TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
Ryback has nothing going for him. At least Kross has a cool entrance and Scarlett to enhance his presentation.

AWSMan

No Longer "No Longer A Noob"
Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I don’t know if this is unpopular among AEW fans, but JR is actively hurting the product for me now. I respect his passion for the business and his experience, but he’d be better served in a backstage role and not griping about anything that confuses or annoys him (which is fucking EVERYTHING) on commentary.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
I'm willing to wait until Wednesday to see how a crowd treats him post-All Out, but if there are still an audible amount of fans boo'ing Punk, they need to turn him heel. Once fans start going that direction, nobody has ever turned it around outside of Roman outright beating cancer (and even that was temporary), and my stances of "wrestling needs faces and heels" is well documented.

And maybe that's the plan, because it's hard to see how Punk can possibly beat Mox without cheating, so maybe they're going that way anyway, but even if it's a heartfelt battle with Punk coming out on top, if CHICAGO was mixed last week, who knows how the rest of the country will be.

Generation.Now

GENeral of the PWB
Feb 1, 2012
I'm willing to wait until Wednesday to see how a crowd treats him post-All Out, but if there are still an audible amount of fans boo'ing Punk, they need to turn him heel. Once fans start going that direction, nobody has ever turned it around outside of Roman outright beating cancer (and even that was temporary), and my stances of "wrestling needs faces and heels" is well documented.

And maybe that's the plan, because it's hard to see how Punk can possibly beat Mox without cheating, so maybe they're going that way anyway, but even if it's a heartfelt battle with Punk coming out on top, if CHICAGO was mixed last week, who knows how the rest of the country will be.
is this opinion unpopular, or are you just sensing our fatigue with your crusade against punk? 🤔

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
punk should turn heel is a very popular opinion, i think.
That alone? Absolutely, people love heel punk.

What I think would be the unpopular part is that I'm saying he's going to HAVE to because the crowd's starting to turn on him and he won't be able to maintain being a face

Generation.Now

GENeral of the PWB
Feb 1, 2012
That alone? Absolutely, people love heel punk.

What I think would be the unpopular part is that I'm saying he's going to HAVE to because the crowd's starting to turn on him and he won't be able to maintain being a face
no, i still think thats the popular opinion

at least as far as ive seen

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
no, i still think thats the popular opinion

at least as far as ive seen
I was going to make a point about how the internet isn't a real place and doesn't always represent the actual fanbase, but I suppose if there's ever a (non-indy) promotion where that'd be the case, it'd be AEW

Generation.Now

GENeral of the PWB
Feb 1, 2012
I was going to make a point about how the internet isn't a real place and doesn't always represent the actual fanbase, but I suppose if there's ever a (non-indy) promotion where that'd be the case, it'd be AEW
but your point is that real life crowds are starting to boo him as well.

i also feel like this is very intentional by aew. but maybe that's just my own head cannon where punk has been wearing a good guy mask since he returned and the mask has been slowly peeling away since the kingston feud.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
Remember when Matt Cardona showed up in AEW and a tsunami of fans rained down demanding AEW not sign him (and then he went and did stuff his own way and made his own name elsewhere?)

We really should've kept that energy with a lot more people, even the ones we liked.

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
Logan Paul > Bad Bunny

Not sure if this is unpopular, but as far as celebs crossing over into wrestling goes, I think Paul is safely one of the best, if not the best. I was ready to turn on him if they threw the world titles on him, but they didn’t, so I’m fully on board with him continuing to wrestle and improving his craft.

AliRock

Your resident Asian
Jul 28, 2011
4 steps to the left
Logan Paul > Bad Bunny

Not sure if this is unpopular, but as far as celebs crossing over into wrestling goes, I think Paul is safely one of the best, if not the best. I was ready to turn on him if they threw the world titles on him, but they didn’t, so I’m fully on board with him continuing to wrestle and improving his craft.
Don't think it's unpopular, he's been praised like crazy
Personally, I was a fan (in regards to his wrestling) from his very first match

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
Logan Paul is a genuine frontrunner for Rookie of the Year. He probably shouldn't beat people like Hook or Breakker, but if he won I don't think it'd be that crazy

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
I'm gonna start finishing statements with "the things you do to me [person I'm speaking to"

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
Admittedly I don't have knowledge of lots of territory days

But is it unpopular to say that Elite/Death Triangle is the best best-of-seven series in wrestling history?

That90sguy

Star
Feb 2, 2011
The Danger Zone
Logan Paul has something special. His work in ring is a little too clean right now, but he could be huge if he can master the little things. I don't even see why he's boo'd so much other than him being naturally unlikable. Imagine this guy on the indies.

wweboo

Star
Sep 18, 2008
Logan Paul has something special. His work in ring is a little too clean right now, but he could be huge if he can master the little things. I don't even see why he's boo'd so much other than him being naturally unlikable. Imagine this guy on the indies.
When you are as unlikable as him that's more than enough reason.

Charlemagne2012

Super Star
Mar 31, 2012
Probably has something to do with both Paul brothers being profoundly shitty people, which is a matter of public record. Aside from his boxing antics, he also filmed the corpse of someone who had recently committed suicide in a Japanese forest for online clout, has a history of involvement (or at least very dark clouds hanging over his head) about sexual harassment of women with his brother, openly making racist remarks, jokes and tweets... There's a lot there for people to hate.

Nov 17, 2007
I'm curious by what you mean by too clean. Is that something that's a negative?

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
I'm curious by what you mean by too clean. Is that something that's a negative?
Can he grapple? No. Is he strong? No. Tough? No. He can’t do sh*t. It’s a bit of a paradox, but it’s because of that he got chances in WWE. There’s nobody else like him, right? Nobody in the majors in America is like him. So he stands out. Nobody gets that. Who the hell will pay money to buy a ticket, and see a guy who’s a perfect hexagon, 8 out of 10 or above in all areas? The guy with zero overall, the guy who can’t do anything at all, he’s a better draw. Why is Lance Archer popular? Why does Zack Sabre, Jr. have the support he does? Because there’s stuff they can’t do. Nobody in this goddamn business understands that. Wrestlers don’t understand that. So the kids go [into the Performance Center], and they train, and their trainers find what the gaps are in their games, and they try to fill those gaps right up. So you have this perfectly smooth, grey lump of boring trash. So Moxley? It’s because he can’t do sh*t that he’s a good wrestler. He has something very special about him.
-Minoru Suzuki

AWSMan

No Longer "No Longer A Noob"
Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Can he grapple? No. Is he strong? No. Tough? No. He can’t do sh*t. It’s a bit of a paradox, but it’s because of that he got chances in WWE. There’s nobody else like him, right? Nobody in the majors in America is like him. So he stands out. Nobody gets that. Who the hell will pay money to buy a ticket, and see a guy who’s a perfect hexagon, 8 out of 10 or above in all areas? The guy with zero overall, the guy who can’t do anything at all, he’s a better draw. Why is Lance Archer popular? Why does Zack Sabre, Jr. have the support he does? Because there’s stuff they can’t do. Nobody in this goddamn business understands that. Wrestlers don’t understand that. So the kids go [into the Performance Center], and they train, and their trainers find what the gaps are in their games, and they try to fill those gaps right up. So you have this perfectly smooth, grey lump of boring trash. So Moxley? It’s because he can’t do sh*t that he’s a good wrestler. He has something very special about him.
-Minoru Suzuki
I mean, I never really got it, but a LOT of fans do buy into Mox as being a legit tough guy. That’s a big part of his appeal.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
I mean, I never really got it, but a LOT of fans do buy into Mox as being a legit tough guy. That’s a big part of his appeal.
I chalk that stuff up to MiSu trying to cut it in character and shit on Mox a little bit. Overall point remains the same though: You can't have a flawless wrestler, if they are, then that becomes their flaw, they feel less real, more mechanical.