Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1147560p1.html]Killzone 3 Review[/link]
by Anthony Gallegos

Summary:
Killzone 3 is beautiful. The graphics immediately draw an audience, but is the gameplay good enough to warrant sticking it out? [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1147560p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Dnomes

Noob
Sep 24, 2009
Yeah, I am gonna do it. HOW THE HELL DOES THIS GAME GET AN 8.5 EQUALLY AS BLACK SUCKS? I own Black Ops, and the closed beta could easily compete with it...

Dec 20, 2005
I'll get a chance to play this when I go home in a couple of weeks! I can't wait! I'm not sure if this is going to drag me off Halo Reach though, this review seems to just praise Killzone 3 and then gives it an 8.5? Hm, oh well, I learnt long ago not to trust too strictly any review here on IGN. Multiplayer, here I come!

Numbtoyou

Noob
Feb 27, 2007
Opinions from anyone who played the first 2? Do you need to have played them to enjoy this one? Usually play shooters on pc, but this does look pretty good.

Dec 16, 2009
For some reason I thought this game was coming out in the summer :S this review took me my surprise.

However I thought that this game would have gotten at least a 9, this was going to be the Halo for PS3.

But i'm sure that this will be a fun shooter and definably a bust buy for PS3 shooter fans.

DarthBrian

Claremont's #1 Fan
Aug 22, 2000
Only a 1-page review? [face_plain]

EDIT: Looks like they did some formatting and magically turned it into a 2-page review. lol

crazytrini1

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 16, 2005
looks great! now if only I could get a 360 controller to work on the PS3, I'd buy it in an instant!

Oct 21, 2010
Hmmm well at least it got a good score cause i was gonna get it anyway! The only thing I didnt like about killzone 2 was how hard the multiplayer was but I guess that comes from playing COD for about 2 years... but fuck COD its worthless!

dopaliscious

PSN = SHPLIG
Jan 1, 2007
8.5!? I demand a recount. I would've liked a little more info/perspective on how well The Move controls work.

DarthBrian

Claremont's #1 Fan
Aug 22, 2000
Anthony said:
I won't spoil the story, but I was disappointed with where it went and how uninteresting it was. Killzone 3 jumps around in time regularly, constructing a narrative that gives a good reason to explore different parts of the Helghast homeworld, but it's not engaging. In general, the story feels like an afterthought, like it was figured out after the team planned out a series of cool levels and were forced to figure out a way to tie them altogether. It would have been nice to see Guerilla explore the themes of hopelessness as the ISA struggle to survive in hiding on a hostile planet, but instead Killzone 3 basically glosses over this with a quick fade out and a cut scene. This liberal use of fading between scenes, along with the occasional hiccup when loading, broke me out of the experience repeatedly, exacerbating the generally boring story.

Just curious. Did you have this same problem with Halo Reach?

May 25, 2007
This guy has always given crappy reviews, so it doesnt suprise this is what happened when I read who reviewed it. Very short review too. "KZ3 isnt just a shooter, its an experience" anything that I would give that kind of line to, sure wouldnt be an 8.5.

Sqwill

Noob
Jul 31, 2010
Well I was hoping this games story would be interesting. If this review is any indication, it's not. Oh well, can't be any more stale than KZ2's, BFBC2's or Reach's campaign. Too bad too, I really enjoy good single player in games :\

KOQSTRONG

No Longer a Noob
Apr 9, 2010
Not that an 8.5 is bad, Battlefield BC2 got around the same score last year and was probably my favorite game of the year, but its a little bit surprising. The review seems short as well, most games of this scope are normally more than a couple of pages long. Oh well, its not going to stop me from picking this one up anyways.

Toyou4you

Noob
Dec 15, 2009
I don't get how they come up with the score sometimes i mean he keeps on saying great things about the game so you would think a 9 but it's a 8.5 it just confuses me. Though I don't really care cause I don't own a ps3 (though having one would be nice)

Aug 21, 2008
My issues from KZ2 are keeping this from being a must-buy for me at this point. The single player story sounds just as awful as it was in KZ2, with a cookie cutter plot and boring characters. At least the levels sound diverse this time.

Multiplayer was very hit or miss for me in KZ2. The large capacity rooms were not fun. Everyone just funneled into bottleneck choke points because of the Tactician respawn marker and it turned into spawn, frantically fire, throw grenades, die in 10 seconds, repeat. The best rooms were the 16 player ones for sure.

At least the controls are fixed to eliminate the terrible dead zone on the analog sticks. Also, I want to wait to see if the Move players have a distinct advantage or not. It would suck to get headshotted over and over by someone with Move to throw the balance off for those of us without it.

BadAssBurtReynolds

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 5, 2004
I'm getting this game for sure!
Thanks for the speedy, well written review.
YAY I'm on the first page!!! Er...2nd page. [face_tongue]
This thread is going to get huge.

JCM-GRIZZ

Noob
Apr 12, 2010
Great review, Anthony Gallegos did a great job explaining the pros, and cons makes me wish my ps3 didnt yellow light but, id have to rent it first, blow through the single player and see if the multi player can rip me from halo or cod befor id buy it.

G-ROCK1021

Noob
Oct 9, 2010
Its funny how most good ps3 games gt low scores on ign smh yet ne where else they recieve good reviews i wouldnt giv it a 10 but kz3 is definitely a 9 guys once again wouldnt giv it a 10 but ign rarely gives ps3 games a 10 but neway shud b a 9!!! didnt mean 2 rant

RayAntG

Noob
Aug 2, 2010
All I care about is the multiplayer anyway. Looking forward to it. Btw, this is one of the laziest reviews I've read on IGN. A game of this magnitue deserves at least a 2 or 3 page review.

Oct 14, 2007
8.5 is a good score, but fanboys will have fun with this score...

However, if they say it's one of the best looking game on any console, shouldn't it be a 10? Considering that some games received 10 and they weren't as good looking on the same console. GTAIV for example, was very far from that and got a 10 for graphics. Standards have improved obviously, but what game is over KZ3 today?

Jul 15, 2010
Score aside, Isn't it a bit early to be reviewing a game before it even comes out? The MP is still testing a lot of new changes in the open beta right now for example.

oddengland

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 16, 2006
Well it sounds like everything about the game is fantastic except the story is nothing special. Sounds like an 8.5 to me!

And why do you whiny fanboy weirdos even care if it got an 8.5? does this mean you can't play the game? Does it change the game in ANY way at all? No. So what's the problem? It is the opinion of one man, get over it. 8.5 is a good score anyway...

Definitely be giving this a rental at the very least. Thanks for the review.

philpee2

Noob
Aug 6, 2010
Man, do we really need another gritty military first person shooter? These games look boring as hell. Good review, Anthony. I'm glad you didn't succumb to "well the previous one got a 9.5" and overscore a generic looking sequel.

nickpeck26

No Longer a Noob
Jun 20, 2002
"this is a 9 easy, not a 8.5," so you beat it already huh? [face_plain]

So, how many "it dosent have online coop so I'm not getting it" comments will there be? lol, love that one. Could care less about this game but I hope its good for the fans out there.

xNewcloudx

Noob
Oct 13, 2010
im kind of shocked that the story is weak didnt they get a pro to do the storyline, the review was weak on move support its sounded like he just played 1 level with it and not even a mention of co-op