blecky07

Noob
Jul 16, 2011
tlandjl said:
Help! I have 99.3% complete on the Wii -- I need 5 more characters. Is there another way to get back into Hogwarts besides using "Continue Story?" It keeps taking me back to Knockturn Alley. Thanks

Was there ever a reply to the Knockturn Alley problem? I am having the same problem, and it is frustrating me!

Gamermom24

Noob
Jul 18, 2011
I got all 200 gold bricks and I played Bonus Level 11 and unlocked Lord Voldermort. But now I can not go back to explore Hogwarts. When I click on Continue Story it always takes me to Knockturn Alley. How do I get to Hogwarts again so I can explore and find more hidden characters? Thank you for your help.

Gamermom24

Noob
Jul 18, 2011
I am playing the Lego Wii Harry Potter Game. I got all 200 gold bricks and played Bonus Level 11 and unlocked Lord Voldermort. Now when I go to "Continue Story" it takes me back to Knockturn Alley. It will not let me go back to Hogwarts to explore. I do not know how to go back to Hogwarts so that I can find more hidden characters. Will you please help me with how to do this? I have 99.7% of the game complete and just need to find 2 more characters within Hogwarts.

ejign

Noob
Jul 20, 2011
After playing the game for a month, I start it today and the buttons don't work. Right at the beginning where it says "Press + to continue" nothing happens. All I can do is exit. The wii remote works fine for everything else, but not for Harry Potter.[face_skull]

bbbryan

Noob
Jul 10, 2010
On the Wii, I have all characters but Voldemort unlocked... I just need 1 more golden brick to find so I can access Bonus Level 11. Problem is, I have no friggin' clue where the last golden brick could possibly be. I have been ALL over hogwarts, and am not getting the detector signal anymore, unless I somehow missed something. I have all of the students in peril taken cared of, so it's just a brick. Also, I can't get back into the Griffyndor common room, no matter what I do. Driving me insane! I've also been using the Golden Bricks location guide posted here on IGN and I'm just not having any luck haha.

sambo572

Noob
Aug 2, 2011
I have found all of the House Crests except one. It is the yellow on the Dragons board. The detector tells me it is at the xylophone, but after playing it and putting him to sleep, I can not get it to do anything else. I played it till it stopped showing the notes being played. What else do I have to do? Thanks!

argionmeli

Noob
Sep 23, 2011
hey- do you know how to switch to a different character in 'continue story' mode without a polyjuice cauldron available?
trying to switch to a dark magic char in dumbledore's office,(after 'completed' game)
thanks!

lisa-lulu

Noob
Sep 18, 2011
I am having trouble with year 6 where Dumbledore and Harry are getting the horcrux. I keep getting taken away by the guys from the water. HELP!! I can't get past this.

Nov 14, 2011
I have 99.9 percent of the game completed and am only missing 1 more characters. I know it is a harry potter character, I have him in christmas, godric's hollow, albert runcorn, locket, pyjamas, and brown jacket. I have no idea where to look for the last one!

doctorwalt

Noob
Nov 14, 2011
Switch to Dumbledore and drink. Then you get switched back to Harry. I used spells to delay the swarm of Inferi. I couldn't stop them, but slowed them enough to allow Dumbledore to finish his drink. Then repeat however many times you need to. The Patronus worked well (as did Augmenti, once), but I suspect you may need to change spells. I don't know if you can avoid getting swarmed (I didn't).

newcru

Noob
Jul 11, 2010
lisa-lulu said:
I am having trouble with year 6 where Dumbledore and Harry are getting the horcrux. I keep getting taken away by the guys from the water. HELP!! I can't get past this.

Actually, I just let them drag me down to the water. You come back to life off to the side. Switch to Dumbledore and run back up quickly and drink again, then let them drag you down. Keep doing this until you have drunk all five times.

Nov 12, 2011
Spray water at them and be very fast. I made sure when they are carrying me away to have Dumbledore selected so I can run and drink the water, then when it switches to Harry spray the crap out of them with water. They still got me everytime, but it saved enough time to let him drink.

dcdowney

Noob
Dec 16, 2011
How do you stop Bellatrix in Not So Merry Christmas? I've been using the WINGARD spell trying to stop the things she's flinging at me but I keep dying. I know I can't progress in the game unless I figure this out. Do you have any tips?

mecfinn

Noob
Dec 19, 2011
We're stuck! In year 6, before getting to The Horcrux and the Hand, you're supposed to follow the ghost up the stairs to Dumbledore's. But the stairs are not there. Is there another way to get up there? Or how do you get the stairs to appear?

Thanks!

dcdowney

Noob
Dec 16, 2011
I've played this level 7 times now and I can't catch the purple object and throw it back. I think this game is going back to GameStop. I've never had this problem with a boss fight before.

jnorg

Noob
Jun 8, 2011
I am having a problem with throwing objects you pick up with your wand. Can you tell me how to do it, I have tried everything and can't seem to throw things. I can pick something up but it just falls back on the floor. I am an "older" gamer and would appreciate some help.

Thank you in advance.

Dec 23, 2011
Please help. We are stuck!!! So frustrating. We are on the Dumbledore's Army Level in Hermione's garden. We have all the ingredients, except the last one, which we need to get by sweeping the mushrooms. However, when we try to sweep them, nothing happens. We can't uncover anything. We've tried all the different characters, we've tried using so many different motions to try to sweep the broom, but nothing works. I'm at a total loss, and feel like we just might have to give up on this game at this point. But, my kids will be heartbroken. Can you help?

Thanks so much!

May 23, 2008
jnorg said:
I am having a problem with throwing objects you pick up with your wand. Can you tell me how to do it, I have tried everything and can't seem to throw things. I can pick something up but it just falls back on the floor. I am an "older" gamer and would appreciate some help.

Thank you in advance.

I used to as well but you need to angle your joy stick or the object falls

gammer45

Noob
Oct 3, 2005
im playing lego harry potter years 1-4 im having trouble finding the last gold brick. i have looked all over hogwarts castle and have found nothing even with the gold brick detector on

Dec 27, 2011
In DS Harry Potter Years 5-7 I am stuck in The Weasley Twins Leave Hogwarts. I think I am in the section that is building the rocket. I am only able to find 2 parts that are placed on the center and right tables of the 3 tables. Can you help me? Thanks

curlyque13

Noob
Dec 28, 2011
Please Help!!! I just got Harry Potter Years 1-4 for the Nintendo DS and I'm stuck at the Room Of Requirement. I don't know what to do!!!!!!

Dec 28, 2011
Need help in the cave. I have got to the level where Harry/ Dumbledor have to get the lights to open the cave.. But When I try to move from level to level. It wont let me pick a area to move to.. I am press the A button and then the wheel comes up to ask you which way you wanna go. But it wont let me pick one. I am doing something wrong or does my game have a glitch..
thanks..
Oh playing on ds..

Dec 29, 2011
I'm having a problem getting between the Reducto spell lesson and 'love hurts' (year 6) on story mode, years 5 - 7. The ghost didn't show me out of the class room and is now taking me up to Dumledore's office, except that the stairs are up so I can't get up the stairs (unless I'm just being really stupid)... how do I get up the stairs? I've tried going in to the Gryffindor common room to start the cut scene... is it a glitch with my game?

Apr 28, 2003

"Need help in the cave. I have got to the level where Harry/ Dumbledor have to get the lights to open the cave.. But When I try to move from level to level. It wont let me pick a area to move to.. I am press the A button and then the wheel comes up to ask you which way you wanna go. But it wont let me pick one. I am doing something wrong or does my game have a glitch..
thanks..
Oh playing on ds.. "

in case you're still stuck. the portal on the right (the left one gives the arrows) you can wing (purple) to the area by the door with the 3 lights to be lit.

OldDog1967

Noob
Sep 8, 2011
My daughter and I are trying to get the Lucius Malfoy character. We are in free play going through Follow the Spiders (HP yrs 1 - 4). The lumos spell is not available to us to use against the vines to get the brooms. It is available to us in replay the story, though, but the HP guide says to get Malfoy character we need to be in Free Play mode. Any advice?

eeeptd

Noob
Nov 18, 2009
Where do I find the red brick for character detection? It's red brick #2 and the only one I'm missing. Thanks!

maeross4

Noob
Jan 7, 2012
how do you get the character outside of hogsmeade in the tree?? I tried many times to hit it with reducto, but noting happens. I think it's a fred(winter) or george(winter) character. HELP.

zbman

Noob
Jan 14, 2012
I need the last harry(it's the last character too).Who is it and where can I find it?Theese are the ones I have:
-Brown jacket
-Godric's hollow
-Locket
-Pyjamas
-Christmas
-Albert Runcorn
Please?

kmfleming

Noob
Jan 26, 2012
We are on Year 4, and I'm pretty sure we finished Quiddich Game and then the part in the forest where Hagrid shows Harry the dragons. Then we were in a classroom where we made the aging potion. Then we went into the next room where there is a fountain/pool in the middle of the room. There is a locked chest on the left, a Hufflepuff picture frame on the back-left wall but we cannot turn into a Hufflepuff because our potion is Aging, not Polyjuice; we got one key somehow and we got the goldbrick under the steps and the chest upstairs (unlocked snape?). Anyway, one of us broke the gargoyle but I think that was supposed to help us and now we are stuck...we cannot open the chest, or get the key up in the snake statue's mouth, or get a key from the Hufflepuff picture frame. I'm not even sure how we are in this room (adjacent to the potion room?) as I think we should be doing the first Tri-Wizard challenge, not be stuck in a potion room. Please advise....we are so frustrated!

dd05294

Noob
Feb 2, 2012
We're trying to make our way up to Dumbeldore's office at the end of Felix Felicis level, but we have hit a gap in the stairs and can't get them to trigger to keep moving up. Any help would be appreciated.

Vimsen78

Noob
Feb 3, 2012
I'm stuck on the final (?) battle with Voldemort... adding to the cauldron did nothing as I can only play as Harry, and he doesn't have the Deluminator spell. All I seem to be able to do, is run around like a fool, nothing more to smash or anything. No statues, I'm past the level with the statue and shield.

How do I defeat Voldemort once and for all? Oh, I play on the (3)DS, btw.

wyattmc02

Noob
Feb 4, 2012
Is there a special level after we get 100% like in the years 1-4 game? We've looked all over but we couldn't find anything.
So far the only thing we've found was the lame lego city level where you have to get 100 million studs. It'll give you carpal tunnel syndrome trying to get 100 million studs 50 at a time shooting plants. What a waste of time.

Sorry if someone else already asked this but we tried looking through all 96 pages of replies and couldn't find the answer.

Thanks

wyattmc02

Noob
Feb 4, 2012
Is there a special level after we get 100% like in the years 1-4 game? We've looked all over but we couldn't find anything. So far the only things we've found was the lame lego city level where you have to get 100 million studs. It'll give you carpal tunnel syndrome trying to get 100 million studs 50 at a time shooting plants. What a waste of time.

Sorry if someone else already asked this but we tried looking through all 96 pages of replies and couldn't find the answer.

Feb 25, 2012
I can't find where to buy red bricks! I have gone up and down Diagon Alley and found where to buy gold bricks, where to buy people, where to buy potions....but nowhere to buy red brick items! I have some listed as "available to buy" but can't find where to go to buy them! Please help me!

Feb 25, 2012
I can't find where to buy red bricks! I have gone up and down Diagon Alley and found where to buy gold bricks, where to buy people, where to buy potions....but nowhere to buy red brick items! I have some listed as "available to buy" but can't find where to go to buy them! Please help me!