Status
Not open for further replies.

PDarkLink

I peed in the pool
Jul 8, 2001
43UreDj.gif

Welcome to this year's Off-Topic thread for the Zelda Board! Each year a new thread is posted on January 1st by a different user, usually a board moderator, but in this case by a moderator-approved (barely) user.

:::NOTE:::

This thread is an off-topic thread, not a no-topic thread. It is not an AIM conversation, and it is not a chat-room. Please do not use it to spam with vacuous and one-lined/single word posts. Remember to follow the board rules in regards to spam. If the OT gets spammy, it will be locked for a period of time. It has been done before and can be done again - no one wants that, so let's keep it clean.

The OT threads have been the backbone of this board's community almost since its foundation, a place for the users of each era to get to know each other and grow close together. Or a place for everyone to lament how awful the mods are while waiting for the next opportunity to get TOPS. As long as you follow IGN's Terms & Rules you can post almost anything you want.

So sit down, take a sip of Grandma's Soup and make some new friends!

Why this title?

Many, many Termina moons ago, [URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/link64gogetta.4312319/']@Link64Gogetta[/URL] and I started a battle for the first post on each page of the OT thread. While I was the one who bragged about getting the post that every user would have to look at first before scrolling through all the replies, Gogetta deserves the credit for being the first to use the word "top". From that moment forward, many great battles have taken place over the ages to earn the great, temporary honor of getting TOPS!

We are also a bunch of folks that like saving princesses.

Previous OTs (That haven't been murdered by the illustrious auto-lock)

Official Legend of Zelda Board Off-Topic Thread Version 2.1
Official Legend of Zelda Board Off-Topic Thread Version 2.4
Official Legend of Zelda Boad Off-Topic Thread Version 1.337
Official Legend of Zelda Board Off-Topic Thread: Version 2.1
Official Legend of Zelda Board Off-Topic Thread Version 2.3
Official Legend of Zelda Board Off-Topic Thread Version 3.0
The Legend of Zelda Board Off-Topic Thread -- Copper Version
The Legend of Zelda Board FAQ/Guidelines/Off-Topic Thread
The Legend of Zelda Board Guidelines/Off-Topic Thread(New Users Please Read)
The Legend of Zelda Board Guidelines/Off-Topic Thread (New Users Please Read)
The Legend of Zelda Board Guidelines/Off-Topic Thread: Copper Version (New Users Please Read)
The Legend of Zelda Board Guidelines/Off-Topic Thread: Adamantium Edition (New Users Please Read)
The Legend of Zelda Board Guidelines/Off-Topic Thread: Titanium Edition (New Users Please Read)
The Legend of Zelda Board Off-Topic Thread: Depleted Uranium Edition
The Legend of Zelda Board Off-Topic Thread: Diethyleneglycol Edition
The Legend of Zelda Board Off-Topic Thread: Viru Valge Edition
The Legend of Zelda Board Off-Topic Thread: Apollo Edition
Legend of Zelda Board Off-topic Thread: Twilight Edition
The Legend of Zelda Board Off-Topic Thread: Fierce Deity Edition
The Legend of Zelda Board Off-Topic Thread: Elegy of Ikana Edition
The Legend Of Zelda Board Off-Topic Thread: Terminian Tranquility Edition
The Legend of Zelda Board Off-Topic Thread: Koholint Awoken Edition
The Legend Of Zelda Board Off-Topic Thread: Cataclysm's Eve Ascending Edition
The Legend Of Zelda Board Off-Topic Thread: Kinstone Conclave Edition
The Legend Of Zelda Board Off-Topic Thread: Cake Sucks Deku Nuts Edition
The Legend of Zelda Board Off-Topic Thread - Goddess' Blessing: Courage, Wisdom, Power Edition
The Legend Of Zelda Board Off-Topic Thread: Squadala, We Are Off... ....Topic Edition

Quiet-Giant

~Don't forget to LIM~
Jun 8, 2006
Florida
I have no clue where this is going, but past experiences tell me to just roll with it. Here's to this either succeeding or to someone posting the official one for 2016. ~o)

Twilight_Prince12

King of TL;DR
Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Here's to the community; All five of us!
Hey, it's a release year, have faith.
That's why "grow and flourish edition" would have been the best title ever and totally amazing.

Actually though, I still remember when I came here, and saw "tops!" and assumed it was a huge tradition done on every board with pages ever (how could it not, really?). It's fun finally reading a little bit more about how it came to be, and that Piddle didn't do it completely alone, either.

PDarkLink

I peed in the pool
Jul 8, 2001
That's why "grow and flourish edition" would have been the best title ever and totally amazing.

Actually though, I still remember when I came here, and saw "tops!" and assumed it was a huge tradition done on every board with pages ever (how could it not, really?). It's fun finally reading a little bit more about how it came to be, and that Piddle didn't do it completely alone, either.
Fun fact: Tops used to be the 50th or 100th post. Then the format of the boards changed, making it the 51st/101st post, meaning there are many tops that became bottoms.

-edit- I miss DEC69's ASCII art, due to the image size limitations that the boards used to have.

Last edited:

DallasJR

Landing Guy
Jul 9, 2007
DK and Zelda crossover with DK as Princess Zelda, hardcore sex scenes between DK and Link rated E10+

PDarkLink

I peed in the pool
Jul 8, 2001
Time to fill this OT with the most posts of all time.

Even if I have to do it single-handedly.

-Absolute-

Mod with a Silly Hat
Dec 12, 2007
Smash
Status
Not open for further replies.