CorrodedCataclysm

No Longer a Noob
Mar 14, 2006
pretentioushipster said:
pretentioushipster said:
MrMVP91 said:
Red Sox are 77-0 this season when leading after 8 innings.
77-1 is the new 18-1.

pretentioushipster said:
pretentioushipster said:
pretentioushipster said:
pretentioushipster said:
pretentioushipster said:
pretentioushipster said:
pretentioushipster said:

[image=http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif] [image=http://i43.tinypic.com/262w6di.gif]

sdevito

Super Star
Nov 19, 2000
By the way, have there ever been 2 shorter HR in the history of that stadium than the one to tie it and the one to win it?

Balcor13

Super Star
Oct 12, 2003
so watching that Crawford replay again if he plays it safe and doesn't go for the catch he probably gets Reimold at the plate

MrMVP91

Say My Name
Feb 10, 2009
pretentioushipster said:
I wonder how Carl Crawford feels right now.
- Let Crawford go to Boston
- Let Wade go to the Yankees

then ...

- Crawford fails on the final play of the Red Sox's season
- Wade gives up the tying HR with 2 outs to save the Rays' season

It was all a part of the plan.

Jan 20, 2001
MrMVP91 said:
pretentioushipster said:
I wonder how Carl Crawford feels right now.
- Let Crawford go to Boston
- Let Wade go to the Yankees

then ...

- Crawford fails on the final play of the Red Sox's season
- Wade gives up the tying HR with 2 outs to save the Rays' season

It was all a part of the plan.
HOLY **** YOU'RE RIGHT! [face_shock]

C-HOX

A wild Hochevar appeared!
Jan 8, 2005
[image=http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1160337_o.gif]

rwilly_bball_13

Peyton Manning's Butler
Dec 13, 2003
Imagine that clubhouse. Losing on a walk off and pretty much right when they are all filing into the clubhouse and turning the TV on Evan Longoria drops a huge stinky dump on their collective chests. Ouch.

dodger561

No Longer a Noob
Oct 15, 2001
I wish I could marry this night. Bill Simmons must have polished two bottles of ambien after that walk off.

Balcor13

Super Star
Oct 12, 2003
dodger561 said:
I wish I could marry this night. Bill Simmons must have polished two bottles of ambien after that walk off.

probably took his dog for a walk on the 10 fwy

bryan12112

Star
Apr 13, 2001
Unbelievable night to cap off the 9 game September comeback. It's amazing how everything just fell into place. Triple play, two ex-Rays, Crawford and Soriano, playing a part in the Rays making it in, Joyce HR, Johnson again, Longoria playing out of his ****ing mind.

BigDan245 said:
lol Carl Crawford...How fitting.

I love it.

CorrodedCataclysm said:
THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE, GUYS

Same here!

sdevito said:
By the way, have there ever been 2 shorter HR in the history of that stadium than the one to tie it and the one to win it?

This just goes right along with every other improbable thing that happened. You hardly ever see any home runs hit in those spots, and then the Rays get 'em back-to-back. Seriously, WTF.

I know it's easy to say this now, but regardless of what happens from here on out, this season has been a success. I will never forget it.

Aug 27, 2001
Crawford looked really lazy on that play, tbh. I expected him to catch that, and if not, i expected a throw with much more urgency.

gimme_a_dollar714

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 2, 2004
I was there... I was at the Rays game. Oh my god this is such a beautiful night.

Even better coming back and reading the reactions in this thread. When the scoreboard announced the Orioles tied it, and then when the Red Sox lost, the place EXPLODED. Even if it was only about half full at that point. Lots of people left after about the 7th inning, and I can't really blame them. But this is baseball, and it's never over until it's over.

I seriously almost cried.

bshorty1211

No Longer a Noob
Jul 22, 2002
It was a collapse within a collapse. That means I must be dreaming and there can only be one man behind this...

[image=http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/052011/inception-meme-th.jpg]

Feb 15, 2001
gimme_a_dollar714 said:
I was there... I was at the Rays game. Oh my god this is such a beautiful night.

Even better coming back and reading the reactions in this thread. When the scoreboard announced the Orioles tied it, and then when the Red Sox lost, the place EXPLODED. Even if it was only about half full at that point. Lots of people left after about the 7th inning, and I can't really blame them. But this is baseball, and it's never over until it's over.

I seriously almost cried.

How many people left early?

sdevito

Super Star
Nov 19, 2000
bryan12112 said:
I still can't believe Crawford didn't make that catch.

I thought it hit his glove when I first saw it but it didn't, it landed just short. But the throw... A good throw and they probably would have had him.

sdevito

Super Star
Nov 19, 2000
What I haven't seen (but really want to) is a reaction shot of the Yankees bench/players when Longoria hit the walk-off.

Jun 13, 2001
sdevito said:
What I haven't seen (but really want to) is a reaction shot of the Yankees bench/players when Longoria hit the walk-off.

Since they knew Boston had just lost, I would expect some solid smirks or grins.

Triple_H_TheGame

The Title of Titles
Jan 29, 2006
sdevito said:
They were jumping up and down and high fiving eachother too but the cameras obviously couldn't show that.

Seriously though some were probably happy

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_09_28_nyamlb_tbamlb_1&mode=recap&c_id=nyy

Balcor13

Super Star
Oct 12, 2003
sdevito said:
bryan12112 said:
I still can't believe Crawford didn't make that catch.

I thought it hit his glove when I first saw it but it didn't, it landed just short. But the throw... A good throw and they probably would have had him.

said it earlier in the thread but i honestly believe if he plays that off the short hop he has a far greater chance of getting the guy at the plate then having to hop up and get nothing on the throw

sdevito

Super Star
Nov 19, 2000
I can't t think of a more exciting finish to any season that this. Only football has a chance of coming this close but to have both the Braves and the Red Sox do this, and the Rays and Red Sox games end within minutes of each other both after epic comebacks.... I can't even imagine any regular season day in sports topping this.

ThunderFist17

No Longer a Noob
Nov 16, 2011
Harlem
Best night ever, I remember celebrating with my friends in my dorm. Also this thread is hilarious. It's just Kato being a bitch, to people saying it can't happen to these tied to lol Papelbon to infinite lols.

FF_Barret

Beware the Jabberwock my son...
Jul 17, 2002
Lost...
I remember this night...immediately after the Rays walkoff I called into Boston's main sports radio show and was on hold for about 20-30 minutes and then they started taking callers. I pretended to be a depressed Red Sox fan then dialed up the trolling to 11.

Boy, there's nothing about the end of the 2011 season I don't remember fondly!