Mr-Chris

Smashing!
May 16, 2009
Corneria (England :P)
Posting in 2021

Mad to think about 10 years ago I would always come to IGN Boards and of course this board and communicate with y'all but not anymore. Times do be changing indeed. Used to have discussion threads, fun threads, board awards ahhh... I'm such a different person to then but I'm still glad I came here. Hope everyone is well [face_peace]

Edit: I just checked my 10k thread what a nostalgia blast lmao, and that video I made too goodness

Last edited:

The_Dark_Link

No Longer a Noob
Feb 20, 2006
Do you guys have any video game recommendations? Not really sure what I'm doing with my life right now, but I think playing more video games would be a good start (for some reason). It could be older or newer game recommendations (for whatever systems/virtual console/etc.). I've played most Zelda games (if anything I would replaying some of them), so I'm trying to think outside of the box here. I have a few games in my backlog, but I just wanted to know what people are recommending/playing nowadays. Thanks.

Also, are people using this OT or the post-2020 version?

Last edited:
D

deleted-152110

Original poster
What systems do you have and what genres do you like

mariotunic

No Longer a Noob
Jan 27, 2004
Eyooo

The new Monster Hunter Rise has been a ballin' entry in the series.

Subnautica, The Long Dark, and My Time At Portia were great Steam games.

I haven't played the new Link's Awakening remake. The Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass were fun. They also have that Skyward Sword HD remake.

CrusherMania1592

Crush them all!
Apr 4, 2008
Where the wind flows
Indeed. I usually use something Tokyo Joshi themed instead, but I’ve recently gotten back into Stardom, and Starlight’s turn to the dark side played a big role in piquing my interest again.
Nice to see more wrestling fans on here too. I've been watching New Japan Pro Wrestling over the last few years and it's at my #2. Stardom I need to take a look at more

Kamurocho_Freak

𝔐𝔬𝔬𝔫 𝔊𝔬𝔡𝔡𝔢𝔰𝔰 𝔚𝔬𝔯𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔢𝔯
★ MOD
Apr 24, 2010
Aokigahara
Nice to see more wrestling fans on here too. I've been watching New Japan Pro Wrestling over the last few years and it's at my #2. Stardom I need to take a look at more

And I need to try New Japan at some point, though not sure I can keep up with a fourth promotion full time.

Currently I watch TJPW, which is my favourite, alongside Stardom and AEW. WWE I will usually watch the monthly PPV, but can’t find it in me to sit through 3 hours of RAW every week, lol.

CrusherMania1592

Crush them all!
Apr 4, 2008
Where the wind flows
And I need to try New Japan at some point, though not sure I can keep up with a fourth promotion full time.

Currently I watch TJPW, which is my favourite, alongside Stardom and AEW. WWE I will usually watch the monthly PPV, but can’t find it in me to sit through 3 hours of RAW every week, lol.
I usually end up with Smackdown. NXT and Raw I don't have the time for anymore. AEW and NJPW are my to go to wrestling these days

D

deleted-152110

Original poster
I accidentally clicked a bookmark on my phone and ended up here. I then HAD to log in and poke around. I mean, that’s required right?
As long as you aren't looking to help with with my car's extended warranty I guess you can stay.

Dreamy

No Longer a Noob
Nov 19, 2019
Louisiana
Hey, everyone. I had my username changed from DreamyDream to Dreamy. I see a whole bunch of old users on here. We have been on this board for years. It's good to see you guys.

IF_MASTER_1

Super Star
Mar 14, 2005
Every time someone posts here it notifies me how depressing this place has become

I think message boards altogether are all but heading in the direction of extinction honestly. Crazy to think that even a place like Facebook is heading towards irrelevancy like MySpace (but not nearly as close yet)

But that is the sad truth of aging. Those of us who grew up here have less and less time to commute and the new blood always finds something new (tik tok)

I will say that it is kinda bizarre that IGN hasn't done away with the boards though, at least the least trafficky ones. This literally the only place on the internet where I can dig up posts I've made back in 2002 more or less. For better or for worse, it is nice to see how far someone's come in terms of maturity [face_tongue]

How's your kid BTW man?

link223

Fierce Deity VIP
Feb 15, 2003
Tesoro Azul
I think message boards altogether are all but heading in the direction of extinction honestly. Crazy to think that even a place like Facebook is heading towards irrelevancy like MySpace (but not nearly as close yet)

But that is the sad truth of aging. Those of us who grew up here have less and less time to commute and the new blood always finds something new (tik tok)

I will say that it is kinda bizarre that IGN hasn't done away with the boards though, at least the least trafficky ones. This literally the only place on the internet where I can dig up posts I've made back in 2002 more or less. For better or for worse, it is nice to see how far someone's come in terms of maturity [face_tongue]

How's your kid BTW man?
Multiplied. Just had boy number 2!

adidas198

Click here to ban.
★ MOD
Dec 27, 2004
Southern California
I was not aware the Zelda boards was still around [face_tongue] I still remember being a 15 year old n00b with not a care in the world, aside from what games were coming out. Now me and my girlfriend are thinking of having babies and buying a house.

How's your kid BTW man?
I think Facebook still has plenty of life, as long as they adapt of course. Things like Reddit and Discord will definitely take out message boards like IGN. If IGN wants the boards to have more life, they need to include it on their main page like VGChartz does.

IF_MASTER_1

Super Star
Mar 14, 2005
I was not aware the Zelda boards was still around [face_tongue] I still remember being a 15 year old n00b with not a care in the world, aside from what games were coming out. Now me and my girlfriend are thinking of having babies and buying a house.

I think Facebook still has plenty of life, as long as they adapt of course. Things like Reddit and Discord will definitely take out message boards like IGN. If IGN wants the boards to have more life, they need to include it on their main page like VGChartz does.

I don't think IGN cares about the message boards honestly. It's always been more of an after thought. Lol

Multiplied. Just had boy number 2!

Congratulations man. From what I've seen not just from me but from family and everyone else, the second child is the wildest one, specially boys so enjoy. [face_tongue]