RedemptionRed

HI BILLY MAYS HERE FOR IGN
Dec 3, 2010
IGN had a hugely active PSO community back when it launched for the Dreamcast. Time for all of us to get back together and own an entire ship and block like we used to, lol.

Get in here PSO vets.

Alextwolf

Noob
Jan 18, 2013
Damn skippy...I remember 16 hour plays on the dreamcast. Hell, I only owned the dreamcast for this game. Anyone have a clue as to the vita release???:-(

RedemptionRed

Dec 3, 2010
Damn skippy...I remember 16 hour plays on the dreamcast. Hell, I only owned the dreamcast for this game. Anyone have a clue as to the vita release???:-(

It's coming out for the Vita in Japan next month, so I assume that means maybe fall or winter here in the states.

Jojumo

Noob
Dec 11, 2012
Hello you guys, I was excepted into the Closed beta for PSO2 on the vita (I Have a Japanese account), and I've played about 2 or 4 hours of it, and although I Can't read Japanese (I have a friend who can read most of it except for Kanji) I understand most mechanics within the game, you can ask me any questions you think I may (or may not) have the answer to.

Mar 14, 2009
I was wondering where this game was I havent heard anything about it in a while...so its only coming out on PC and psp? Thats the stupidest thing Ive ever heard. They should jjust drop it on psn and live, wouldnt be hard at all, Im sure 1 guy could do it. Right now all psn's got is frickin dcuo. Oh and home, lol. Im mad cuz I was hyped to play pso again after like 10 years, but if its gonna be on PC I'm gonna miss it. I cant stand playing games on PC. and Ill be damned if Im playing a souped up gameboy either. I want to chill on my couch and play sonic team! Now get your thumbs out your asses stop making half finished sonic games and you PUT THIS ON PSN!!!!!! RIGHT NOW!!!

RedemptionRed

Dec 3, 2010
I was wondering where this game was I havent heard anything about it in a while...so its only coming out on PC and psp? Thats the stupidest thing Ive ever heard. They should jjust drop it on psn and live, wouldnt be hard at all, Im sure 1 guy could do it. Right now all psn's got is frickin dcuo. Oh and home, lol. Im mad cuz I was hyped to play pso again after like 10 years, but if its gonna be on PC I'm gonna miss it. I cant stand playing games on PC. and Ill be damned if Im playing a souped up gameboy either. I want to chill on my couch and play sonic team! Now get your thumbs out your asses stop making half finished sonic games and you PUT THIS ON PSN!!!!!! RIGHT NOW!!!

That would require a lot more money, time, and resources because they would have to setup servers dedicated to the PSN network, similar to having to set up servers to run with Xbox Live (and plus, you'd have to pay for an Xbox Live Gold subscription, and PSO2 is free to play). PSO2 is coming out for the Vita and for the PC (Vita will run off PC servers).

PSO2 features full controller support, so you can always hook up your PS3 or Xbox 360 controller and play that way.

Aaricane

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 24, 2009
Ehhh not a PSO player, but i did play PSU for a few years.
Nice to see some players alive & kicking!

pinkace

Part-Time Pervert
Oct 25, 2001
I don't usually buy games the day they are released, but when I do, I buy Phantasy Star games.

Jan 29, 2013
Can't wait for PSO2 to come out! I just wish we had a for sure date. Is the game gonna be buy then it's F2P online or is it all together going to be F2P

SladeHD

Noob
Jan 21, 2013
PSO2! I put three Years into PSU. My favorite MMO of all time man.. Anyone know when it is releasing on the US pc version.

Feb 4, 2013
I finally registered on IGN only because of this thread. I'm IN!!
I played PSO for Dreamcast for like three years straight, I even got a modem-thing for it so I could play it online. :D Can't wait for this shit to come out!!

Quatre47

Fuwa Fuwa Time!!
Aug 9, 2001
Oklahoma
Its been possible to get on since the closed alpha tests, pso-world had guides up long long ago.

I haven't looked at Schthacks guide, but if its the same one, it works, and I also know theres a working patch for menus and story.
(pretty much everything but item names.)

Actually playing while I make this post, waiting for the coming emergency mission to start!
Falz is approaching [face_worried]

Feb 7, 2013
^Echo that.
I've been tracking this since the idea existed, and it's frustrating that the US date remains unstated.
Also I'm worried that proper catgirl Hunewearl's aren't in evidence yet.

RedemptionRed

Dec 3, 2010

Snashkille

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 15, 2004
Does anyone know if Sega is gonna make you pay for a Hunter's License again? I loved PSO and PSU, but that sure did annoy the hell out of me. That kept me from playing PSU online.

RedemptionRed

Dec 3, 2010
Does anyone know if Sega is gonna make you pay for a Hunter's License again? I loved PSO and PSU, but that sure did annoy the hell out of me. That kept me from playing PSU online.

Phantasy Star Online 2 is free to play.

ngamer007

No Longer a Noob
Aug 22, 2000
It's a real damn shame they are going free to play on this one. I want to buy a game and have a physical copy that will work 3, 5 or 10 years later. I want to earn my weapons in the game without feeling pressured to get nickled and dimed with microtransactions.

I'd rather pay $200 for a full fledged PSO sequel than get a free to play game. Oh well.

Quatre47

Fuwa Fuwa Time!!
Aug 9, 2001
Oklahoma
It's a real damn shame they are going free to play on this one. I want to buy a game and have a physical copy that will work 3, 5 or 10 years later. I want to earn my weapons in the game without feeling pressured to get nickled and dimed with microtransactions.

I'd rather pay $200 for a full fledged PSO sequel than get a free to play game. Oh well.

I'd recommend doing a bit more research on the game before making a big claim like that.

1. I believe they had a collectors edition put out at some point, at least the JP release did.

2. Theres no need to ever use the microtransactions. Absolutely none, you'll miss out on practically nothing with out them.
(literally, all you miss is the shop and room, and those you can get random pass's for with FUN scratch cards (you recieve FUN points for simply logging in.) Sega also randomly gives these passes out. I've got 4 or 5 in storage right now. No need to use them.

Also..you really do earn those rare weapons..the drop rates at times are insane...like making PSO and PSO v2 drop rates look good...

If you liked PSO, and I know you did, you posted in here enough, I'd recommend giving it a try, heck, you can always get on the JP servers and join me, chalka, Hunter_Soldier, and BlueBlazzed, we all play on there, actually just logged off from a night of Time Attack runs (Similar to challenge mode.)

ngamer007

No Longer a Noob
Aug 22, 2000
So the collector's edition includes every single microtransaction item on physical media so I don't have to buy them individually? Great!

And there's an offline mode so I don't have to worry about servers being taken down in the future and losing all of my stuff? Online-only games, like Diablo 3, are abysmally bad.

Quatre47

Fuwa Fuwa Time!!
Aug 9, 2001
Oklahoma
Do you really need to own every piece of clothing they put out? Thats 90% of the microtransactions.

RedemptionRed

Dec 3, 2010
So the collector's edition includes every single microtransaction item on physical media so I don't have to buy them individually? Great!

And there's an offline mode so I don't have to worry about servers being taken down in the future and losing all of my stuff? Online-only games, like Diablo 3, are abysmally bad.

I honestly don't understand why you are being so negative. If PSO2's F2P model is something that doesn't suit you then don't download and play it.

The rest of us will be having fun playing PSO2.

october8th

Prime Member
Nov 26, 2001
I just tried getting into the japanese servers, but i can't get the sega ID form to work. I think the captcha is getting me.

Quatre47

Fuwa Fuwa Time!!
Aug 9, 2001
Oklahoma
I dont remember there being a time limit on that....make sure theres no capital letters in your name/log-in tho.

Free to play, free to download, I dont see why any Phantasy Star fan would not want to try this out.

Rhetorics

Noob
Feb 12, 2013
Oh joy I can't wait for this. PC and Vita running on the same servers, I just hope there's some sort of connection between offline and online play, if there is even going to be offline play.

Funny thing is I started playing Phantasy Star with Phantasy Star Portable 2.

PSO2 looks and sounds amazing. You don't need anything super fancy to run it on PC right? My laptop isn't exactly top tier.

Quatre47

Fuwa Fuwa Time!!
Aug 9, 2001
Oklahoma
No, decent pc's can run the game fine. You only need a good computer if you want to run at highest settings.

No offline mode, its all online.(not sure about vita version, but PC has no offline.)

Aug 12, 2012
How knowledgable are u on computers like if I told u what I'm running can you tell me if its; fair, good, great, or awesome. also if I dont have a decent computer what I would need? I'm not looking to have the best, just above average.

P.S. Ive never played PC games, I've stuck with the consoles (first thing Ima need is something similar to a Xbox 360 controller I can use on computer LOL!)

Rhetorics

Noob
Feb 12, 2013
I do hope they have an offline version, because my Vita doesn't have 3G ;__;

I mean, I loved how Portable 2 had online capabilities, but you could complete the game solely offline (like I did). I wonder if anyone still plays PSP2.

RedemptionRed

Dec 3, 2010
How knowledgable are u on computers like if I told u what I'm running can you tell me if its; fair, good, great, or awesome. also if I dont have a decent computer what I would need? I'm not looking to have the best, just above average.

P.S. Ive never played PC games, I've stuck with the consoles (first thing Ima need is something similar to a Xbox 360 controller I can use on computer LOL!)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109243

Aug 12, 2012

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109243
Dude that is freaking awesome, thx!

Quatre47

Fuwa Fuwa Time!!
Aug 9, 2001
Oklahoma
Yea, there currently is no set release date for the US game.

However, its not to hard to jump on the JP servers, theres patches to translate practically everything now(everything but item names).

PloCoon

Acculturating Laowai
Jan 4, 2004
Luoyang, Henan Province, China
I wish they'd give us an actual date. "Early 2013" is halfway over. This is not a release date. It is an estimation. Most games have an actual projected date a couple of months ahead of time.