Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2010
Michael Shannons a good actor, but in my opinion superman is a done and dusted flop comic to tv/film saga. the new batman revamp works because they made it dark/modern and interesting, i dont think they can do that with superman, plus the fact superman plots are more predicatable than a postmans mail route, oh no the bad guys here, superman will save the day.. unless.. the badguy has kryptonite, oh and so he does, superman weak for halfhour then frees himself in some uninteresting way, least with batman hes not invincible, giving this film a wide birth, stop rebooting franchises every damn 2 minutes, this isnt windows microsoft.

Apr 12, 2011
Well this movie was done already. Superman 2. Which was great! But this seems to be more of a remake of that movie. They can do this one good if there is a lot more action in it. And make it so Superman has to actually defend Earth this time. Think they will have an appearance of the Green Lantern in this one? Pull an Iron Man and have the Justice League show up slowly in all the DC movies? That's my guess. But Brainiac or Darkseid would be a better villain..

Fracassi

Noob
Jun 21, 2009
Wait, wasn't Terrance Stamp Jor-el? I'm so confused by the cast of Smallville lending themselves to far too numerous roles within the DC universe. Hell, I think John Glover is the worst of all.

Apr 12, 2011
Well I'd prefer they didn't do the whole flying to earth as a baby crap again. We've seen it a few times already. What can possibly be any different? Lois and Clark should already be married in the movie. Then Doomsday/Darkseid comes to Earth and starts the mayhem. That's the first 10 minutes of the movie. The last hour and a half is Superman fighting the new villain.

SCSAFan

Noob
Aug 15, 2008
@ omnytamer

Thank God that Tom Welling wasn't cast as SuperMan. This makes me more interested in seeing the film now, then if that horrible actor had been cast as SuperMan.

May 26, 2008
Is this a reboot or a sequel because the last movie seemed to be a reboot but came off like Super Man was just gone for awhile. The problem with Super Man is that his enemies are almost all intergalactic so they have to come to Earth, as opposed to Super Man losing his power flying away from a yellow sun. Note to future directors of Super man movies: NEW VILLAINS, PLEASE! We have seen Lex and Zod already!!

waldekzone

Noob
Oct 27, 2010
wow zod that is freaking original. do we really need another remake, i thought that was main problem with superman returns. out of your's doomsday, darkside, black adam, ultra men superboy prime, mongulm brainiac... snyder choose zod. snyder you are overrated unimaginative prick.

scionce

Noob
Jan 22, 2008
@ GhostofOnyx242 and all the other polish geniuses who keep bringing up superman ii:

i guess you fuck-tards didn't even bother watching TDK since that was a direct remake of tim burton's 1989 batman, huh? yeah because nolan (the same guy who's behind the superman reboot) didn't even bother to concoct a new story revolving around the joker character... he just remade batman (1989). when ledger was cast as the joker, i can guarantee at least 3/4 of these "this was already done in superman ii" idiots were crying like little stuck pigs about how he was too pretty and he could NEVER outdo nicholson's joker, let alone caesar romero's... fuckin fools... how do you review a film that hasn't even been shot yet?

arholman

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 27, 2007
I'm fairly excited by this film now. With a great list of actors attached, Nolan collaborating on the screenplay (he is, without a doubt, one of the best writer/directors out there), and Snyder directing... I'll get back to this, it's a film I've begun to follow intently.

Zack Snyder is a director that manages to turn others' stories into a visual stunner, his own (Sucker Punch), tend to be painful to watch. With so much source material for him to draw on, as well as a script penned by Nolan and Goyer on top of the prior films, this should be the kick in the ass our man of steel needs to make his way back into the average movie-goer heart.

GotChewZ

Noob
Sep 21, 2008
Great, Zod again. It's like they don't know any other villains.

Can't wait for the sequel. I wonder who is going to be villain next? Hm. Let's see:

1)Zod
2)Luthor
3)Luthor

Gee, could it be? Are they going for yet another refreshing take on Superman and bring Lex Luthor to the big screen...

It pretty much sucks, right now. And Sucker Punch was the worst film this year so far.

TheChamp06

Noob
Feb 16, 2006
Personally, I was hoping Robert Knepper would be considered for Zod. However, I like Michael Shannon. He's excellent on Boardwalk Empire. Very intimidating. Interested to see how he'll translate that into Zod.

Jun 18, 2009
Thats all DC ever does is just remake Batman and Superman movies. That's probably why the Green Lantern will be a nice change. Unfortunately Marvel is now following in the reboot trap. Lets remake every superhero movie every couple of years because the special effects have come further along or because the movie sucked and got bashed. Sorry you know what I take that back, it's the movie studios ideas to remake everything possible in hollywood. My question why don't they remake flops instead of hits, because the remakes of the hits always turn out to be flops. With the exception of True Grit.

Apr 12, 2011
screw zod they should choose darkseid now that could worth seeing also hope this superman has some hardcore fights in it for once is that too much to ask.

gsxrnomad

Noob
Nov 9, 2010
Leatle tiny Superman vs leatle tiny Zod (character created in previous films...NOT CANNON) and a fat Lois. This crapfest is going down the tubes. And what's with no 'Superman' in the title?!? Grasping for the 'TDK' feel? Ugggh...

Jun 14, 2005
*Yawn* Zod. I guess Darkseid and Brainiac were too intimidating for the team members behind this movie. At least Darkseid would have brought something new to the movie.

At least Zod will give Superman a physical fight. It'll be really nice to see someone who can actually take a punch from Kal-El going up against him, since we've been really lacking in action there. :D But is it too much to ask to see Darkseid on screen?! I would have even settled for Brainiac, because I would have loved to have seen that guy going up against Superman in a fight. I think the reason I like Darkseid is because I want to see a fully realized Superman and have him defending Metropolis from an invasion. We already know who Superman is, we don't need to see that bull**it again! >_> It's a good story, but it's been told to death. If you don't know who Superman is, you were either born very recently, or else you've never read a comic book in your life, or even watched TV! O_O There's a reason why Batman animated films can do this and end being some of the best in the series, better than their live action counterparts. :) You don't need to do an origin story with every film. Yes, I'm aware of the difficulties of translating those stories to the big screen, but you can jump right in and start telling a good story, and people will buy it! :D They underestimate how much we're willing to accept, or let go in some cases.

I think the situation here is different than The Dark Knight. Because of Smallville, we've been bombarded with the Kryptonian stuff over the past few years, and some people are tired of it. They may 'feel' like Zod has been on the screen all the time, even though he was only in one movie (the first role was insignificant). We weren't bombarded with the Joker in the animated series and other TV shows - in fact, some of the best Batman stories in the animated series had nothing to do with the Joker! There were other villains for Batman to focus on - Ra's, Mr. Freeze, Bane...etc. The Joker was a good villain, but he wasn't always the focus. The Joker made an appearance in 'Mask of the Phantasm', but he wasn't the focus there. The focus was on Bruce Wayne's past with Andrea Beaumont and why he decided to become Batman. So we were seriously lacking in Joker action by the time The Dark Knight came around, in some people's eyes. :D I've seen people say that they can use this to build up to other villains. My fear is that they won't do this. If this movie is successful, they may decide to play it safe and give people what they 'think' the people want, more of the same, and so you would have Zod in the first one, Luthor in the second, and Zod returning in the third. They'd waste the opportunity, and so we wouldn't get to see any of those other villains in the movies, despite waiting several years for them.

"That's probably why the Green Lantern will be a nice change."

I agree. Even if the movie sucks, at least they're trying something new.

May 8, 2011
I KNOW I MAY GET BLASTED FOR THIS...BUT I DON'T CARE...BECAUSE OF THE DIRECTOR AND WRITERS SAID TO BE INVOLVED,I'M GONNA RESERVE JUDGEMENT...HOWEVER WE HAVE ALREADY SEEN ZOD...I HAVE NEVER SEEN A SUPERMAN MOVIE WITH BRANIAC,METALO,OR DARKSEID...I,IN ALL HONESTY THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE PUT DARKSEID IN THIS MOVIE...AND THE ACTOR THAT SHOULD PLAY HIM..."GET READY FOR THIS DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!" MICHAEL CLARK DUNCAN...YES I SAID IT...FOR THOSE WHO MAY NOT KNOW HIM...HE PLAYED KINGPIN IN THE DAREDEVIL MOVIE OF MARVEL COMICS...IMAGINE HIS VOICE,AND HIS PHYSICAL BUILD...WHEN YOU INSERT THOSE ATTRIBUTES WITH THE MAKEUP OR CGI TECH THEY HAVE NOW...THIS WOULD BE PERFECT,ASIDE OF THIS IDEA,IN MY OPINION,CHRISTOPHER REEVE WAS SO GOOD,THAT HE PRETTY MUCH RUINED THE SUPERMAN FRANCHISE FOR FUTURE ACTORS...HE WAS IN MY OPINION SUPERMAN..."THE SUPERMAN" NO ONE WILL EVER BE ABLE TO DO IT BETTER...WELL I SHOULD SAY I DON'T SEE ANYONE DOING IT BETTER BECAUSE I SAID THE SAME THING ABOUT HEATH LEDGER PLAYING THE JOKER...HE MADE JACK LOOK LIKE AN AMATEUR JOKER...ANYWAY WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THAT IDEA?

Status
Not open for further replies.