn't fighting Super Buu. That's what Im seeing from your post.

Maybe I missunderstood your post, which I doubt. When Goku and Vegeta were inside of Super Buu, trying to get the others and downgrade Super Buu, they were inside of Super Buu with added powers from Gotenks, Piccolo and Gohan. Gohan never faced that Super Buu. You said he did.

UNLESS you meant after cutting Super Buu's powers inside of him by releasing Gohan and the rest, before cutting Fat Buu. Then yeah, obviously.

This thread is non-sense, BTW.

Last edited:

gamemiester

No Longer a Noob
Jun 3, 2005
I'm talking about the Buu after they downgraded him, so just the ordinary Super Buu and not Gotenks Buu. Goku said they couldn't go outside because "he" (Super Buu) was still too strong for them.

Gohan > Super Buu > Goku

Je4emy18

Star
Jul 22, 2005
I'm talking about the Buu after they downgraded him, so just the ordinary Super Buu and not Gotenks Buu. Goku said they couldn't go outside because "he" (Super Buu) was still too strong for them.

Gohan > Super Buu > Goku

Yes, I already pointed that out.

Aug 13, 2005
Buuhan > Mystic Gohan > Buutenks = Buff Kid Buu > Super Buu > Kid Buu > Ss3 Goku > Ss3 Gotenks > Majin Buu > Evil Buu > Mr Buu > = Uub

All the Buus, plus ss3 and mystic, Brute Strength list.

Aug 10, 2008
Buuhan > Mystic Gohan > Buutenks = Buff Kid Buu > Super Buu > Kid Buu > Ss3 Goku > Ss3 Gotenks > Majin Buu > Evil Buu > Mr Buu > = Uub

Gohan was not stronger than Buutenks. If he was he wouldn't have gotten beaten down by Buutenks, ya know? That kinda makes it obvious that Buutenks was stronger than Gohan.

Aug 13, 2005

Gohan was not stronger than Buutenks. If he was he wouldn't have gotten beaten down by Buutenks, ya know? That kinda makes it obvious that Buutenks was stronger than Gohan.

Problem is BuuTenks eventual equals BuuCcolo (PiccoBuu?)
Thus
Do to Buutenks time restraints
Mystic Gohan > Buutenks / PiccoBuu

> lol PiccoBuu

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2008

Problem is BuuTenks eventual equals BuuCcolo (PiccoBuu?)
Thus
Do to Buutenks time restraints
Mystic Gohan > Buutenks / PiccoBuu

> lol PiccoBuu

Uhhhhh no.

That's the most ridiculous logic I have ever heard, did you even hear your own logic? By your logic Gotenks = Goten and Trunks power wise because of time restraints. Just no.

Buutenks and Buuccolo are NOT the same. They are two entirely different incarnations of Buu.

Buutenks = Super Buu with Piccolo and Gotenks' power

Buuccolo = Super Buu with Piccolo, base Goten, and base Trunks' power. This is why Piccolo is dominant in that state as Piccolo is stronger than base Goten and Trunks.

Buutenks is waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond the power of Buuccolo and slapped Gohan all over the place, thus is stronger than Gohan. Has nothing to do with Buuccolo.

Factually, and this cannot be argued or disagreed with as it is blatantly clear and obvious fact, Buutenks > Gohan. To say otherwise is friggin' ridiculous.

Gohan > Buuccolo has no bearing whatsoever on Buutenks' strength, regardless of the time limit, as it is not a factor until the time actually wears off, in which case he reverts to a different state of Buu. Had Goku not shown up when he did, Buutenks would have killed them all before the time limit was up, so him reverting to Buccolo afterwards would have been irrelevant. Once Gohan was killed, Buuccolo would have been stronger than anyone else still, so he was not concerned about the time limit once Gohan was gone.

This is common sense, elementary stuff here, guy. Don't claim Gohan is stronger than the form of Buu that was easily about to obliterate him, because that makes you sound.... special.

Last edited:

enzi

Noob
Jan 26, 2015
Vegeta goes into a rage after Bulma is hit and taps into some kind of unknown potential and puts up the best fight against Bills/Beers out of all of the Z-Warriors (and even manages to land a hit or two on him), including SSJ3 Goku. Its then remarked that Vegeta - in his brief powered up rage - has surpassed even a Super Saiyan 3. Goku even congratulates him at the end of the film, joking that they should have the enemy hit Bulma more often. In space Bills/Beers and Whis remark that both Vegeta and Goku will prove to be "fearsome foes" in the future.

Since BoG is looking like its going to shape up to be the start of a new series of movies or a series, I think it'll be interesting to see where Vegeta's character goes from here. I wonder if Vegeta's secret to tapping into his latent power has to do with defending his loved ones, which would be ironically poetic considering his entire personality during DBZ has been selfishly fighting for himself and only now when he's settled down with different priorities in life does he have the potential to surpass Goku.

I literally just made an account so I could come tell you how much I freaking loved this idea. I hope that's exactly what happens.

enzi

Noob
Jan 26, 2015

lol I could see him trying to create his own little Saiyan army to do this. Suddenly wants 4 more kids.