Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1152113p1.html]Killzone 3 Multiplayer Tips[/link]
by Alex Simmons

Summary:
As Killzone 3's multiplayer servers kick into overdrive IGN spoke to the developer of the game to get you the inside scoop on how to rule the multiplayer roost. [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1152113p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Demonata11

Noob
Dec 8, 2009
@bradley-ridge Of course there are more than three maps, but you realize how much video there would be if they covered each map. Besides you get the idea of what to do with each class from these videos anyways.

adpbobcat

Noob
Dec 17, 2010
awesome videos, keep them coming!

i'm playing KZ3 right now, i don't understand why they bash the story so much. it's not that bad. i think it's actually pretty good for a video game, but the characters aren't that likable. the MP is a beast!!!!

v1nz1984

Noob
Jun 5, 2008
nice!! keep up the tips IGN. ive finished the story mode campaign in just 2 days in the hardest difficulty and unlocked the HIGHEST difficulty in the game and i will play it in that level skill. as of MP, im loving it. It gives me a different tactical gameplay instead of RUN n GUN type like COD BLOPS or MW2. These are nice tips and il take these as a very useful tool to do when playing MP.

mreduardo

Noob
Nov 1, 2010
Too bad tips for multiplayer servers that don't function are irrelevant... I've had the game since launch and only been able to play two matches online. Guerilla needs to fix their broken game!

pieman2800

Noob
Jul 9, 2009
Servers are fine! I would love it if they had custom games back, but the matchmaking isn't broken.

Great tips though IGN. I havn't been too happy with this site lately, but this is a great idea well executed, especially since so many new people are joining the killzone stuff. Personally I've been doing great, except for Kaznan jungle but that vid might help me. I think I need the marksman unlocked a bit more, as you proved that his M66 machine pistol works great on that map.

Dec 21, 2009
Uhhh I have played this online for 10 hrs and have not once played in the jungle or have even seen it as an option. Do you have to download it or something?

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
There are connection issues for all of you that don't kow. Check playstation forums, there are tons of people that cannot connect to a single multiplayer game including myself and my connection is pretty good with every other game I own.

gunnera

Noob
Feb 16, 2010
haven't had 1 connection issue, and played since day 1, love playing the jungle.... great maps. love it

Jun 14, 2010
I have had multiple issues trying to get into matches, including having the game freeze on me. My buddy also has as well. Anyone else having the same problem?

Feb 5, 2011
Have a few connection problems now and again, but have backed out and had no worries joining another lobby. Biggest tip would be to play as a team!

Feb 1, 2011
i have had a couple issues with connection, but for the most part once you get in game you shouldnt lag, disconnect, etc. However, the load times are pretty rediculous some times.

Still, INFILTRATOR FTW!!!!! :D such a sneaky little guy and you rack up huge melee killstreaks with him. Still, an infiltrator without ammo is pretty much dead unless your a pro and can get knife kills to get another weapon. Wish more people played the engineer and actually fixed the ammo crates.

Did i mention that i love the online? If i didnt i i should have because its pretty neat and a fresh pace from cod.

Vocor_Kane

Noob
Dec 8, 2008
The Jungle is a Guerrilla Warfare only map. So if you have been playing Warzone and/or operations you won't come across it.

Ocean_1

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 27, 2004
@ Jun284

Yeah, you're right, the problem with reach is it's 10 years behind every other shooter.

Not that a decent game even fits on a dvd these days.

Apr 26, 2009
"Yeah, you're right, the problem with reach is it's 10 years behind every other shooter."

@Ocean_1 wow please explain. I don't understand how something is "behind" simply because it's different. If every game played the same then what's the point of different franchies. Oh wait.. this looks exactly like Call of Duty. So I guess its better to be exactly the same rather than be different, huh? Because then the game is "behind".

rkw4

Noob
Nov 18, 2002
so, I read ign's review and didn't see much about the multiplayer. I am curious if it is better than kz2? I have been leaning toward picking this up but just not sure.

pieman2800

Noob
Jul 9, 2009
Killzone 3 would probably be better in terms of gameplay, but it doesn't reach its potential because it threw out custom servers. Killzone 2 was amazingly replayable and so entertaining mostly because everything was customizable, and you could find several matches that feet your perfect style. Killzone 3 has some great additions and some okay changes (I'm not comfortable with downgrading the health), but the matchmaking makes the game feel more bland.

Its worth the $60 though, and its a ton of fun still. I just wouldn't jump the gun and say it beats killzone 2.

JimmyTheKing

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 6, 2009
KZ3 flogs KZ2. KZ3 has far better controls, better maps and better classes. It's almost just better all around.

Amans91

Noob
Oct 23, 2009
the only i hate about KZ3 is the matchmaking, because unlike KZ2, you can't customize matches and change a lot of the settings> i really liked making pistol only maps and now i cant do that

Sep 3, 2010
I also think that the only thing worse about KZ3 is the fact that you can't customize matches, but hopefully they will release an update that intertwines the two. Then again, change will always be liked and hated by different people.

Feb 9, 2010
I can't complain about this games multiplayer it's fun chaotic yet all the while has a good amount of tactical play with the class system. You can seriously play one class or more in a match and never feel like you're working against your team if you fill that classes role.

UKBrett

Noob
Oct 3, 2010
I don't think the maps are as good as the KZ2 maps. But I'm liking everything else more.

I just felt the KZ2 maps had better atmosphere. And the only map I'm really fond of in KZ3 is Bilgarsk.

Jul 15, 2006
multiplayer suck!
I fully shoot 2clip of smg through enemy and it didnt die. then after 10 second while i reloding new ammo, its dies and screen said that i killed him Lag~ Lag~ Lag~ Its really annoying, quake 2 is better than this.

I stick with battlefield bc2 and upcoming battlefield 3 ,bye2 killzone 3.

Dec 21, 2010
i like kz3 online, but im having problems playing with a friend and ppl in my squad, we keep getting sent to different games, any1 else having tht problem or is it just me?

Shabz123

Noob
Feb 27, 2011
I was not a fan of Killzone 2 multiplayer no matter how much I wanted to like it. This one seems ok but I still have a feeling I'm going to hate it

angyleous

Noob
Feb 3, 2011
GOOD TIPS!?!?! KEEP THEM COMING?!!?

hahah seriously these 'tips' are so vague and generic and for those of you that claim to now 'pwn noobs' after reading this article i have this to say:
bots are not noobs, they're bots.

LOL

Higgy4tw

Noob
Sep 16, 2009
I find that everyone that plays the medic only plays it to get that ridiculously feeble assistant drone. I think in my 6hours of playing online I've been revived by like 3 different people, yet I see medics EVERYWHERE! Plus the idiots that revived me done it while they are being shot at.. which is always a bonus right? I love being revived to be gunned down before I've fully stood up =)