DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
I'm having a really good time with it, but totally disagree on performance. There are regular frame rate dips when playing with the physics engine.

It doesn't bother me much, but it's definitely there.

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
Using a cartridge or download? I know Pokemon was different performance depending on which version you played. I am download for Zelda.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
We are playing it today. As on sitting in the couch. So it’s a lot more fun because BoTW is an all time favorite and so far this seems to have better gameplay over all. More to do. Visually it’s nice and about what I expected.

So far so good.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
All time favorite of his *

Yeah it’s really good. I’m shocked. We jammed on it all day. Big game….

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
The Depths is the first part of the game I have come across that are kind of lame. They appear to be largely optional, though.

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
I think I did six temples last night. I'm up to 9 heart containers and I've figured out how to make some better weapons, so I'm both less squishy and more lethal.

Still need some decent armor though.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Great game and I don’t know why I don’t obsess over it. I’m still playing other stuff so much like BotW, I suspect this will be a slow and silent 300+ hour game for me. I just consistently played BotW over 5 years.

Just not my main jam. Weird. But where BotW just missed all time favorite for me, this feels like enough of more (breakable weapons I do get. It probably is the best for this game) it could cross the finish line.

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
I'm fine with breakable weapons, I just wish the durability was higher. I often go through multiple weapons on one enemy when I'm facing tougher dudes. That's ridiculous.

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
The way the fusion system works in this one makes it tolerable for me. I can almost anything into a decent weapon quickly. In BotW, I hated it. This is the superior game to me.

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
I was mistaken on where the holy shit story moments were at. It was at the tail end of one of the two ways to get the Master Sword. I did the story method. There is evidently a more combat heavy way to do it.

I am currently at:

3/4 sages
Master Sword
59 Shrines
All towers
15 hearts
2 and 1/6 stamina wheels

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
Uh, did my first temple today. It was fine, not nearly as fun as the open world exploration.

I'm trucking along with just two stamina upgrades so far. I haven't seen a good reason to prioritize stamina yet. It's not like BotW where so much content was locked behind climbing challenges.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
I didn’t get hooked that’s all I can say. I like it a lot but I’m half tempted to buy the new Jedi game for Sunday morning gaming.

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
I'm hooked. It's not perfect, but it nails exploration, similar to Elden that way.

If it had proper OG Zelda style dungeons it might be an all time great for me. As is, it's floating in that 9-10 range after 35 hours.

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
I've had a lot of fun with this game today. Spent a lot of time on some sky islands on the far east end of the map. The area was full of fun little challenges and discoveries.

Had somewhat less fun in the Depths, but still a good time.

StevieFix

Noob
May 28, 2023
I've watched a bunch of videos but waiting to find it for under $70. I can't bring myself to accept this new price point.

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
I am at the last quest. It is time... To break this bad boy. [face_devil]

Totk is a fun game to play straight. However, I am not grinding shit and it is fun as hell when you break it. I am breaking the hell out of it before I beat it. I will probably beat it tomorrow evening.

Tomorrow will be duping items. Beating world bosses. Doing shrines. I may gather the mats/dupe shit and try to create one of those orbital death platforms you see on the internet.

I love this game. Best 3D Zelda.

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
Beat it.

86 Shrines
Main questline
Some side quests
Some world bosses
Maxed stamina and 21/40 hearts

I loved this game. The end feels soooo satisfying. They nailed the characters on this one. I don't want a third game with these incarnations of Link and Zelda, but this sequel is great.

I won't say more except that, when going for the master sword, don't just do the quick combat path, Deku Tree. Do the longer story path, geoglyphs. You can do the Deku Tree stuff after you get the Master Sword.

Maybe my favorite Zelda for a one off. LttP has a lot more repeatability and I doubt I will ever play this one again. However, this one just nailed it.

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
Making progress.

• 61 shrines
  • 2 temples
  • 12-14 heart containers?
  • Master Sword
  • An extra wheel of stamina
  • One extra battery
  • Several upgraded armor pieces, but only one great fairy so far
  • Maybe 10 light sources in The Depths? That hasn't been a ton of fun or a big priority for me.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Completely fell off this horse. Diablo killed it dead. I’ll have to start over when I’m ready to play again.