Aug 23, 2012
Resident Evil 1.5 is now in the hands of a new collector. He wants to release it. When? In the next few months. He has FULL PROOF. Never before seen videos of the game, and never before seen photos. Here they are, with links to places:
4t34t.jpg

5y.jpg

4423.jpg

Trailer by him:

Now before you ask: "I thought the game was Biohazzard and japan subtitles only?"
It was. but the guy with the disk has access to the source code, and translated everything and changed it all. He is planning to complete what capcom did not in the game. This is amazing. We waited SO long.

You can see him and keep track of this on his youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBZork?feature=watch

Diecommunists

No Longer a Noob
Dec 14, 2011
Not excited in the least bit heck at least the RE2 we got was still survival horror doubt RE1.5 would be that great anyways still am curious to try it out though

F-Trunks

Sell mammoth ******g rake
Jan 20, 2001
those ape creatures look pathetic, hahaha. so glad someone pulled the plug on that.

ORIGINALJOECOOL

Don't F*** with the Original!
Nov 1, 2002
Am I excited? Hell Yes!!!!!! [face_dancing]
This has been the most sought after unreleased game. I've wanted to play this for years. I'm more excited at the thought of finally being able to play this than RE6. The only thing better than finding out RE 1.5 is being released in some form, is finding out while eating Blueberry Pop Tarts....which I am. This is awesome. :D

Now I'm going to have to get a controller to play it on. Thanks for posting this,cameron. [face_peace]

BahamutXXXX

Destiny Deserter
Aug 10, 2003
Canada, eh?
Am I excited? Hell Yes!!!!!! [face_dancing]
This has been the most sought after unreleased game. I've wanted to play this for years. I'm more excited at the thought of finally being able to play this than RE6. The only thing better than finding out RE 1.5 is being released in some form, is finding out while eating Blueberry Pop Tarts....which I am. This is awesome. :D

Now I'm going to have to get a controller to play it on. Thanks for posting this,cameron. [face_peace]

[face_talk_hand] Strawberry and S'more are where its at.

I'm interested to see what ideas they were going with at the time... what made them decide to scrap it so late in development and start from scratch.

ORIGINALJOECOOL

Nov 1, 2002
Don't you mess with my Blueberry! [face_shame_on_you]

Strawberry is okay. [face_tongue]

It seemed like at least setting wise Capcom had a lot of good ideas for 1.5...
The RPD rooms, the rushing water scene in the sewers. Also interesting that it seems the buddy system started there. Even though they mostly ditched that for the eventual 2, it's something to look back on and see how RE0 and 5,6, came about.

Neko_roar

I'm the menu sound you hear in RE2/CV
Oct 19, 2008
I thought the buddy system started with the original's conception in which it was meant to be an arcade shooter initially?

D

Deleted member 119

Original poster
OMG, those gorillas! :^O

I'd love to play this, mostly just to see what it would have been like.

Quick, someone get started on 3.5 next!!

Kamurocho_Freak

𝔐𝔬𝔬𝔫 𝔊𝔬𝔡𝔡𝔢𝔰𝔰 𝔚𝔬𝔯𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔢𝔯
★ MOD
Apr 24, 2010
Aokigahara
I've always had a weird fascination with this version of the game. If it does get released, I'll definitely check it out.

ORIGINALJOECOOL

Nov 1, 2002
Honestly,only 2 things looked bad to me in this game. The gorilla enemies and the Birkin monster(far inferior to 2's) But who cares,it's RE1.5! Playing something 'new' from that era has me giddy.
I miss the Capcom logo thing. I'm used to seeing that at the start on my RE games.
The sound effects, the music, just the aura of that gaming.Awesome feeling of nostalgia. I miss that.

Sep 1, 2012
He's going to complete it? I think that would be way more difficult than it sounds... I know it was playable but was it actually a game?
I'd sort of imagine that there weren't enough assets (painted backgrounds, etc) to constitute the whole thing, would he just use assets from RE2 then? Is that even doable? That sounds weird.

It would be great if people were able to dissect some of these games a bit more, since it seems like the old style of RE wasn't all that complicated-- pre-rendered backgrounds and a simple control scheme. If it was possible to modify something like say- the RE1 Remake, fans could make their own remake of RE2 and 3 using that engine with updated models, etc. But I guess without all of the knowledge of how the game works it's not really possible. Only Capcom, I'd imagine, has that sort of info.

Last edited:

IRMacGuyver

IR not supposed to be here
Jan 13, 2001
I thought the game was like 80% done. Seems like a pretty decent amount accomplished.
The ending 20% is still missing. I don't get how you can just make that up and be faithful to the original intentions.

Neko_roar

I'm the menu sound you hear in RE2/CV
Oct 19, 2008
I'd rather have 3.5, but this is still cool.

I was never around to get excited for RE 1.5, so I might be a bit biased when I agree with this. Plus, I much enjoyed the "supernatural" elements and allusion to Leon's potential grim fate in supposedly taking on Umbrella in a final showdown. At least, I remember that being one of the rumors on game...game something. Man, it's been so long I don't even remember the name of the website anymore.

I think it was called Gamespot, but then that show Gamespot TV came along around the time they decided to kick the bucket.

Black1983

God gave me style
Jul 16, 2004
Honestly,only 2 things looked bad to me in this game. The gorilla enemies and the Birkin monster(far inferior to 2's) But who cares,it's RE1.5!

I remember seeing birkin's old model in a game mag back before the RE2 released. The mag called it a "Super Zombie." When I got to play the game, I was looking forward to running into this "super zombie," and the first time I heard Birkin's scream in Leon's scenario, I though it was the Super Zombie. Turns out to be Birkin, and the super zombie never turns up at all. A decade later, I find out through RE1.5 concept art that the Super Zombie was in fact an early concept of Birkin. lol, no thanks. Final Birkin, in all his forms, is one of the best monster designs I've ever seen, and is my favorite monster of all time.

Anyway, I've been wanting to check out this version.

Last edited:

ORIGINALJOECOOL

Nov 1, 2002
Honestly,only 2 things looked bad to me in this game. The gorilla enemies and the Birkin monster(far inferior to 2's) But who cares,it's RE1.5!

I remember seeing birkin's old model in a game mag back before the RE2 released. The mag called it a "Super Zombie." When I got to play the game, I was looking forward to running into this "super zombie," and the first time I heard Birkin's scream in Leon's scenario, I though it was the Super Zombie. Turns out to be Birkin, and the super zombie never turns up at all. A decade later, I find out through RE1.5 concept art that the Super Zombie was in fact an early concept of Birkin. lol, no thanks. Final Birkin, in all his forms, is one of the best monster designs I've ever seen, and is my favorite monster of all time.

Anyway, I've been wanting to check out this version.

Yeah,that shit was weak lookin. My fave Birkin forms are the 4 armed and 'dog' forms.

ORIGINALJOECOOL

Nov 1, 2002
Super-Zombies.jpg

[face_cowboy]
No...we can fight back!! We have the firepower and technology to withstand........

68822555_large.jpg

Okay....now we're fucked. [face_cry]

daisu

Noob
Oct 12, 2004
Canada
I came back just because of this post. I really want to play this and return to the resident evil I had enjoyed even though it appears to be more like the beta of Ape Escape. Rather play ape escape then re6 right now [face_tongue]

This though is something that does not happen much, a beta released out this many years after. Now you must be all thinking, if they did this then they should be able to bring back Outbreak and give us rest of the content that was missing from there. Probably not XD They broke one awesome game into pathetic 5 games, releasing only 2. The file 3 which had hunk was unreleased, but was something like operation raccoon city. Outbreak series was the last time I had enjoyed a resident evil game. Missed playing with my forum pals:(

Last edited:

ORIGINALJOECOOL

Nov 1, 2002
I recently played DA again, this time finally with the GunCon2. It was great.

and no one knows Light Guns like Daisu knows Light Guns. ;)

daisu

Noob
Oct 12, 2004
Canada
As long as you can get pass the idea of such a weird metrosexual villain, DA not bad at all. It is not a rail shooter like house of the dead and darkside chronicles. Its just old RE but goes into first person mode when you aim. I really liked the beginning of dead aim, fighting on a steamliner was fun, other levels were blah. They even had stealth involve when fighting enemy that only attacks towards sound! You can also play with two people somewhat, by letting one use the controller while the other uses the guncon. I think hybrid system is better then some dumb railshooter, resident evil should have used this system again.

Guncons were around lot longer then wii controllers, people were so wowed by wii controllers but us guncons users it was not something new, we been using them for awhile, whats the big dif [face_confused] There are very few good guncon games, I think dead aim was one of the better ones.

Last edited:

ORIGINALJOECOOL

Nov 1, 2002
I think hybrid system is better then some dumb railshooter, resident evil should have used this system again.
200% agree. I don't care what anyone says,I had a LOT more fun playing DA than the stupid on rails chronicles.

Guncons were around lot longer then wii controllers, people were so wowed by wii controllers but us guncons users it was not something new, we been using them for awhile, whats the big dif [face_confused] There are very few good guncon games, I think dead aim was one of the better ones.

The GunCons are great. The Wii controllers are crap.
But you pointed out the prob with the GunCon games. I was just thinking bout this recently.
They didn't take advantage of the Gun controller by making plenty of good games to use them with.
The Time Crisis games are crap. Very overrrated series. Tried playing that with my nephew and we couldn't do it. Horrible VA/dialogue, shit save system, awkward controls,just not good.

Most of the games were the same/followed the same formula as the TC games. On rails crap and too short.
DA was THE best GunCon game hands down. There should have been more games like that. Regular games that you can use the GC controller with. They have that now with Move, etc but that should've been done during the PS2 cycle. if they just put alittle work into it, made more DA games, just longer and a little beefier,more quality put into it, the GC would've been around longer and been more successful.

Still miss that thread/list of yours. That was like the Ryo Timeline of GunCons. [face_cool]
Good to see you back my friend.

surprise1

A guy.
May 23, 2003
Not excited in the least bit heck at least the RE2 we got was still survival horror doubt RE1.5 would be that great anyways still am curious to try it out though
Not sure I follow. Do you think it's an action game? This is coming right off of the heels of RE1. They weren't changing genres or anything. They just scrapped most of it and made the RE2 we got.

Diecommunists

No Longer a Noob
Dec 14, 2011
Not sure I follow. Do you think it's an action game? This is coming right off of the heels of RE1. They weren't changing genres or anything. They just scrapped most of it and made the RE2 we got.

yeah I know that I just still think it didn't look nowhere as good in comparsion to the final build of RE2 however releasing 1.5 as the offical version of RE2 would be less of a blow then what happen to RE4 beta

Last edited: