-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
D

deleted-4439668

Original poster
Also pre ordered using the tickets, I will probably spend way too much time fiddling with crafting experiments and not progressing. I guess I don’t care about spoilers Too much for this game because spoiler: it will probably end with link saving Zelda, lol. Then again with the current political climate likely Zelda and her new female partner save link instead, shrug

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
Also preordered digital via ticket. Don't care about spoilers. I rarely do. This Zelda is pretty cool. I currently predict she comes through in the clinch but Link pulls off the win.

I am good with that.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
No trouble avoiding spoilers but you can’t spoil Zelda. It’s all about gameplay and the story is meaningless. You’d have to watch a play through that spoils gameplay and I’m sure there’s a ton to spoil there.

Games going to ooze gameplay. Just not visuals or story…..

D

deleted-4439668

Original poster
Might be banned, but I will be playing this with you guys in spirit.

Fetts_Vette

Radioactive Lizard
May 17, 2012
Monster Island
My wife went out and bought a Pro controller last night in preparation for the new Zelda. Some of our existing Joy Cons drift and she doesn't want to be fighting a shitty controller while playing one of her most anticipated games. She basically plans on playing it all day Saturday. Right now she has plans to do a bunch of gardening on Sunday, but I wouldn't be surprised if she decides to just play all that day too.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
My friend who was excited for Zelda hit a real rough patch last month. I’m not mentioning it at all. I’ll probably play it when he finally does. It might not be this year but I think by fall it’ll turn around.

D

deleted-4439668

Original poster
IGN posted their review. They gave it a 10/10. Can’t wait to play

IgglooV2

Star
Nov 10, 2013
My wife went out and bought a Pro controller last night in preparation for the new Zelda. Some of our existing Joy Cons drift and she doesn't want to be fighting a shitty controller while playing one of her most anticipated games. She basically plans on playing it all day Saturday. Right now she has plans to do a bunch of gardening on Sunday, but I wouldn't be surprised if she decides to just play all that day too.

Mother's Day present: "You can play Zelda all day"

D

deleted-4439668

Original poster
I dislike how good this game is lol, it’s going to be taking up so much of my time

love the crafting and fusing systems. Just wish weapons didn’t break so quickly

IgglooV2

Star
Nov 10, 2013
My nephew called to tell me I need to play it, he just got home from his freshman year of college and bought it. He says it is better than Breath of the Wild in nearly every way.

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
Leaving work early. Also got enough work done that I only need to work a few hours this weekend. Not too bad. Have nothing else going this weekend.

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
Finished the Wind Temple. 8 hearts. +2 stamina. Very good game.

Also, holy hell the things people are posting online torturing the Koroks. :^O

D

deleted-4439668

Original poster
you guys are way ahead of me, I’m still on the third shrine of the opening area with the constructs lol. Real life stuff came up but I’ll get to this eventually it seems promising

HotDoommaN

No Longer a Noob
Sep 14, 2004
Canada
Got it yesterday but until I finish breath of the wild I cannot move to the next one. Tears looks insane though. I love the build anything you want kind of thing.

D

deleted-4439668

Original poster
I never finished Breath of the Wild and don’t intend to, why do you feel like you must finish that first

HotDoommaN

No Longer a Noob
Sep 14, 2004
Canada
I never finished Breath of the Wild and don’t intend to, why do you feel like you must finish that first

I'm trying to finish it since 2017... Its like the end goal every year.
Its a good game but not sure why people going bananas about it. Maybe I outgrown my fond of Zelda since N64.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
I'm trying to finish it since 2017... Its like the end goal every year.
Its a good game but not sure why people going bananas about it. Maybe I outgrown my fond of Zelda since N64.
I don’t get it either. I’m sure I’ll like it, just like BotW. But Zelda meets Tony Hawk sort of sounds gimmicky to me. Just say’n.

I am off any news coverage though but I see 1million click bait videos for Zelda when I go to YouTube.

I just lean immersive sim or MP games I guess.

D

deleted-4439668

Original poster
Lol, of all the ways they could have rendered Banjo’s nose, they went with that. Huh

amtran

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2019
As someone who likes but wasn't crazy for BotW, how different is this? Are there more full-sized dungeons compared to BotW? Are the sky islands actually interesting?

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
I like what they are doing with the Zelda storyline in this one. Zelda is a character that managed to successfully find a modern voice.

Also, the physics engine is the real star of this game. It is a blast.

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
As someone who likes but wasn't crazy for BotW, how different is this? Are there more full-sized dungeons compared to BotW? Are the sky islands actually interesting?
It's similar with a few new layers, literally and figuratively. There are sky islands as you mentioned, plus

a large underground area that I haven't explored much yet.

I thought I read that there would be traditional dungeons, but I haven't found any yet. I'm not too deep though.

And as east said, the real star is the new building mechanic, which is physics based.

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
I read there are traditional dungeons. I have only done one temple so far. It wasn't that long but it was a lot more than a simple shrine.

Also, because of the physics engine, the shrines are a lot more fun in this one.

amtran

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 3, 2019
When you guys get to any traditional dungeons, I'd like hear your thoughts. I loved a lot of the puzzle shrines in BotW and enjoyed the Divine Beast dungeons, but not to the same degree that I love a traditional Zelda dungeon.

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
Had a good, short session tonight. Did a shrine, fused some good new weapons, reunited a couple of koroks, cleared out a cave.

Probably did about 0.25% of the game.

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
Sick an army of roombas on your enemies? Fun.

Sick an army of roombas armed with lightning, flame throwers, rocket launchers, and spiked rams?

[face_devil]

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
At half of the maximum available heart containers and half the possible stamina. Half the Zelda storyline segments and all but two towers.

I also did... One actual quest dungeon so far... At some point, I will need to get on that. :^O

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Voting with my pesos. MS kicked me in the crotch but I need a game for Monday morning. Talked to my buddy and no, he isn’t over it, but he’s ready to get TotK.

So scratch MS off the list for this months remaining pesos and I will buy Diablo 4 from retail. I think I’m stuck with Xbox for six months until my budget allows for another 500+ console.

I’m looking forward to it for sure. I’m sad about ESO being stuck on Xbox for me. Love the hardware but I made a bad console decision this gen to kick things off.

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
Two temples down. Most of the Zelda side storyline is done. Over a third of the shrines are done. All but one tower done.

Beat 3D Zelda. Best overall... Don't know. This or LttP.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Two temples down. Most of the Zelda side storyline is done. Over a third of the shrines are done. All but one tower done.

Beat 3D Zelda. Best overall... Don't know. This or LttP.
I’m afraid of the 30fps. I immediately notice in any video I see. It plays smooth, I take it.

east1226

Mod in a blue hat
★ MOD
Jun 6, 2012
Three temples down. I doubt this game is pulling a LttP or OOT in that there will be an entire second world. Could be wrong, but doubt it. Having said that, thoughts:

Do the geoglyphs. They are how you see Zelda's story. The overall story is a lot more impactful if you do. Don't wait to do them until finishing the temples. All four temples triggers a big event that has more meaning of you did the geoglyphs. (Saw some spoilers by accident. How I know.)

There are one or two big dungeons, but not too many. I just cheesed the heck out of one. (Stamina FTW.)

Physics engine is great. Everything has a couple of solutions. First game where I have ever cheered out "Physics bitch!" as I beat a dungeon/shrine/did something really cool.

Most characters are fun though a bit simplistic.

There is so much to do it would take ages to do it all.

Great game. Likely my GotY.