gsilver

Star
Sep 6, 2000
I like the floats, but they always seem to put a bunch of service vehicles with sirens at the end. Don't like that part at all.

More fun to see in person than on TV, so whatever's local, though I may turn into the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
They’re meh. If the weather is nice then it’s fine, for nothing else than to just sit outside and talk with family/friends.

We went to the Macy’s Thanksgiving parade once.

Mardi Gras in NOLA is probably the most fun. You constantly have people throwing stuff at you, so yeah. If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Solar7

Final Justice!
★ MOD
Aug 3, 2000
Las Vegas
I pretty much avoid them, even at Disneyland. Just not my thing - I'd rather be somewhere else taking advantage of smaller crowds that are out watching said parade.

docSpock

Super User
May 17, 2012
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Parades are awesome! The Macy one is the biggest deal but there’s the Caribbean Labor Day parade and the Puerto-Rican Day parade which are also fun. I don’t like actually being at parades because I don’t like crowds but I like hearing the music and seeing the balloons and costumes from afar.

My favorite parade is one I only saw once and I don’t know its name. It was a bunch of floats each with a different DJ playing incredible ravey/house music and the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen who could really dance. It wasn’t any holiday I could think of and it was around the Flatiron building which doesn’t usually have parades.