DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
I haven't turned on my Xbox in a couple weeks but I'd expect there to be a patch, so yeah you might have to download something ahead of time.

Is there a day you'd be more likely to be around? We're not playing on all of those days. We're gonna pick one.
I’ll do any of those days if you decide by Sunday and pick a day, or I’d take Tuesday. I don’t know what my Friday schedule will be but as of now I’m free on that Friday.

That could potentially change for me on short notice but I doubt it.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Yeah I’ll be online on Xbox before hand just send me …. Whatever. I’ll be playing something else until then

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
Good stuff tonight! That was fun.

If you’re both available again next Tuesday night, we could play some more then?

Story and characters are meh, for me. Totally forgettable and ignorable.
As we've gotten deeper in, I'll revise my opinion to say the dialogue and story/events have become more interesting.

It's no CDPR level of storytelling or anything, but it's something.

Last edited:

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
I can do Tuesday.

I kinda like story lite and it’s got heart. The kids stuffed animal for a memorial got me.

It’s a fun game. We agree it’s simply not finished but even with that I find it a fun game to play and I really like the visuals and atmosphere. The enemy animations look great and staking a vampire is a lot of fun.

Overblown criticism but not entirely undeserved. I just hope it doesn’t kill the game and it gets finished.

I’m only disappointed because there is a game I really like a lot there and it may never live up to its potential. What’s done is done. May as well have fun playing the beta.

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
Cool, Tuesday it is.

I just watched a YouTube video about the Vampire Nest Heart escapes. It turns out we don't need to run 300m back to the entrance. There is an exit door located in one of the loot chambers around the heart. I never saw it since I was more focused on running around the chambers quickly, but yeah that's how it works.

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
New article today about the development of Redfall: Arcane's Redfall Misfire for Xbox Panned After $7.5 Billion Microsoft Deal - Bloomberg

Some key paragraphs:

The development of Redfall was plagued by unclear direction, frequent attrition, and a lack of staff. The project began in 2018 when ZeniMax, the owner of Bethesda Softworks, was looking to sell itself and was encouraging its studios to develop games that could generate revenue beyond initial sales.

Developers under Smith and Bare said the two leads were outwardly excited but as the project progressed failed to provide clear direction. Staff members said that, over time, they grew frustrated with management’s frequently shifting references to other games, such as Far Cry and Borderlands, that left each department with varying ideas of what exactly they were making. Throughout the development, the fundamental tension between single-player and multiplayer design remained unresolved. Smith and Bare did not respond to requests for comment.

Morale at Arkane suffered. Veteran workers who weren’t interested in developing a multiplayer game left in droves. By the end of Redfall’s development, roughly 70% of the Austin staff who had worked on Prey would no longer be at the company, according to people familiar as well as a Bloomberg analysis of LinkedIn and Prey’s credits.

Despite the acquisition of ZeniMax by Microsoft for $7.5 billion in 2020, Redfall's development continued to face challenges. The game's release was delayed multiple times, and the final product was seen as a poor compromise between single-player and multiplayer ideas. The game's launch has increased pressure on the rest of the ZeniMax lineup, particularly the upcoming game Starfield, which is scheduled to arrive in September.

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
@DeadLazy Can you play on Wednesday at 8pm instead of tonight (Tuesday)? DevilDancer might have trouble making it tonight but Wednesday should be good.

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
I'd say we have 4-6 hours of game time remaining to finish the game, depending on how many side missions we do. That's two more sessions.

The level cap is 40, but people seem to finish the game with a level of under 25.

I should be available any night next week.

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
I'd say we have 4-6 hours of game time remaining to finish the game, depending on how many side missions we do. That's two more sessions.

The level cap is 40, but people seem to finish the game with a level of under 25.

I should be available any night next week.
Really? From the map it looked like we had 2-3 more areas to explore.

I think I'm good Tuesday, Thursday or Friday.

Maybe Wednesday, not sure yet.

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
Yeah, I looked at the list of main missions and I think we have around 7 remaining. We did 5 last night, plus side missions.

So two game sessions left? Maybe three.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Monday - Thursday next week I’m free.

Once the bug was cleared out, that was fun, if not a solid, FPS experience.

DevilDancer

Not the boss
Sep 27, 2001
North America
Let's do Thursday since that seems to work for everyone and I'll be home alone that night.

I'm hoping we can finish by the 28th. I'll be in Italy for a couple of weeks after that.

DeadLazy

Prime Member
May 17, 2012
Thursday is cool.

Yeah, that’s probably the lowest score game I’ve liked too. Because I do enjoy it. I might try some SP because my save game is still on the first mission.

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
First patch. Tons of fixes and tweaks.

Sounds like it’ll be there for us on Thursday.

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
14 hour playthrough

ee01fcf2-6874-430d-bccb-3e1fe27863f9-min.png

DevilDancer excited to spend all his money

7f73f6a6-b0ea-48c4-9e0b-05c33dbc6cc9.png

7bd4bf98-91ea-4d2c-ba07-73bfc0545a3c.png

DeadLazy with the final blow

bb97a332-40e4-47a2-bd3d-5cf74665360d-min.png

Last edited:

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
It got a 12gb patch today. Don’t know what the notes say.
I saw that too. It's a hotfix for some urgent issues. Some fixes like people weren't getting any XP for clearing nests. Some people weren't able to kill the final boss due to a glitch, lol.