NiKva

eDetective
Jul 19, 2011
I find this sad, Punk is one of the greatest genres of music and it's practically dead.

The only bands still producing punk music is Rise Against.
Green Day effectively killed any glory that Punk once had.

Let's reminiscence about the good days and our favorite bands.

When I was really young, I used to listen to Sum 41, NOFX, and Bowling For Soup.
Later on, I discovered Zebrahead and I Hate Kate.
For awhile I delved into Metal and House/DnB/Dubstep.
Just lately (2 years ago) I stumbled upon Rise Against and it revived my love for Punk, even though it is mostly dead.

May 10, 2012
The Adicts is still producing music, which is an awesome British 70s and 80s punk band you should check out.

C.lemons

No Longer a Noob
Apr 2, 2007
Portland, OR
I refuse to call Rise Against a Punk band
Real Punk is still going strong
It's just more underground
The way it always has been.
Leftover Crack, Dean Dirg, Toys That Kill, OFF!, White Fang.
It can't really die.

sl4

I'm Sprite tough
Sep 23, 2005
Nova Scotia
I didn't even know this board existed until I mis clicked and went into music but i've just gotta say this is the most retarded thread i've ever seen. Rise Against is barely a punk band especially at this point and to say punk is dead is stupid. Zebrahead and I Hate Kate are not punk bands at all.

There are still all kinds of punk bands that are active and making music, like all fucking kinds.

Jun 19, 2012
Fresno, CA
All the punk in my town's music scene isn't straight up punk, its just a bunch of fake crusties and hipsters making folk punk. All it is bad singing and a shit pawn shop guitar, but not in a good way....

Jun 18, 2012
Rise Against have killed their sound, plus, they are more hardcore than punkk.nre.
Punk is shit like JFA, Operation Ivy, L.O.C, Morning Glory, No Ca$H, etc.

Jun 19, 2012
Fresno, CA
Rise Against have killed their sound, plus, they are more hardcore than punkk.nre.
Punk is **** like JFA, Operation Ivy, L.O.C, Morning Glory, No Ca$H, etc.
I admit Rise Against had somewhat of a hardcore punk/punk rock sound, but they have more of a melodic hardcore sound over the years.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2012
Fresno, CA

Kevin_101

No Longer a Noob
Jul 23, 2005
North America
It does suck that Punk is dead... I'm tired of f'ing Drake, LMFAO, & Lil Wayne crap... lol. No offense to anyone...

Emo/Punk was damn good too.... I liked Emo/Punk & Punk rock a lot in the 00s... But yeah, sadly it's all gone....

zweran63

Noob
Feb 5, 2023
I think punk is not dead, you can still find some artists out there having some form of inspiration from past styles, even though pop punk is not as authentic as the form itself we can still appreciate this style of music being used.

KrayonBytr

Noob
Aug 26, 2022
No band will ever outdo Bad Religion: 40 years and I don't even begin to know how many full studio length albums + LPs. Not just greatest punk band, but one of the greatest bands from any genera. I will always have a place in my heart for DKM as well, regardless of the bad push back from the Boston Underground when they went mainstream on both radioair and hollywood, they've always been musicians first and punks second. I've heard an interesting sentiment regarding the meaning of the band name kinda tying back to the state of affairs Whitey Bulger left that city in. Plus they wrote a song for a vet KIA that requested Green Fields of France be plaid at his wake. When the band caught wind of this they decided he needed this own track to commemorate his memory. Can't be much more "stand-up" than that.