Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1154228p1.html]The Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Form Your Own Fellowship[/link]
by Cam Shea

Summary:
Why slay orcs on your own when you could do it with friends? We kick co-op ass in the Misty Mountains. Plus - brand new screens and a brutal new trailer. [link=http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1154228p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

benmaney1

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 8, 2009
I would like to know if the characters are set, or if I can choose what I want to play as, such as a male elf instead of a female.

Apr 26, 2010
I wonder how much you will be able to customize the members of your Fellowship. (ex. 3 Human Rangers or 2 Dwarves and 1 Ranger etc.) It would be nice to design your own team by race, class, gender, etc. as opposed to the manditory Ranger, Dwarf, Elf team combo as mentioned above.

CH80

Noob
Oct 4, 2008
Is this online co-op only, or is there local co-op like drop in drop out as well?

benmaney1

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 8, 2009
Mr.HankScorpio, that is a great idea as well. I also wonder if you have to have the warrior, ranger, mage combo or if you could have, say, two rangers and a warrior?

Jul 6, 2010
the lord of the rings is the best fantasy book/movies! i hope the gameplay isn't just like the third video game, but i did enjoy that one quite a bit! i LOVED the third age though! i wanna play this game so bad!

Aug 11, 2008
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King = Best LOTR Video Game Ever. Hopefully this game can out do that.

jaredisaacs

Prime Member
Oct 7, 2008
This could actually be really good, I don't have high hope but it is one to watch and in the books the war in the north is barely talked about giving the game many possibilities.

tonytough

Noob
Nov 18, 2010
I think this could also be great to have a MOVE option. Use the gladiator and archery from sports champions and the mage capabilities from sorcery and it could be something I'd love to play. I still can't believe we don't have a multiplayer Medival (COD type) game yet for the MOVE. Who wouldn't love to shoot their buddies with a bow and arrow using a MOVE. That would involve more skill then a spray and pray machine gun. LOL.

Vhaius

Noob
Nov 15, 2010
After watching the vid, I couldn't help but think: 'This is what Dragon Age 2 combat was going to look like.'

IriathZhul

Noob
Jan 29, 2011
Here's my solution for cliched characters:

A Gimli wannabe, Aragorn in a dress, and a typically gruff Scottish elf.

elgranpimp

Noob
Mar 2, 2010
Really hoping that this game is good! There is a serious lack of good LONG co-op games out on the market. The last game to pull off the long co-op concept was Borderlands. This game needs to be good!

EJStrat

Noob
Jan 12, 2011
I really hope this game turns out. I want a good action/adventure co-op to play with my brothers.

I see they took a cue from dragon age with the bloody character models, and learned from their mistakes, in that not every battle covers you from head to toe in blood. (in DA even your character's back was covered in blood, it was absolutely ridiculous.) oh, and blood doesn't spatter in the same exact way every time you finish a battle lol

Punker_29

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 9, 2010
Portugal
When will there be a game that gives Tolkien's Middle Earth in open world? That would kick ass! I don't mean every little place in the books and obviously not the same distance but the major places and their residents in LOR triology and The Hobbit would kick ass

UKBrett

Noob
Oct 3, 2010
@Punker_29 - A game like The Elder Scrolls set in Middle Earth? Man, that combination would steal some hours away from me.

Aug 23, 2010
Is the game open world or linear and straightforward? I ask because looting is more common in open world RPGs than linear games. Other than that, the game looks visceral, fast, and cool, but it needs to be faithful to the source material.

awesomatt

Noob
Feb 2, 2011
That Is more brutal than anything ive ever seen even though theres not that much blood its still brutal kombat cant wait to see the esrb rating

Jerd25

Noob
Mar 21, 2008
Nice write up, wonder if they are going to pull off some nice graphics along with all this gameplay stuff. Hopefully the combat will be very fluent and the true king will once again rise.

Lokai08

Prime Member
Jun 16, 2006
Sounds pretty good. I just hope they polish it enough and add enough content to make it worthwhile. I also hope they make varying mission types, so its not all just one big hack and slash.

cbrevik

Noob
Jun 21, 2010
I don't know if this has been mentioned implicitly before, so I'll ask here. Is the co-op online only? Or is there local co-op as well?

Nathanmlane

Prime Member
Feb 5, 2010
No one buy this the server will be down within a week like before. 2 months boom ea take servers down.

zgmfx

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 4, 2004
Does that mean these are the only 3 classes? I don't get to have a human melee, or an elf archer? I HAVE to use a ranger, a dwarf tank, and an elf mage?

Feb 12, 2011
I think this game has the potential to be great, i love the co op idea i always wanted to play a game like dragon age with a buddy

gnfnr2k

Prime Member
Apr 5, 2001
Why couldnt they just make the gameplay like the old school BGs and Norrath games? UGH This looks like that crappy gameplay from those LOTR games on ps2

Nov 16, 2009
Definately looking forward to this. Not just because I'm a huge Tolkien fan but I have been looking forward to a good LOTR game and this could be it.

Moze93

Noob
Mar 3, 2011
Loved the return of the king game and love LOTR, i hope this doesn't turn out to be a disappointment

Superzone13

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 14, 2009
I'm very excited for this. I've been waiting a long time for a truly great LotR game and this looks like it will be it.

HaloMaggot

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 10, 2005
I love The Lord of the Rings (movies and books), but this isn't looking too good so far. I'll reserve judgment until I play it, though.

Jun 30, 2010
so HaloMaggot, you think it's not looking good. as opposed to the utterly terrible LOTR Conquest, this is miles better.

looking forward to it, what with DA2, ME3 and Skyrim all coming out this year aswell it looks like i'll be playing nothing but rpgs.

levi221

Mr.Banbollow
Feb 12, 2005
I'm really looking forward to this not because its a LOTR game but because Snowblind rocks at doing looters.

gregsuarez

Prime Member
Apr 24, 2001
Does anyone else think it's pathetic that it took Warner Bros. a full decade to figure out they should make this game?

Aug 22, 2010
Better late than never.............. Hell NO! this should have been made a loooong long time ago........................................................... lol