Last_Light

Super Star
Feb 3, 2008
Luka and Trae offensively would be very close. Close enough to where you can just say that's a wash atm (although Luka hot af right now). So if we then take the other 50% of their game, defence, you HAVE to go with Luka.

OmarSwag

No Longer a Noob
Jun 7, 2013
Ok I didn't read this thread but I hope someone mentioned the fact that Trae's team fucking sucks.

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
Ah yes, playing against the great defenses of the G-League Warriors, Spurs, and Cavs. Let's see him do this against the Clippers on Tuesday or the Sixers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Looks like he can only look good against g league defenses, laughable that people compared him to the top 5 of the league. Trae will be the superior player and got that mamba mentality.
lol rupturedduck really made an alt today to make this post and then like it on his main account

D-Train35

Super Star
Feb 25, 2006
other than the obscure houston area rapper i've never seen anyone spell my name like trae young does. that's my dude by default

doncic is better though
how am i always right, idk

edit - actually time will tell, if doncic can’t stay healthy then who knows and it’s not like either one plays defense, so

Last edited:

PABS911

Star
Jan 28, 2003
how am i always right, idk

edit - actually time will tell, if doncic can’t stay healthy then who knows and it’s not like either one plays defense, so

Luka's defense has actually been improving through the season. I doubt he'll ever be anything better than average on D... probably will always be somewhat of a liability (kinda like Dirk was), but he is showing marked improvement (just like Dirk did).

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
Knicks wouldn’t even be a playoff team in the west

comparing that to losing to a title contender in 7 is idiotic but so is thinking trae is better than doncic

CrushB52

Star
Jun 16, 2005
It’s really close, but Trae has advanced and is up 1-0 on the best team record wise in the league.

BIG_aL_13

Star
Mar 4, 2009
Trae actually really turned his season around after they fired Lloyd Floyd Pierce or whoever. Didn't look that great before (I had him on my fantasy team), but he's been straight balling ever since they got all the locker room stuff sorted out.

Tuneman7

Star
Aug 20, 2004
New York, NY
The KNICKS. The shittiest NBA franchise the last two decades. That's who he beat.

Last two decades are irrelevant with this season, the Knicks were a pretty decent team this year and higher seed than the Hawks. Beating them as soundly as the Hawks did was still impressive.

But yeah, I still don't think it gives any more weight to Trae vs Luka in a comparison. If Luka, wasn't strapped to the corpse of Porzingis as his second best player he probably would've beaten the Clippers too.

My thoughts really didn't change on the two from a few years ago, I still think Luka is better across the board.

RyanRogers013

I don't need therapy.. I'm just mentally ill
Jul 7, 2006
This is like asking who’s better, Harden or Jokic. Both are great but one is definitely better
Even if the concession is made that Luka is better we need to stop pretending he is lightyears ahead of other young players in the league. Trae is putting up an efficient 30/10 against 2 top 5 defenses in this postseason.

PABS911

Star
Jan 28, 2003
Even if the concession is made that Luka is better we need to stop pretending he is lightyears ahead of other young players in the league. Trae is putting up an efficient 30/10 against 2 top 5 defenses in this postseason.

Agreed. There are quite a few excellent young NBA players coming into their own as we speak. Very exciting times to be an NBA fan.

simms2bavaro

No Longer a Noob
Jan 3, 2006
I feel like the Hawks would be in the same spot if you replaced Trae with Luka. But it's close enough that if Cam Reddish - who's still only 21 FWIW - provides any type of contribution then the Hawks are clear-cut winners of that trade.

ldsmithson

No Longer a Noob
Oct 15, 2010
I feel like the Hawks would be in the same spot if you replaced Trae with Luka. But it's close enough that if Cam Reddish - who's still only 21 FWIW - provides any type of contribution then the Hawks are clear-cut winners of that trade.
So you're telling me if in 10 years Trae has 1 ECF appearance and Luka wins 3 titles, the deciding factor of who won the trade is going to be whether Cam Reddish had a couple 16-18 PPG seasons?

simms2bavaro

No Longer a Noob
Jan 3, 2006
So you're telling me if in 10 years Trae has 1 ECF appearance and Luka wins 3 titles, the deciding factor of who won the trade is going to be whether Cam Reddish had a couple 16-18 PPG seasons?
Yeah, probably. If that actually happens, I'm guessing that would have more to do with the respective team/coaching around both players than with Luka being THAT much better.

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
sports fans love to be reactionary lol

yeah trae is playing great and I think the gap is closer than previously thought but he’d be chilling in cabo too if he had to play the clips round 1