The_Stiffmeister

No Longer a Noob
Oct 11, 2019
Why you need one?

I remember Spotify's being pretty bad back when I used it. Never used YouTube Music, but normal YouTube is pretty good for music video recommendations, provided you cleanse all the trash out (only watch music vids on it/sub to music channels, unsub/don't watch anything else, so you don't get useless junk on the front page)

I use TIDAL now but haven't really checked out the recommended section much/at all yet. I mainly find music manually myself or from YouTube vid recs.

LightsOut

I Still Hate Most Things
Jan 8, 2002
From a Trash Can
You must listen to extremely obscure music for it to be unavailable on Spotify
Maybe, but not really.

Hip-Hop/RnB mixtapes aren't on Spotify. Like some of Lil Wayne and 50 Cents best work isn't available on Spotify.

Sample clearance, licensing issues, label drama, etc... keep a lot of great rappers music off platforms like Spotify.

donkey_lover69

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 16, 2023
Maybe, but not really.

Hip-Hop/RnB mixtapes aren't on Spotify. Like some of Lil Wayne and 50 Cents best work isn't available on Spotify.

Sample clearance, licensing issues, label drama, etc... keep a lot of great rappers music off platforms like Spotify.
I see. I don't listen to rap so I didn't consider things like mix tapes. What is a mix tape in this context? I thought a mix tape was when someone recorded a bunch of different songs on to a cassette tape [face_confused]. A relic of days before CD-Rs and later mp3 players.

Kohedron

Come to Kohedron
Apr 3, 2003
Pandora is the only one where it actually found me new bands I love

Spotifys is actual fuckin dogshit

DarthErik

Old Pikachu's Scrotum
Dec 27, 2000
It gives me pretty dogshit recommendations like 95% of the time but sometimes it gives me some absolutely insane bangers, far and few between tho.
I played some salsa music one day for a party with friends and to this day I get weird ass Spanish music and I can’t get it off.

LightsOut

I Still Hate Most Things
Jan 8, 2002
From a Trash Can
I see. I don't listen to rap so I didn't consider things like mix tapes. What is a mix tape in this context? I thought a mix tape was when someone recorded a bunch of different songs on to a cassette tape [face_confused]. A relic of days before CD-Rs and later mp3 players.
In hip hop and R&B culture, a mixtape often describes a self-produced or independently released album issued free of charge to gain publicity or avoid possible copyright infringement