arganos

Noob
Feb 25, 2011
looks good...hopefully you can customize your character's features..and if it has a strong online presence it might do very well

Nov 20, 2005
Cam summed it up nicely with the observation/concern about the characters just being Archetypes, as has been the case in so many other of Snowblinds games of yore. I suppose it's asking too much that War in The North be more of a BioWare like RPG then just another hack and slash.

So far, all I keep reading from Gamer Sites and interviews with the developers is how the game is designed to be played with two other people. Well, not to sound like a introvert, but, I don't like playing games with other people (Outside of MMOs) and, if that's the case, will I just get an empty, quasi-RPG experience from this game?

I'm sure the setting is outstanding and all the descriptions given in the Original Tolkien trilogy about the War in the North sounded amazing; but if this title turns out to be a button mashing Hack'n Slash simply *set* during a cool looking conflict, but with hollow main characters (i.e. The Fellowship of 3)it's likely I'll pass on this.

Still, as Cam said, the game's in early development and Snowblind, thankfully, appears to be taking their time with it, so hopefully it will grow in complexity from here till when-ever the release date is.

Aug 12, 2010
@white_rabbit: Not to be pessimistic, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be "a button mashing Hack'n Slash simply *set* during a cool looking conflict, but with hollow main characters". Honestly, I'm fine with that because I love "beat em' ups" but I can definitely understand your want for more. Still, I just don't think its going to happen. Since they can post LotR on the package, it'll probably sell some regardless of the effort they put into it so why not half-ass it?

Dec 12, 2010
I want this game! I absolutely love games where I am supposed to play with friends but unfortunately my friends dont play this kind of game

Jun 22, 2005
if this plays like or better than the LOTR hack and slash games that came out with the last gen systems, I'll be a very happy boy indeed.

Apr 28, 2010
Hopefully this game won't be too linear and will allow the player to explore Middle Earth a bit. Having good combat is important but I really have always wanted a LOTR game that allows you to explore Middle Earth.

Feb 10, 2011
Looks good, good graphics dynamic gameplay. Hope it doesn't fall into the same trap some of the other LOTR games we've been subjected to have.

Dec 9, 2010
I would like to see a LOTR game with similar looks and attributes to the upcoming Skyrim from Bethesda. That would be cool because then you COULD explore middle earth, not just the north or the south but both: from Rivindell and the Shire all the way down to Barad-Dur and the desert land of Harad.

May 24, 2009
Being able roam freely would be awesome and I hope that is included in this game. I wonder if you HAVE to be the dwarf to be the melee fighter? I mean, can you be an elf melee fighter? I think probably not, but who knows? Also, I wonder what the controls will be for this on pc?

ezjohny

Noob
Oct 24, 2010
I'm a "PC gamer" that like's to see "AWESOME" Detail and Physics when I GamePlay!!! Looks good but will it pull good ratings!