D-Train35

Super Star
Feb 25, 2006
i love the west coast games, i just don’t like that they moved away from the 10:40 EST tips

i need something to watch at 12:30 AM on a tuesday in january

Pantz

Super Star
Oct 25, 2010
Your mom's box
Most curious about how this Chris Paul thing is going to work for GS so that should be a good one.

We'll see which version of AD shows up to start the season.

ESR_balla

Waited 8 years for a title. It sucks.
Sep 15, 2001
Most curious about how this Chris Paul thing is going to work for GS so that should be a good one.

We'll see which version of AD shows up to start the season.
I say he’s traded by mid season. Edit cp3 gets traded

D

deleted-96577780

Original poster
Unless Mobley takes another step and Donovan Mitchell performs better (in the playoffs), I don't think much has actually changed for the Cavs despite the acquisitions of Strus and Niang, which only really helps with shooting. Good team with a 2nd round ceiling at best again, just like last season. Of course they went out in the first round, and I actually expected that since they were playing the Knicks. Some Cavs fans got mad at me in another space but I was proven right. While the Cavs are certified Junkyard Dogs™, the Knicks just had more to them plus Brunson has that DAWG in him. I was just disappointed it only went 5 games.

I have no real opinion on Emoni Bates and I'll need to see him on an NBA court to form an opinion.

Sharkboy242

Super Star
Jul 12, 2005
Unless Mobley takes another step and Donovan Mitchell performs better (in the playoffs), I don't think much has actually changed for the Cavs despite the acquisitions of Strus and Niang, which only really helps with shooting. Good team with a 2nd round ceiling at best again, just like last season. Of course they went out in the first round, and I actually expected that since they were playing the Knicks. Some Cavs fans got mad at me in another space but I was proven right. While the Cavs are certified Junkyard Dogs™, the Knicks just had more to them plus Brunson has that DAWG in him. I was just disappointed it only went 5 games.

I have no real opinion on Emoni Bates and I'll need to see him on an NBA court to form an opinion.
What do the Cavs need to do to become contenders?

D

deleted-96577780

Original poster
What do the Cavs need to do to become contenders?
Like topdogg said, the Cavs need to improve at the 3. Lacking a good wing hurt and losing Markannen was the only part of the Mitchell trade I was concerned about.

Who could they get? Realistically, I'm not sure. I don't think the Cavs have enough assets to get a really good player to make a serious improvement. Pascal Siakam could fill that role but the Raptors wouldn't be interested in too much of anything the Cavs could offer.

HUSBAND0

Agridulce
Jun 21, 2010
Highgate Cemetery
I remember TK saying he was Jokic with D.

Also said Jokic could never be the best player on a championship team[xf_rolleyes]
Mobley was an elite defender as a rookie, I am insanely high on him. I don’t think you can compare anyone to folks like Jokic, Giannis, etc., it’s just disrespectful. That level of talent/skill is hard to predict. I do think Mobley has the potential to become a very good offensive player. He makes some great passes. I watch a lot of his clips because he’s on my dynasty team lol

Sharkboy242

Super Star
Jul 12, 2005
View attachment 1017942

jk don't send the goons. We are cool now!
Don't worry topdogg, you were just one of many haters and doubters in Jokic' quest to being the best player in the world.

Mobley was an elite defender as a rookie, I am insanely high on him. I don’t think you can compare anyone to folks like Jokic, Giannis, etc., it’s just disrespectful. That level of talent/skill is hard to predict. I do think Mobley has the potential to become a very good offensive player. He makes some great passes. I watch a lot of his clips because he’s on my dynasty team lol
I know he's really good and has yet to reach his ceiling. His size always surprise me

So I watched the Slovenia vs USA highlights yesterday. Team USA is pretty stacked. Even if it doesn't have any top 10 superstar players, they're loaded at every position. I hope they lose for the lulz but its hard to imagine anyone besting them.

Sharkboy242

Super Star
Jul 12, 2005

Whats up with this guy? They fired the coach and shit, is Embiid really that toxic? I don't even think the Clippers want his ass, they have WB and PG

HUSBAND0

Agridulce
Jun 21, 2010
Highgate Cemetery
Oh well damn if this is true it could be legit the end of Morey as a GM. You do not burn those kind of bridges, free agents need to know they can trust you.
I don’t even like Doc much but he gave an interview this summer basically saying Philly was a toxic franchise and The Process ruined the culture. Honestly seems like they just need to tear it down, including Morey, and start from scratch.

Sharkboy242

Super Star
Jul 12, 2005
I don’t even like Doc much but he gave an interview this summer basically saying Philly was a toxic franchise and The Process ruined the culture. Honestly seems like they just need to tear it down, including Morey, and start from scratch.
On the Bill Simmons podcast? I listened to that and dont remember him saying that exactly

HUSBAND0

Agridulce
Jun 21, 2010
Highgate Cemetery
On the Bill Simmons podcast? I listened to that and dont remember him saying that exactly
You have to read between the lines because he’s a big NBA figure who probably knew he was going to be joining ESPN by then/would be hired in the future. He said they brought him in to fix the culture, the “ill effects” of The Process, he also said Harden was hard to coach and said the team + Embiid specifically is too focused on media stuff (= toxic) etc.

LanceArmstrong

Livewrong
Jun 19, 2023
😏

Sharkboy242

Super Star
Jul 12, 2005
You have to read between the lines because he’s a big NBA figure who probably knew he was going to be joining ESPN by then/would be hired in the future. He said they brought him in to fix the culture, the “ill effects” of The Process, he also said Harden was hard to coach and said the team + Embiid specifically is too focused on media stuff (= toxic) etc.
It wad a good listen. I remember he said some sort of damming stuff but i just forgot the details