SimpsonsFan007

Calvin and Moddes
Oct 1, 2000
All, this is the new CT. Welcome to the new Rock Band Board!

I thought it fitting to have the stats as of the merge shown here.

~-~-~Rock Band Board CT~-~-~
Started: 5/7/2008 5:59 PM
Pages: 4744 (25ppp)

Now enjoy - this is for all off-topic conversation. TOS still applies, however. Have fun!

Last edited:

SimpsonsFan007

Calvin and Moddes
Oct 1, 2000
It's a part of the transition - they haven't lost their accounts. Not everything is fully migrated over.

SimpsonsFan007

Calvin and Moddes
Oct 1, 2000
He posted a bunch on these boards, and they merged when the migration happened. It'll all sort itself out though.

rpawson

Industry Rule #4080 - Board moderators are shady
Aug 1, 2000
So is there anyway to choose icons from the old boards for our new accounts?

SimpsonsFan007

Calvin and Moddes
Oct 1, 2000
Yeah, they're working on getting the whole database of icons from the old boards usable on these boards. But if you can get your hands on a copy of the file you want (say, using the Wayback Internet Archive Machine at archive.org) you can just upload it as your MyIGN avatar, which is now linked to these here boards.

SimpsonsFan007

Calvin and Moddes
Oct 1, 2000
And now, let's kick this off right - music sharing time. Rules - try your best to do a YouTube version of the song, so it'll embed right here in the thread. Also, to avoid it becoming a wall of songs that no one will listen to, you can only post a song once you've responded to the most-recently posted one. Of course, you can respond to any of the other ones, too. Sound fun?

I'll go first.

Ride - Dreams Burn Down
When those guitars first come in... Man.

billybobjoe1881

No Longer a Noob
Mar 19, 2006
I've never heard that song or band before and I found it enjoyable so far.

I'll go next: Rush - Nobody's Hero

Last edited:

the29joker

Rock Band Board Chairman of Joint Chiefs
Apr 4, 2008
Meet the new CT. Same as the old CT.

Just got back from Phantom Menace. It wasn't super in-your-face 3D, but it was still pretty damn sweet. The entire ending scene had me captivated once again.

stevebrownrocks

Rockband Boards Vice-President
Oct 30, 2007
The Edge of The Abyss
OK, so the new boards are here. I have a few questions;
[1]--How do I quote somebody's post?
[2]--Is there any way to change the way the screen looks? Like, can I make it gray, rather than white?
[3]--What's up w/ all the new icons?
[4]--Why is my old sig on here? I changed it over a month ago...
[5]--How do I check my board options?

Last edited:

SeymourDuncan17

Avoider of Natural Light
Aug 3, 2008
My computer desk
OK, so the new boards are here. I have a few questions;
[1]--How do I quote somebody's post? Click "Reply"
[2]--Is there any way to change the way the screen looks? Like, can I make it gray, rather than white? BOARDS MENU > Your Account > Preferences
[3]--What's up w/ all the new icons? Old icons didn't transfer over. New boards, bigger size, new grey background
[4]--Why is my old sig on here? I changed it over a month ago... Part of the transition I suppose
[5]--How do I check my board options? BOARDS MENU... assuming what I think you want is in there

~o)

Last edited:

stevebrownrocks

Oct 30, 2007
The Edge of The Abyss
Thanks SD. I really should've played around w/ it before I made that post. Just after I made it, I saw the tabs at the top. They're a bit hard to see, being red. I really wanna make this page gray though, it's easier on my eyes.
I still need to change my sig...

stevebrownrocks

Oct 30, 2007
The Edge of The Abyss
OK, after playing around, & trying to figure out where all the new boards are, I've finally gotten back here. What category is the RB board under? I entered "rockband", & it took me to the 360 lobby.[face_plain]
Apparently, there's a good bit of RB-related talk there. Maybe they should join our board, we take 360 users & PS3 users.

angiek76

Almost Not a Noob
May 26, 2009
Hey! It finally moved over :) Nice

@SBR You can change your board color by using the Boards Menu button (little black button at top & bottom of screen)

SimpsonsFan007

Calvin and Moddes
Oct 1, 2000
Steve, not sure if we can hide post-count. If we can I haven't found the ability to do so, as I would like to do that as well.

For Gray, just use the Board Menu, go into options, and you should be able to choose a classic theme.