The_Stiffmeister

No Longer a Noob
Oct 11, 2019
Why you need one?

I remember Spotify's being pretty bad back when I used it. Never used YouTube Music, but normal YouTube is pretty good for music video recommendations, provided you cleanse all the trash out (only watch music vids on it/sub to music channels, unsub/don't watch anything else, so you don't get useless junk on the front page)

I use TIDAL now but haven't really checked out the recommended section much/at all yet. I mainly find music manually myself or from YouTube vid recs.

LightsOut

I Still Hate Most Things
Jan 8, 2002
From a Trash Can
You must listen to extremely obscure music for it to be unavailable on Spotify
Maybe, but not really.

Hip-Hop/RnB mixtapes aren't on Spotify. Like some of Lil Wayne and 50 Cents best work isn't available on Spotify.

Sample clearance, licensing issues, label drama, etc... keep a lot of great rappers music off platforms like Spotify.

Wild-Card

Noob
Nov 6, 2020
I use YT premium for the ad free videos; I grew up in the MTV generation so I love it.

M1ghtyMi

Star
Feb 7, 2004
Shuffle of your own music library filled with local audio files that you've accumulated since high school

donkey_lover69

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 16, 2023
Maybe, but not really.

Hip-Hop/RnB mixtapes aren't on Spotify. Like some of Lil Wayne and 50 Cents best work isn't available on Spotify.

Sample clearance, licensing issues, label drama, etc... keep a lot of great rappers music off platforms like Spotify.
I see. I don't listen to rap so I didn't consider things like mix tapes. What is a mix tape in this context? I thought a mix tape was when someone recorded a bunch of different songs on to a cassette tape [face_confused]. A relic of days before CD-Rs and later mp3 players.

Kohedron

Come to Kohedron
Apr 3, 2003
Pandora is the only one where it actually found me new bands I love

Spotifys is actual fuckin dogshit

DarthErik

Old Pikachu's Scrotum
Dec 27, 2000
I’m glad Apple Music isn’t mentioned because it is hands down the worst.

DarthErik

Old Pikachu's Scrotum
Dec 27, 2000
It gives me pretty dogshit recommendations like 95% of the time but sometimes it gives me some absolutely insane bangers, far and few between tho.
I played some salsa music one day for a party with friends and to this day I get weird ass Spanish music and I can’t get it off.

LightsOut

I Still Hate Most Things
Jan 8, 2002
From a Trash Can
I see. I don't listen to rap so I didn't consider things like mix tapes. What is a mix tape in this context? I thought a mix tape was when someone recorded a bunch of different songs on to a cassette tape [face_confused]. A relic of days before CD-Rs and later mp3 players.
In hip hop and R&B culture, a mixtape often describes a self-produced or independently released album issued free of charge to gain publicity or avoid possible copyright infringement