Dragan143

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 14, 2006
I've been waiting for an MMO like this to come out. I always thought it would be more of an actual fighting game (I.E. Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, Tekken) with MMO RPG elements (Equipment upgrades, stat increases) than a group beat down a la Final Fight, but I'm sure it will turn out awesome.

Also, there has been this type of genre before, it wasn't an MMO but it came out for the original XBOX (don't remember the name, had 'blade' in the title I think) and it had- I think- up to 8 players battling it out over XBL. That game was alright but it needed some work. I'm sure Platinum will iron out all the kinks.

Dragan143

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 14, 2006
Ah, found it, the game was called Iron Phoenix for the original XBOX. Again, not MMO, but definitely an online multiplayer fighting game.

Vega_Obscura

Cursed Mod
★ MOD
Mar 1, 2002
WeHo
Finally, a developer is attacking a melee-centric game for once.

This could be the chance for the next revolutionary melee combat system.

Can't wait to see this shape up.

If anyone can do it, Platinum can...

Jul 31, 2001
Mmm..better not be a Dynasty Warrior-like MMO!Hope more for a Demon's Souls melee system against 256 players...they can call it...MAG...Melee Awesome Game!

theedge92

Noob
Jan 7, 2011
Still waiting for Bayonetta 2!! :D

I'm curious of this title, though. It'll probably be awesome if Platinum's previous games are any indication.

E

english43

Original poster
Damn, they used to make Wii games, you know?

Mar 3, 2009
So wait, they're putting Jack from MadWorld in this game but not making it for the Wii?

I hate you game industry and your need to pander to the shallowest audiences ever. It's the real reason why hardcore games on the Wii don't sell: its because today's gamers are shallow and judge it unfairly and developers listen to them.

CoolFlow80

Noob
Jun 17, 2007
This game sounds like DC Universe Online without any specials. So It's a RIOT game where you just swing and kick your way through the world. Sounds like a finger crippling button masher. Ugh!

Dec 1, 2010
sounds good... cant say im not a little disapointed that it is not a sequel to bayonetta or vanquish...
but oh well i bet this game will be great aswell

Sir__Urza

Prime Member
Aug 28, 2001
@TheAbyssalNite-117 Platinum doesn't own bayonetta or vanquish.. deal that got them started with sega.. so I don't expect to see them making sequels to either unless they need cash. They want to make IPs they're going to own now.

Ryuo579

Noob
Jul 20, 2007
An MMO on systems, that's multiplatform? Honestly, I've been waiting for something like this... I only hope it doesn't get stuck in development hell.

sbambasi

Noob
Nov 15, 2010
Sounds like a lagfest. I hope that's one of the top issues that would be addressed while in development.

BANKS72301

Noob
Jan 22, 2011
Gunz....alot of those little free MMO fighting games...yeah this isn't a new genre, they probably will pull it off better than anybody has before, but its not new, especially with the mention of Gunz.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
"Inaba likened the game to a group fight, where you you may end up getting pounded from behind suddenly."

that sounds rather unpleasant

Nokayto2

Noob
Nov 26, 2010
This sounds like Iron Phoenix which was 16-player melee online fighting matches... Twas on the original Xbox

MarcoSnow

Noob
Jul 10, 2006
As much as I like Platinum Games, I'll pass on this one. I'll take an absorbing single-player experience over a solely multiplayer one any day. Here's hoping Bayonetta 2 is in the works (and ditches the slideshows).