-Faizon-

Chicken Tetrazini
Dec 29, 2001
I sit and read all the gushing over the Rockets, Lakers, Mavs, and even Raptors enough, the Blazers deserve one thread every couple of weeks FFS, especially when they're hot.

1. 5 Game Win Streak, Brandon Roy is back! [face_love]

Where do we rate Zach Randolph among power forwards? He's the only 25 and 10 player in the league (Lol Yao, 9.9). He reminds me alot of Karl Malone.

This team is pretty loaded from top to bottom, we have someone who is extremely talented at each skill. Need a 3, Plugin Webster. Need a playmaker? Rodriguez. Need a one on one defender? Udoka. Shotblocker? Przybilla the Thrilla.

Had Golden State not squeaked one out tonight, we'd have the 8 seed.

Can the Blazers make a fight for the playoffs? I think they can, and I think it's entirely possible to grab a spot. How about next year? I think within the next year or two we have to make it into the top 6 in the west, then we'll see from there.

50Cent50

Noob
Oct 6, 2004
Brandon Roy is my favorite rookie coming out of the draft. He is a future All Star and should have been the #1 pick.

But wow, a Randolph to Malone comparison? lol, first time I hear that.

raptors_887

No Longer a Noob
Aug 25, 2004
I like watching Blazers games but they don't show much on TV. I'll be able to see them on Friday when the Raptors play them though. Hopefully the Raptors will try to win this time.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Blazers are awesome. Then again I wouldn't call Joel a shotblocker (he really sucks IMO) and I don't think Z-Bo is a Karl Molone. But I will agree with your Roy statment. Roy is amazing, and LaMarcus is going to be GREAT in about 2 or three years. This team could be back into the championship in less than 5 years.

-Faizon-

Chicken Tetrazini
Dec 29, 2001
I didn't say he IS Karl Malone, I just said he reminded me of him. Low Post player who gets it done on the block, has a savvy mid range jumper to make the defense play him tight, he draws double, he's shooting near 90% from the line, and he's one of the least athletic guys in the league in terms of running and jumping, which makes me think he can be great into his mid 30's.

He just needs to work on his attitude, stop talking to refs and get back on D, and not being too much of a liability on defense.

And Przybilla IS a shot blocker, a prolific one might I add.

TheNickyManiac

No Longer a Noob
Oct 10, 2006
You're definitly right about the Zers needing a thread. I really like getting caught up on the recent news and events of these small market teams. Not to mention they're a blast to watch.

-Faizon-

Chicken Tetrazini
Dec 29, 2001
We don't give up, and that's the biggest difference between this and last year's team. Last year's team had an awful mindset, and would regularly get schalaked by 30, this year we got heart, we play hard.

kyluvjesus

No Longer a Noob
Jul 3, 2004
Wow I've been sleeping on the Blazers. They're that close to an 8th seed at this point? Are they the NO Hornets of this year?

I really like Sergio and Outlaw as well. Ultimate wildcard guys. And you're absolutely right about Z-Bo being quite a bit like Malone. Now if only Sergio turns into a Stockton clone...

kyluvjesus

No Longer a Noob
Jul 3, 2004
I think he was stronger than he was athletic. He never really jumped very high. His best dunk I can think of is when he threw it down on a guy one handed on a fast break from the dotted line. He was freaking strong though.

raptors_887

No Longer a Noob
Aug 25, 2004
I think Nate Mcmillan is an awesome coach. If somebody's not playing the way they should be than he sits them out in crunch time. Most coaches don't do that to players who are usually good. I also think he has a good relationship with all of his players (except for Miles maybe)and they play hard because of him.

grenachi

Apr 23, 2003
raptors_887 said:
I think Nate Mcmillan is an awesome coach. If somebody's not playing the way they should be than he sits them out in crunch time. Most coaches don't do that to players who are usually good. I also think he has a good relationship with all of his players (except for Miles maybe)and they play hard because of him.
Nate is brilliant

he's going to win a championship some day...who knows if it will be in Portland or somewhere else, but he's great

Khanyon

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 22, 2004
grenachi said:
Nate is brilliant

he's going to win a championship some day...who knows if it will be in Portland or somewhere else, but he's great

Oooooo...I'm telling Faizon!

sketch_turntable

Waste of $20
Mar 31, 2001
i was at a bar in Portland one night and a Blazer game was on. ZeBo had just scored a big basket and was walkin back up court with his "mean" face on.

so this chick in the bar starts laughing and says "It looks like he has down syndrome!"

the dude with her gets up so i lean over to her and say "yeah, he actually has Bells Palsey so that is why his face looks like that"

she felt really bad. i laughed.

av3n

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 10, 2003
Yes , i noticed this looking at the standings. I cant believe the blazers are on a 5 game winning streak , I mean the 8th spot this year in the west can go to anyone. I feel alot of .400 teams will have a run at it.

rockysur

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 10, 2000
Is there an official season topic for the Blazers? Whatever happens the Blazers will be much better in the coming years. This year they may be able to stay around the .500 mark if they have a good run with injuries. Roy is definitely an exciting talent.

doa3_master

Life's a bitch and then you marry one
Sep 10, 2001
Yeah you guys are hot right now ill give you props for not tanking for Oden.

But the raptors are coming in fresh off a close win in LA vs the clippers.

Lets see if you can hold on [face_mischief]

Lest we not forgot what happened last time a doa team was in portland.

[image=http://magic.e-nba.pl/grafa/tapety/hill/68.jpg]

sketch_turntable

Waste of $20
Mar 31, 2001
Portland was 4-2 on their road trip. Yeah it was against bad teams without their superstars...but maybe, just maybe their confidence will be high.

doa3_master

Sep 10, 2001
but by the time you come to orlando we are fully healthy and ready to go and a 10-4 home record is nothing to laugh at either.

-Faizon-

Chicken Tetrazini
Dec 29, 2001
One of your teams is going to beat us every year as long as the Blazers last, you can't go and say that stuff like it means something.

Khanyon

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 22, 2004
lol @ doa reporting everything as fact. You're like the Peter Vescey of the board. [face_mischief]

doa3_master

Sep 10, 2001
Khanyon said:
lol @ doa reporting everything as fact. You're like the Peter Vescey of the board. [face_mischief]

Nah im the tom tolbert of the board some people hate me, some love me and I state the facts as they are.

Khanyon

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 22, 2004
Your "Seattle is moving" story is why I had no choice, but to place you into Vescey territory. Sorry homie.

doa3_master

Sep 10, 2001
yeah and when sites are reporting there is a chance they are leaving Im jumping all over it

but my Sonics worst in the west prediction is doing great(they are 2nd to worst in the west).

GrayFox51

A crummy commercial? Son of a bitch!
Oct 19, 2000
I like the Blazers, I really do. When Dale and Rasheed left, my interest increased. They were just morons for signing Darius Miles.

Da_Shocker

Super-God Masterforce
Dec 18, 2000
Wow a Blazers thread seems like it been ages sine we had one of these. Oh yeah Blazers>Raptors. :^O

hmm04

Noob
Oct 25, 2002
Z-BO? Where do NBA fans come up with these retarded nicknames?

I think they are very talented, however, being in the West, they would be eaten alive if they made 8 seed.

And I feel your pain. Pistons don't garner too many topics either.

scw3

Too old for this
Oct 11, 2003
This just popped in my head, but the only reason why the Blazers lost to the Magic that night was because Panic! At The Disco was in concert at the Memorial Coliseum, and the music pained the ears of the hip hop lovin' Blazers, and inspired the lame-ass music loving Magic..:D

Mar 11, 2006
Suns
Mavs
Spurs
Nuggets
Lakers
Jazz
Kings
Clippers
Rockets

are all better than the Trailblazers. No way they make it this year and most likely not even next year.

Da_Shocker

Super-God Masterforce
Dec 18, 2000
the_future23 said:
Suns
Mavs
Spurs
Nuggets
Lakers
Jazz
Kings
Clippers
Rockets

are all better than the Trailblazers. No way they make it this year and most likely not even next year.

Injuries do happen you know.

doa3_master

Sep 10, 2001
Doa

For

The

Win

Again

Faizon = pwned.

was it another game winner? oh it was from Andrea Bargnani.

-Faizon-

Chicken Tetrazini
Dec 29, 2001
I was waiting for this.

I don't even talk to the fans of any team the Blazers beat.

You make sure to let anyone know the Magic, Raptors or T-Wolves beat someone.

doa3_master

Sep 10, 2001
[face_tongue] and I make sure to let you know my worst team beat yours at home especially after you talked about how you could beat us.