Four-

And then there's MOD
★ MOD
Mar 9, 2004
This is bosbulls2005. Had to make a new account.

Funny how the day I log back on is the same day someone made a post here for the first time in 4 months.
AYYYYY what's happening, man!
Heyyyy! Nothin much, dude. Been living in Ann Arbor for a few years now, and I love it! Been playing a lot of Mortal Kombat 11 lately, and still a little bit of Smash. How are you?
My wife and I relocated back to St. Louis in 2016. We're both from there originally and our parents are still there. My father in law had a heart attack on Christmas 2015 (he survived), so we re-evaluated our priorities and moved back home to be closer to everyone. I love being so close to family, but other than that I really hate it here. I miss Michigan. Ann Arbor sounds like heaven right now, I've always had a great time every time I go there.

Four-

And then there's MOD
★ MOD
Mar 9, 2004
This is bosbulls2005. Had to make a new account.

Funny how the day I log back on is the same day someone made a post here for the first time in 4 months.
Heyyyy! Nothin much, dude. Been living in Ann Arbor for a few years now, and I love it! Been playing a lot of Mortal Kombat 11 lately, and still a little bit of Smash. How are you?
My wife and I relocated back to St. Louis in 2016. We're both from there originally and our parents are still there. My father in law had a heart attack on Christmas 2015 (he survived), so we re-evaluated our priorities and moved back home to be closer to everyone. I love being so close to family, but other than that I really hate it here. I miss Michigan. Ann Arbor sounds like heaven right now, I've always had a great time every time I go there.

inkyH2O

Noob
Nov 11, 2018
My sister lived in St Louis for a while and missed Michigan during her whole time there. I've considered moving out of the state at times, but yeah I'm just happy to be in Ann Arbor, and I always hear stories about people wanting to move back.

Four-

And then there's MOD
★ MOD
Mar 9, 2004
My sister lived in St Louis for a while and missed Michigan during her whole time there. I've considered moving out of the state at times, but yeah I'm just happy to be in Ann Arbor, and I always hear stories about people wanting to move back.
Part of the problem is that St. Louis is unbearably humid in the summers. Even 80 degree days are intolerable outdoors.

Michigan is a nicer place than people give it credit for. Fixing the roads will solve like 75% of the criticisms. [face_tongue]

Last edited:

inkyH2O

Noob
Nov 11, 2018
Part of the problem is that St. Louis is unbearably humid in the summers. Even 80 degree days are intolerable outdoors.

Michigan is a nicer place than people give it credit for. Fixing the roads will solve like 75% of the criticisms. [face_tongue]
Too bad fixing the roads will just never happen. As much as our roads are under construction, other roads get roughed up in the meantime...It's a constant loop of road fixing.

IRMacGuyver

IR not supposed to be here
Jan 13, 2001
That feeling when you accidentally come across the MGSCT and noone has icons anymore.

IRMacGuyver

Jan 13, 2001
Hmmmmm, yes and no. Don't want to get TOO much into it because mine has several [face_tongue], but you're right, it is using more basic mechanics than more modern options. I know several guys who compete with stock, so it's not out of the question. Springfield Armory's are extremely solid. Basic mechanics or not, there is a reason the gun has been so popular for as long as it has: it just works really well. What attracted me to it was the combination of weight, balance, as well as the thin form.
I was searching the web for stuff and decided that since I couldn't find it I'd come to the MGS board to ask. There are probably better populated places I could ask but since when was I popular? Anyway I don't have a link to the boards in my bookmarks and IGN makes it hard to find the game boards now. So I went to search for the boards in my URL bar and the first result in the suggestions was a page way back in the CT with this conversation in it.

POINT BEING do you actually know friends that compete in handgun competitions or were you just talking in general that you've seen people do it? Do you go to competitions? Are you a good shot? I think I remember you saying that you didn't buy a gun till you moved to a bad neighborhood.

Four-

And then there's MOD
★ MOD
Mar 9, 2004
I was searching the web for stuff and decided that since I couldn't find it I'd come to the MGS board to ask. There are probably better populated places I could ask but since when was I popular? Anyway I don't have a link to the boards in my bookmarks and IGN makes it hard to find the game boards now. So I went to search for the boards in my URL bar and the first result in the suggestions was a page way back in the CT with this conversation in it.

POINT BEING do you actually know friends that compete in handgun competitions or were you just talking in general that you've seen people do it? Do you go to competitions? Are you a good shot? I think I remember you saying that you didn't buy a gun till you moved to a bad neighborhood.
Sorry about this, I was in the middle of something when I saw this notification and meant to come back to it.

I did some competition shooting when I was younger but that was a long long time ago. Like 10-15 years. I don't really keep up with that crowd anymore. I've grown up around guns my whole life so I most definitely had them before moving to Detroit.

These days all I have are a 1911 .40 and a M&P 9mm. I sold everything else. I just don't have time for the hobby like I used to, and after I had my daughter I figured the money would be better spent elsewhere. Don't think I'll ever part with the 1911, it's too much fun. Perfect handgun, imo.

IRMacGuyver

Jan 13, 2001
I went shooting with a friend a while back and it was the first time I actually shot a 1911 myself. It was a kimber compact and in .45. Didn't kick near as hard as everyone always complains about. He's a very active gun collector and even does some blogs and podcasts. When I lost my job this year he bought my FN 1910. Not sure if you remember I bought it at a pawn show for $300 and he bought it from me for $500. But now I don't have a gun at all. Probably for the best as suicidal as I have always been.

I just really want to get into competition shooting though cause I think I'd be good at handgun. I shot better than he did. Maybe he was just having a bad day... or isn't as good of a shot as he is a collector.

Fun thing though, the "range" he took me to was the private property of the sort of famous Russian gun photographer Oleg Volk. Google him.

IRMacGuyver

Jan 13, 2001
Yeah I'm disappointed they cast Isaac Oscar instead of David Hayter.

Half the articles I've seen posted about this use images of Big Boss though and it hurts my brain.

TheMadTitan

A Colloquial Formality
Aug 22, 2004
Yeah I'm disappointed they cast Isaac Oscar instead of David Hayter.

Half the articles I've seen posted about this use images of Big Boss though and it hurts my brain.
They're all Snakes and they all have the same face; I can deal with it.

TheMadTitan

A Colloquial Formality
Aug 22, 2004
Twin Snakes or hell even MGS2 would be better.
No one is going to link ip a PS2 or Gamecube game in their articles, tweets, or whatnot when there's a more recent incarnation available. It's not going to happen for any game unless it specifically pertains to those specific games.

And even then, it's going to be inside the article itself and not as a thumbnail.

IRMacGuyver

Jan 13, 2001
No one is going to link ip a PS2 or Gamecube game in their articles, tweets, or whatnot when there's a more recent incarnation available. It's not going to happen for any game unless it specifically pertains to those specific games.

And even then, it's going to be inside the article itself and not as a thumbnail.
Pretty much every other source I've seen has used a picture or thumbnail from MGS2.

Mortified_Penguin

Oppai Senpai
Apr 13, 2010
Mother Base
I actually got GZ to run on my laptop on medium settings without any frame drops. Just goes to show how well MGSV is optimized.

Attachments

• ExrxR-1XIAUpVK_.jpg
    ExrxR-1XIAUpVK_.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 66
  • ExrxRgjWYAcgV3p.jpg
    ExrxRgjWYAcgV3p.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 61
  • ExrxRSgXIAEjXOO.jpg
    ExrxRSgXIAEjXOO.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 68

Mortified_Penguin

Oppai Senpai
Apr 13, 2010
Mother Base
I'd be curious to see how my laptop could handle it but I aint paying for the game a 5th time.
I didn't play it for long because my laptop did start heating up a bunch, but the fact that it runs as great as it does is impressive.

I own 3 different copies of Ground Zeroes and will probably get another 2 for collection purposes.

IRMacGuyver

Jan 13, 2001
I didn't play it for long because my laptop did start heating up a bunch, but the fact that it runs as great as it does is impressive.

I own 3 different copies of Ground Zeroes and will probably get another 2 for collection purposes.
My laptop is a 3rd gen i5 though so I doubt it'd run good.

Four-

And then there's MOD
★ MOD
Mar 9, 2004
I actually got GZ to run on my laptop on medium settings without any frame drops. Just goes to show how well MGSV is optimized.
They did a good job on the PC port. I'd be curious to see if you can get TPP up and running on that laptop. Identical engine between GZ and TPP but the environments are so much larger, I wonder how it'd do.

Mortified_Penguin

Oppai Senpai
Apr 13, 2010
Mother Base
pff that's newer than the game how did you expect it to not be able to handle the game? I should start a go fund me to get a new laptop. The HDMI port is breaking up on this one.
Well, it's not a gaming laptop, it's just a normal laptop with no-frills specs. I guess I thought a game that looks as good as MGSV would be a lot more difficult to run.

IRMacGuyver

Jan 13, 2001
Well, it's not a gaming laptop, it's just a normal laptop with no-frills specs. I guess I thought a game that looks as good as MGSV would be a lot more difficult to run.
I guess I can see that but dude the game is 6 years old. It was a PS4 game(practically just an upgraded PS3 game), we're on to the PS5 at this point, and PC games are always graphically ahead of console games. It was also the FOX engine that used imported photos for textures which made the game look so good. The actual geometry and pixel count wasn't as advanced as the textures and shading made it look.

Mortified_Penguin

Oppai Senpai
Apr 13, 2010
Mother Base
MGSV modding is getting crazy. They've managed to port Camp Omega from Ground Zeroes to Phantom Pain, and are working on recreating MGS3's map in the Fox Engine. Plus loads of new Side Ops, stuff to make the open world a lot more dynamic and lively, and weapon and character model mods galore. I'm glad the modding scene is still so strong for a 5 year old game.